Change name of Reservoir as sign of state's 'healing'

Jun 5, 2007 Full story: The Clarion-Ledger 15

As a middle-aged, lifelong resident of Jackson, I agree wholeheartedly with 23-year-old 'young Jacksonian' Kiger Sigh that it is high time to rename the Ross Barnett Reservoir so as to stop honoring one of ... via The Clarion-Ledger

Full Story
marion

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 5, 2007
Until the day when you can change the name of injustice and the Civil War,WWI,WWII, and all the rest, then why do you want to change a name?? The name will not change history. Why not correct the errors made by the ones with the names,throughout our history? After all, "A rose is a rose,by any other name."
Tony

Water Valley, MS

#2 Jun 18, 2007
marion wrote:
Until the day when you can change the name of injustice and the Civil War,WWI,WWII, and all the rest, then why do you want to change a name?? The name will not change history. Why not correct the errors made by the ones with the names,throughout our history? After all, "A rose is a rose,by any other name."
Surely you're not that dense. The name honors the man it's named after - a man that Mississippi should be ashamed of, not honoring. I'm a white guy and I even live at the Reservoir, but why the person who symbolized racism in Mississippi in the '60's would be honored with anything named after him is beyond comprehension.
losers

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Jun 18, 2007
black mississippians arent going to be happy until the whole damned state is named after them. no one owes them anything. no one alive today owned a slave or was a slave so get over it and move on.
Bush Supporter

Meridian, MS

#4 Jun 18, 2007
losers wrote:
black mississippians arent going to be happy until the whole damned state is named after them. no one owes them anything. no one alive today owned a slave or was a slave so get over it and move on.
This is the reason why the USA is the greatest place in the world because we still have A JACK A$$ LIKE YOU STILL AROUND!!!!
dont stop

Brandon, MS

#5 Jun 19, 2007
I hear you. Why sto there .Lets change the name of Jackson to CRACK TOWN wile we are at it.
Y STOP

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2007
dont stop wrote:
I hear you. Why sto there .Lets change the name of Jackson to CRACK TOWN wile we are at it.
Brandon is no better just a bunch of people who think they are better than every one else. Brandon People suck big *****!!!!
red

United States

#7 Jun 20, 2007
why not change the name. why reward people for evil. reward people for good .martin luther king , malcom x, strokley carmicheal ,people who fight for justice blk or white ; have died for justice and i find thi a form of justice, by denoucing his name,because young and old ,ome did not know what this man stood for now that tis topic is at hand,the truth is out. never, ever say get over it , because th battle goes on. "let the truth be known"
SICK AND TIRED

Walnut, MS

#8 Sep 14, 2007
I think this is one big joke..If your wondering why mississippi and the city of Jackson are so pittyful its not Ross Barnett or some of the other whites that were around back then and its not the minority people either so you do the math!!!
OpinionMan

Pearl, MS

#9 Sep 16, 2007
If we rename the reservoir lets call Jackson "CRACK TOWN"... LOL that was a great post earlier. So true. This state is so fu__ed up it's crazy.

Since: May 07

Houston TX

#10 Sep 19, 2007
Hey! I have an idea,lets name it Pancho Villa Lake and maybe we can attract some more wetbacks to the area and maybe just maybe they can take the jobs from blacks and then the blacks can bitch about that name.On and on and on we go.What can you do to make this a better area to live in? You need to worry about the CRIME.

Since: May 07

Houston TX

#11 Sep 19, 2007
red wrote:
why not change the name. why reward people for evil. reward people for good .martin luther king , malcom x, strokley carmicheal ,people who fight for justice blk or white ; have died for justice and i find thi a form of justice, by denoucing his name,because young and old ,ome did not know what this man stood for now that tis topic is at hand,the truth is out. never, ever say get over it , because th battle goes on. "let the truth be known"
Hey Red you sure mentioned some fine upright people there son.What truth do you want to be known?That those folks you mentioned were as bad as the Klan?
Give me a break

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2007
Blacks killed more blacks TODAY than all the Klansmen in history together.If you check the crime stats you will see that negroes pose a far greater risk to the safety and security of decent American citizens than Bin Laden or the so called Islamic terrorist. Read the book, " The Color Of Crime" by the Australian reporter, Neil Sheehan. I think it will open your eyes.
DA MAN

United States

#13 Oct 19, 2007
red wrote:
why not change the name. why reward people for evil. reward people for good .martin luther king , malcom x, strokley carmicheal ,people who fight for justice blk or white ; have died for justice and i find thi a form of justice, by denoucing his name,because young and old ,ome did not know what this man stood for now that tis topic is at hand,the truth is out. never, ever say get over it , because th battle goes on. "let the truth be known"
I think that you are missing some KEYS on your keyboard as well as missing some CELLS in you skull!!!

Get a grip folks...Jack town is just that THEY WILL JACK YOU BEFORE AND AFTER SUNSET!!!

“LSU win BCS!”

Since: May 07

Brandon MS

#14 Feb 2, 2008
Name it Da Bobby Seals MFing swim hole!

“"Made In America" ”

Since: Jan 08

32*10*03.21 N / 90*10*33.69 W

#15 Feb 5, 2008
Welcome to Jafrica , and dont forget to stop in and shop at the getro-center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rankin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crooked ex-law officials (Apr '10) Jun '14 John 15
Bassfield officials indicted in surplus propert... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Jhonny k 16
Mississippi Creates Public Record of Gay Couple... (Mar '14) Mar '14 The Rogue 2
More (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wes 1
Hattiesburg, OGHS students head back to classes (Feb '13) Feb '14 Sportsman101 2
Four arrested, contraband seized outside Rankin... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Margaret christman 1
Rains bring at least 3 tornadoes to Mississippi... (Sep '13) Nov '13 Human 4

Rankin County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE