Lott vote one of several taken by Col...

Lott vote one of several taken by Columbia officials

There are 2 comments on the The State story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Lott vote one of several taken by Columbia officials. In it, The State reports that:

It was over. Columbia officials were going to hire Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott to manage the city's police department in an unprecedented management contract, with an eye toward perhaps consolidating the two agencies altogether.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

just curious

Florence, SC

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Can elected officials be "hired" to perform the same duties for a subordinate entity within his jurisdictional area? Something seems goofy with that concept.
DOJ

West Columbia, SC

#2 Nov 12, 2010
I would not want to go to the media to discuss the issues that are in Leon Lott's "closet".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man spends more than two years in Richland Co. ... (Apr '08) May 19 St8mobbin 11
News Bristol Palin Blames The Victim In The Spring V... (Nov '15) Dec '16 chad hatten chad ... 7
Richland County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Wyatt 2
News Human Remains Found Identified as Man Missing S... (Mar '08) Sep '16 Genny 15
News S.C. police officer slams black student; video ... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Be Truthful Be Free 27
News Richland County Coroner: Man shot woman, then s... (Oct '12) Nov '15 Curious29 3
News Students rally behind officer who flipped stude... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Bubbalou 3
More from around the web