Rhea animal control is out of control

Sep 18, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald-News

“I look forward to when we can establish a spay and neuter program”

Animal control has gotten out of control in Rhea County, according to Sheriff Mike Neal. via The Herald-News

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2009
nature

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Judged:

i think that if people have animals that they should have them fixed so they can not have any little ones to run loose
Truth_hurts

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

I agree. I will keep you in my prayers.
Truth_hurts

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

Multiple personality disorder (MPD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by having at least one "alter" personality that controls behavior. The "alters" are said to occur spontaneously and involuntarily, and function more or less independently of each other. The unity of consciousness, by which we identify our selves, is said to be absent in MPD. Another symptom of MPD is significant amnesia which can't be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. In 1994, the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV replaced the designation of MPD with DID: dissociative identity disorder. The label may have changed, but the list of symptoms remained essentially the same.

Memory and other aspects of consciousness are said to be divided up among "alters" in the MPD. The number of "alters" identified by various therapists ranges from several to tens to hundreds. There are even some reports of several thousand identities dwelling in one person. There does not seem to be any consensus among therapists as to what an "alter" is. Yet, there is general agreement that the cause of MPD is repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse. The evidence for this claim has been challenged, however, and there are very few reported cases of MPD afflicting children.

Psychologist Nicholas P. Spanos argues that repressed memories of childhood abuse and multiple personality disorder are "rule-governed social constructions established, legitimated, and maintained through social interaction." In short, Spanos argues that most cases of MPD have been created by therapists with the cooperation of their patients and the rest of society. The experts have created both the disease and the cure. This does not mean that MPD does not exist, but that its origin and development are often, if not most often, explicable without the model of separate but permeable ego-states or "alters" arising out of the ashes of a destroyed "original self."
CuriousGeorge

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

What happened to the lady dog catcher for the county? What a nice lady.
sickofitall

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

CuriousGeorge wrote:
What happened to the lady dog catcher for the county? What a nice lady.
Well CuriousMr.D why would you even ask? Give it up because we all know you and your silly White Pine IP. Give it up already!!!! hahaha

I am going to refuse to read anything else you post because it is so much more peaceful here when you are not here stirring up your crap!!!!
lurker

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Mrs. Marla broke her ankle or leg or something. She is a nice lady.
lurker

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

nature wrote:
i think that if people have animals that they should have them fixed so they can not have any little ones to run loose
So those people who own the animals for the express purpose of breeding them should have them fixed? How well will that work?
lurker

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Truth_hurts wrote:
Multiple personality disorder (MPD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by having at least one "alter" personality that controls behavior. The "alters" are said to occur spontaneously and involuntarily, and function more or less independently of each other. The unity of consciousness, by which we identify our selves, is said to be absent in MPD. Another symptom of MPD is significant amnesia which can't be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. In 1994, the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV replaced the designation of MPD with DID: dissociative identity disorder. The label may have changed, but the list of symptoms remained essentially the same.
Memory and other aspects of consciousness are said to be divided up among "alters" in the MPD. The number of "alters" identified by various therapists ranges from several to tens to hundreds. There are even some reports of several thousand identities dwelling in one person. There does not seem to be any consensus among therapists as to what an "alter" is. Yet, there is general agreement that the cause of MPD is repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse. The evidence for this claim has been challenged, however, and there are very few reported cases of MPD afflicting children.
Psychologist Nicholas P. Spanos argues that repressed memories of childhood abuse and multiple personality disorder are "rule-governed social constructions established, legitimated, and maintained through social interaction." In short, Spanos argues that most cases of MPD have been created by therapists with the cooperation of their patients and the rest of society. The experts have created both the disease and the cure. This does not mean that MPD does not exist, but that its origin and development are often, if not most often, explicable without the model of separate but permeable ego-states or "alters" arising out of the ashes of a destroyed "original self."
Not sure what quoting from a textbook accomplishes, especially when it is completely irrevelant to the topic...
WHOCARES

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

WHO CARES
Duhh

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

If someones animal comes on your land and tries attacking you or your own animals you have the right to shoot and kill that animal.
Hound dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

