Doniphan Mayor's Son Charged with Assault

Aug 31, 2007 Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro 145

The son of Doniphan Mayor Larry Ponder faces charges of second degree assault in Ripley County after allegedly striking a woman with a shovel last weekend. via KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Saviourbreath

New Berlin, WI

#1 Sep 22, 2007
He'll walk.
tooclosetosay

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Oct 20, 2007
that fact that he was released on his own reconizance (which NEVER happens in this money hungry town) should tell you how this is going to go down. No more will be done about this incident than was done all the other times Greg has gotten in trouble.
kijabr

Harrisonville, MO

#3 Oct 23, 2007
i have lived in that town almost my whole life and my husband and i have just moved from there and i have to say there has been murders,cops who steal from the community,cops who kill and just get a slap on the hand,gregand my husband grewup together and that man deserves what he gets if he gets anything, those cops are as sorry as a meth head or a drunk could be think about all the bad things that go on in that town and the policeare still looking pretty,we came to doniphan over the summer for a wedding and brought some friends we were on our way to the hotel and was stopped by a resident who proceded to argue with one of our friends and lo and behold the cops showed up and told the local man to get home,then searched everyone that was with us 2 wallets came up missingafter the search and the cops laughed at us and said well i guess its your loss not ours.,a man had over 36 counts of rape case was dropped?????,someday the police department will by under investagation until then greg will walk with a slap on the hand and daddy ponder will still be a good mayor but we all know bull s%$* walks.
retired

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Nov 4, 2007
Just like the pedophile Slayton that is still free
Update Me

Quitman, AR

#5 Jan 4, 2008
What ever happened to Greg Ponder?
Did it all get dropped?
Helping Out

Grandview, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2008
Were was Terry Slayton and Greg Ponder at the time 40,000 Pills was Stolen From Doniphan Pharmacy ?
DoesItMatter

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2008
Does it matter where they were? They'd walk.
agnes

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Feb 1, 2008
Helping Out wrote:
Were was Terry Slayton and Greg Ponder at the time 40,000 Pills was Stolen From Doniphan Pharmacy ?
It's not Terry Slayton. Terry Slayton is a good person.
BILL

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Feb 2, 2008
THAT IS THE SLAYTON THAT MARRED A KID THREE TIMES YOUNGER THAN HIM AND HE WORKS AT THE (courthouse)HE IS A GOOD ONE
kjps

Columbia, MO

#11 Feb 7, 2008
BILL wrote:
THAT IS THE SLAYTON THAT MARRED A KID THREE TIMES YOUNGER THAN HIM AND HE WORKS AT THE (courthouse)HE IS A GOOD ONE
Terry did not marry someone 3 times younger than him. She is only 4 or 5 years younger. They are a very nice christian family. Those who don't know the facts should not be allowed to make these kinds of statements!
kjps

Columbia, MO

#12 Feb 7, 2008
retired wrote:
Just like the pedophile Slayton that is still free
He is not a pedophile -- he was never convicted of anything - just a hostile teenager that wanted revenge for a bad grade she got as a student of this man. It is a shame that kids are allowed to bash good teachers in this way.
LawDog

Greenbrier, AR

#13 Feb 7, 2008
Well, I have been reading these post, and find myself intriqued.. I am a law enforcement officer that works in Ripley Co. and I also live here. To the Lady from Odessa, Mo. That never happened, and you know it. The reason that you and your Husband have left town, is because, we were closing in on him for Dealing. As for Mr. Ponder, I have read all of the reports, not just the ones that were turned over to the paper but all of them. Did you know that Ponder was minding his own business when the people that were involved came to the location, Did you know that they started the Fight, Did you know that Four people jumped Ponder, and Jones took a bite out of Ponders Head. No, none of you knew that. As for the OR Bond, There are Or bonds granted everyday here, A bond is set, so that people will not run. A bond is not a punishment, just a guarntee that the person will show up in court. So, the next time you Intelligent people decide to write something, get all the facts.
MONEY TALKS

Romance, AR

#14 Feb 10, 2008
Golden Rule in DONIPHAN MO. IS Who Has THE Gold They Rule
ripley co citizen

