Can you be arrested inside your home ...

Can you be arrested inside your home without a warrant?

Posted in the Rhea County Forum

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2008
I would think that most people would give an astounding YES!!! Yes sir, police need a warrant before they come inside MY home and arrest me, or nose around through my stuff looking for things,. Hey folks, I'm with ya...

Do you realize that it isn't that simple? Did you know that police can in fact come inside your home and arrest you "without" a warrant? They can even "enter" your home without a warrant. Did you know that? Did your local policeman drop off some literature advising you of their new "court" given authority over you? Did they?

Naturally some of these governmental intrusions into your home may be justified for like a fire, hot pursuit, stop someone from killing someone, you know, basically those "emergency" type circumstances. Actually, they call those types of circumstances "exigent".

However, the threshold of your very door may not be as safe as you would think. Remember folks, everyday case law is being established. And just how do we find out that a supreme court, or even a lower court with enough jurisdiction has just taken away or severely abridged your right to...ahh, pick one. You get the message, I hope.

So unless you prescribe to a Law Journal of some sort, then most of us simply are too busy to worry about law because we are good law abiding citizens. Those people Adolph Hitler rounded up was "good law abiding" citizens too, so they say, but look what happened to them. Perhaps had they known what was coming they could have prepared for it. Ya think?

Check out this web page for more... http://tinyurl.com/5pel7v
Painfully_True

Columbus, GA

#2 Dec 4, 2008
Yes. Police do not need a warrant to enter YOUR home and arrest you. Get used to it folks.
TruthUncovered

Dalton, GA

#3 Dec 5, 2008
So be law abiding citizens and not have to worry!
Truth_hurts

Dalton, GA

#4 Jan 5, 2009
Multiple personality disorder (MPD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by having at least one "alter" personality that controls behavior. The "alters" are said to occur spontaneously and involuntarily, and function more or less independently of each other. The unity of consciousness, by which we identify our selves, is said to be absent in MPD. Another symptom of MPD is significant amnesia which can't be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. In 1994, the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV replaced the designation of MPD with DID: dissociative identity disorder. The label may have changed, but the list of symptoms remained essentially the same.

Memory and other aspects of consciousness are said to be divided up among "alters" in the MPD. The number of "alters" identified by various therapists ranges from several to tens to hundreds. There are even some reports of several thousand identities dwelling in one person. There does not seem to be any consensus among therapists as to what an "alter" is. Yet, there is general agreement that the cause of MPD is repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse. The evidence for this claim has been challenged, however, and there are very few reported cases of MPD afflicting children.

Psychologist Nicholas P. Spanos argues that repressed memories of childhood abuse and multiple personality disorder are "rule-governed social constructions established, legitimated, and maintained through social interaction." In short, Spanos argues that most cases of MPD have been created by therapists with the cooperation of their patients and the rest of society. The experts have created both the disease and the cure. This does not mean that MPD does not exist, but that its origin and development are often, if not most often, explicable without the model of separate but permeable ego-states or "alters" arising out of the ashes of a destroyed "original self."
Factchecker

Queens Village, NY

#5 Feb 6, 2012
Police need a warrant to arrest you in your home generally unless its an emergency

see payton v. new york.

Also, even if your law abiding all it takes is a few corrupt cops.
giantsfan

United States

#6 Mar 8, 2012
Its their world we just live in it
lol

Georgetown, TN

#7 Jul 31, 2013
they also by pass those warrants by using the dogs then hit one of those dogs and you will be charged with assault on an officer so if police need a warrant why not the dogs
stacie

Boston, MA

#8 Jun 12, 2014
ever heard of Ryan Furgeson?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhea County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tj everett Apr 22 Happier and better 17
News Incumbent candidates hold fundraising advantage Apr 19 Joey 1
going back Apr 4 PocketWilderness 2
Hot gay/bi guy from Grindr Apr 4 areyoukiddingme423 2
Who knows Apr 3 Mama bear 1
Kenzie Lemons Mar 31 No more than most 2
Toughest guys in town? (Sep '17) Mar 29 2618cpa 8