I hear Miss Marla ran off with her little trustee. Seems her and her trustee weren't as trustworthy as her trusting husband and employer thought.
unreal

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Duhh wrote:
If someones animal comes on your land and tries attacking you or your own animals you have the right to shoot and kill that animal.
That same thing applies to a human doesn't it? lol

“Do Your Duty or Step Aside”

Since: May 09

Dayton, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

There needs to be an Animal Control Officer that would not only do the job they are paid to do. But would begin to start informing people about a spay or neuter program for dogs and cats in the county. The dog and cat population is out of control, and there needs to be something done about it. Most people are unaware that there is a program that will spay or neuter dogs or cats for around $50 dollars. The caveat is that the animal has a rabies shot, if not it is only like 10-12 dollars for the rabies shot on top of the spay or neuter fee.
There needs to be a leash law enacted that would force owners of animals to have them on a leash or inside a fenced in area. As a dog owner my dogs are properly vaccinated, and are on leashs when they are outside. However, I have to contend with people who don't properly care for their dogs by allowing them to roam all over Rhea County.
It is not right for the people who take proper care of their animals to have to worry about dogs that are running around loose, with no collar and no tags. Who have probably not been vaccinated against rabies and other diseases that can spread from dog to dog, or cat to cat.
If people would take the time and expense to properly take care of their pets, there would be a huge decline in the number of homeless dogs and cats running around the county.
told_u_so

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Did she brake that ankle slipping off Mold_er Jess is ah forgving soul
Top Story

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Hound dog wrote:
I hear Miss Marla ran off with her little trustee. Seems her and her trustee weren't as trustworthy as her trusting husband and employer thought.

True!!

Dayton, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

I understand what people mean about the animal control being out of control, there needs to be a leash law in this county. Either they put a leash on their dog or it goes to the Humane Society and they pay a fine to get it back.
It is not right to the people who keep their dogs on a leash to have the neighbors allow their dogs to run wild and mess in the neighbor's yard and not clean it up. If you are going to own a pet you need to be responsible or give the pet to someone who will.
People also need to understand that there is a way to help control the dog and cat population of Rhea County, there is a program that will spay or neuter dogs and cats for $40-50 dollars.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

A county wide leash law may be hard to enforce. Imagine a dog catcher trying to chase down a dog. I'd look at it as a plus if we had a dog catcher in Dayton city. Next time you're around the Bi-Lo area and around the 60/27 intersection frolm there up to almost McDonalds, you will see a little white terrier dog that has been in that area both at day and at night. It is a wonder it hasn't gotten killed by a car. My question is, where is the dog catcher? Is he just another guy who wants the money but not want to apply the effort for his tax paid paycheck?
Dog person

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

Devilman wrote:
A county wide leash law may be hard to enforce. Imagine a dog catcher trying to chase down a dog. I'd look at it as a plus if we had a dog catcher in Dayton city. Next time you're around the Bi-Lo area and around the 60/27 intersection frolm there up to almost McDonalds, you will see a little white terrier dog that has been in that area both at day and at night. It is a wonder it hasn't gotten killed by a car. My question is, where is the dog catcher? Is he just another guy who wants the money but not want to apply the effort for his tax paid paycheck?
Richard has been on the payroll for about seventeen years. He's at alot of police calls and not doing has calls. We need a NEW dog catcher.

Dayton, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

This whole county needs to be turned upside down, we need to stand up and let the officials know that we are tired of the status quo and there is going to be change.
Why should a person receive a paycheck if he is not doing the job he is paid to do.
The officials be damned, if they let this go on they need to go as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rhea County Discussions

Search the Rhea County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new judge Jul 18 superdog 3
woman done wrong / City Cops / Chris Sneed / D... Jul 2 Big Dog 3
LJS hotties Jun 30 Wtf 2
Can you be arrested inside your home without a ... (Dec '08) Jun '14 stacie 8
Child Support (Jun '08) Jun '14 aggravated father 15
micheal minton May '14 worst enemy 1
Rhea County Music Thread (Oct '13) May '14 Musikologist 4
•••
•••