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2008
he has been in trouble most all his life , since elementary school! he has the "little man syndrome" and on more than one occassion i have seen him pick and pick at someone until they get mad and want to fight, and depending on how much he has to drink he might ball up on them or play it off like a joke until they are unsuspecting of his "stab you in the back" approach! he has been a spoiled rotten momma's baby all his life, protect to say the least, he and his twin brother are light night and day and always have been. you say four people jumped him? well, i may buy that but what had he done to them before he was jumped??? i love mr. ponder he was wonderful as a teacher however, he feels the need to try and keep greg out of trouble and that's part of the reason greg is always in trouble! he acts like he is still sixteen and probably will not age any further in his brain....sad! hope someday he will learn something from his mistakes and maybe just maybe grow up ! he use to like to get ruff with his ex wife until she had enough and put him in his place and it was not pretty! he a bully and a wanna be and he could be so much more if he could only get over the "little man syndrome" and the "i do know wrong!"

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Nov 07

Doniphan, MO

#16 Feb 28, 2008
MONEY TALKS wrote:
Golden Rule in DONIPHAN MO. IS Who Has THE Gold They Rule
That's the whole world friend, not just Doniphan. Do you think you and I would get by with some of the crap the Hollywood types pull?
doniphanrefugee

Russellville, AR

#17 Feb 28, 2008
just wondering who you are, i'm from doniphan too, living and wroking in Russellville p.s. i would have to agree with you on greg, i've known him and his family most of my life and the way in which that town works is sinful.....couldn't wait to get out of there
ripley co citizen wrote:
he has been in trouble most all his life , since elementary school! he has the "little man syndrome" and on more than one occassion i have seen him pick and pick at someone until they get mad and want to fight, and depending on how much he has to drink he might ball up on them or play it off like a joke until they are unsuspecting of his "stab you in the back" approach! he has been a spoiled rotten momma's baby all his life, protect to say the least, he and his twin brother are light night and day and always have been. you say four people jumped him? well, i may buy that but what had he done to them before he was jumped??? i love mr. ponder he was wonderful as a teacher however, he feels the need to try and keep greg out of trouble and that's part of the reason greg is always in trouble! he acts like he is still sixteen and probably will not age any further in his brain....sad! hope someday he will learn something from his mistakes and maybe just maybe grow up ! he use to like to get ruff with his ex wife until she had enough and put him in his place and it was not pretty! he a bully and a wanna be and he could be so much more if he could only get over the "little man syndrome" and the "i do know wrong!"
doniphanrefugee

Russellville, AR

#18 Feb 28, 2008
this is hilarious, which i had found an outlet for my hate of that place sooner!
doniphanrefugee

Russellville, AR

#19 Feb 28, 2008
agnes wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Terry Slayton. Terry Slayton is a good person.
are you sure? cuz if he's any relation to alan-then perv is in the blood!

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Nov 07

Doniphan, MO

#20 Feb 28, 2008
doniphanrefugee wrote:
<quoted text> are you sure? cuz if he's any relation to alan-then perv is in the blood!
That's bull. Terry is a gentleman and an asset to the community. I sincerely hope the rest of your family isn't judged unfairly because your're an idiot.
ripley co citizen

Cabot, AR

#21 Feb 29, 2008
doniphanrefugee wrote:
just wondering who you are, i'm from doniphan too, living and wroking in Russellville p.s. i would have to agree with you on greg, i've known him and his family most of my life and the way in which that town works is sinful.....couldn't wait to get out of there <quoted text>
graduated in 1987, rode horses , just an ole country girl.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man jumps into Current River, drowns (Jun '14) Jun '14 damn shame 1
Area Road Closings (Jan '07) Jan '14 Well Digger 2
story of bad cops and corupt officials (Nov '13) Nov '13 justice 6
Exxon says Missouri oil spills from already-rup... (May '13) May '13 Lynn 2
Investigators looking for attempted bank robber... (Dec '12) Dec '12 anna lamert 4
Mountain lion sighting in southeast Missouri is... (Nov '12) Dec '12 yeti 3
rickey woods/nancy woods (Nov '12) Nov '12 curious 2
More from around the web