Animal Abuse Charges Sought In Death ...

Animal Abuse Charges Sought In Death Of Three Horses

There are 26 comments on the MyFox St. Louis story from Aug 16, 2009, titled Animal Abuse Charges Sought In Death Of Three Horses. In it, MyFox St. Louis reports that:

Authorities are seeking animal abuse charges in the deaths of three horses being hauled to a livestock auction in Farmington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFox St. Louis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
random girl

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 17, 2009
i know kenny very well he would have never hurt them horses. this is such a bullshit charge!!!!!
poor guy

Ellington, MO

#2 Aug 17, 2009
From what i hear he was hired to haul them to the sale barn. They were in poor condition when he loaded them up and they died along they way.
Curious

United States

#3 Aug 18, 2009
Why would it say Animal Abuse Charges Sought in Death of Three Horses against Ellington man,why didn't it say against THE OWNER also,when it says the man was ordered to load the horses by THE OWNER,and why didn't THE OWNER ride with or follow the man to the sale just in case an issue arose,did THE OWNER know nothing about horses or did they just not care.Does THE OWNER have more horses,I sure hope not.Seems like we always find it easy to put the blame on one person,when really it sounds as if there was more than one at fault.WHAT ABOUT THE OWNER
was wondering

United States

#4 Aug 18, 2009
was it someone we knew?
yup

Ellington, MO

#5 Aug 18, 2009
Curious wrote:
Why would it say Animal Abuse Charges Sought in Death of Three Horses against Ellington man,why didn't it say against THE OWNER also,when it says the man was ordered to load the horses by THE OWNER,and why didn't THE OWNER ride with or follow the man to the sale just in case an issue arose,did THE OWNER know nothing about horses or did they just not care.Does THE OWNER have more horses,I sure hope not.Seems like we always find it easy to put the blame on one person,when really it sounds as if there was more than one at fault.WHAT ABOUT THE OWNER
I don't think that Kenny will tell them who the owner is, but not sure.
Curious

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2009
They had the horse papers they know who she is.
wtfe

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Aug 19, 2009
actually the update on the news site is the charges were dropped on the hauler but they are looking into charges for the owner...they also said that the horses were valuable before the incident..it doesnt give names as to who was involved....
UMM

Ellington, MO

#8 Aug 19, 2009
The horses was in great shape before they were hauled they put 4 stud horses and 2 mares in a 4 horse trailer and one of the mares was in season. the studs were fighting over the mare in the trailer thats how the horses were injured and then died. One horse died on the way there and 2 more died at the sale due to shock by the water hose that the sale barn owners had sprayed them with. There was an article in last weeks paper on the back page. The owner was Cindy Callaway from what I heard.
i heard

Troy, MO

#9 Aug 20, 2009
UMM wrote:
The horses was in great shape before they were hauled they put 4 stud horses and 2 mares in a 4 horse trailer and one of the mares was in season. the studs were fighting over the mare in the trailer thats how the horses were injured and then died. One horse died on the way there and 2 more died at the sale due to shock by the water hose that the sale barn owners had sprayed them with. There was an article in last weeks paper on the back page. The owner was Cindy Callaway from what I heard.
I Heard Jimmy Hasty
the truth

Ellington, MO

#10 Aug 20, 2009
yep i heard they arrested jim hasty..and he deserves it..i have also heard storys about a donkey he had and he just went out and shot it in the head for no reason....also i heard that there was a horse that he shot and then drug off with truck for reasons of just being drunk and stupid. Then in this situation i heard he ran the horses with a four wheeler tring to get them onto the trailor. That he injured them before they were on the trailor.All i can say is peice of shit.
hah

Ellington, MO

#11 Aug 21, 2009
you know what " the truth" you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Jimmy is a good and nice guy! none of these things you said he did sounds like anything he would do! So you need to get your facts straight before you get on here and start accusing people of doing things that you really have no idea if they really did!
Bruiser

Ellington, MO

#12 Aug 24, 2009
how bout you all just shut the hell up about THE OWNER, its not their fault that they had shitty hired help.
breakingitdown4y all

Ellington, MO

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Okay I am wondering does anyone on here know anything about horses there was a MARE (female breeder) in season (ready to breed) and 4 stud horses (Male breeder) in the same trailer the studs will fight for the mare so once again the horses was in good shape before they got in the trailer. So the owner had nothing to do with the condition of the horses when they got to the sale.. and the hauler apparently did not know the mare was in season.
the truth

Ellington, MO

#14 Sep 1, 2009
Bruiser wrote:
how bout you all just shut the hell up about THE OWNER, its not their fault that they had shitty hired help.
It was her man though. He has done other stuff previous to this to animals. Everyone can say what they want but i think its all true about him hurting them before they got on the trailor
really

O Fallon, MO

#15 Sep 1, 2009
In regards to the abused animals. Cindy Callaway and Jimmy Hasty should resign from the fair board and offices. As there is alot of animals brought to the fair. If they are going to do this kind of thing to their animals. how would the conditions be for the animals that are brought to the fair.
the truth

Ellington, MO

#16 Sep 2, 2009
really wrote:
In regards to the abused animals. Cindy Callaway and Jimmy Hasty should resign from the fair board and offices. As there is alot of animals brought to the fair. If they are going to do this kind of thing to their animals. how would the conditions be for the animals that are brought to the fair.
I completley agree
random girl

Troy, MO

#17 Sep 2, 2009
really wrote:
In regards to the abused animals. Cindy Callaway and Jimmy Hasty should resign from the fair board and offices. As there is alot of animals brought to the fair. If they are going to do this kind of thing to their animals. how would the conditions be for the animals that are brought to the fair.
i disagree they did nothing wrong
country boy justice

Westcliffe, CO

#18 Sep 3, 2009
really wrote:
In regards to the abused animals. Cindy Callaway and Jimmy Hasty should resign from the fair board and offices. As there is alot of animals brought to the fair. If they are going to do this kind of thing to their animals. how would the conditions be for the animals that are brought to the fair.
I agree with that. That looks really bad!!!!!!!
country boy justice

Westcliffe, CO

#19 Sep 3, 2009
Bruiser wrote:
how bout you all just shut the hell up about THE OWNER, its not their fault that they had shitty hired help.
BULL SH*T are you stupid or what!!!!!!!!!!
someone

Watertown, MN

#20 Sep 27, 2009
Wow, common sense tells you not to put mares in with studs especially this time of year when they are usually breeding for late spring or summer births

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reynolds County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accident at Doe Run Brushy Creek Division Nov. ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Patricia Botkin 1
mayor (Aug '13) Aug '13 cityslicker 1
News Young boys die in Southwest Missouri house fire (Jun '13) Jun '13 sooooo 1
Hikers (Jan '13) Jan '13 want toknow 2
News A Sikeston man gets 50-years for rape and sodomy (May '10) Jul '10 jst so u kno 4
Collection of Court Costs (Jun '10) Jun '10 Concerned Citizen 1
News Fishing season opens with 25th annual Fish Advi... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Just passing thru 2
More from around the web