Deputy facing felony charge

Deputy facing felony charge

There are 29 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Aug 21, 2009, titled Deputy facing felony charge. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

A veteran Rankin County sheriff's deputy is off the force and facing a felony charge of falsifying his timesheets, Sheriff Ronnie Pennington said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Ashland, AL

#21 Nov 23, 2009
You know, I have always believed that cops were our heroes. They were the ones who protected us against harm. If there were no one else, the police would always be there to fight the injustices of this world. I have learned much in one year, that heroes are only human. In my situation I guess I EXPECTED too much. I EXPECTED these same heroes/officers to conduct a proper investigation, to talk to me personally more than once, and to take proper action against another officer if it were found that the officer was negligent or reckless in any way. I guess I asked too much.

Since: Nov 09

Pearl, MS

#22 Nov 23, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Seems we are the only ones to believe in the word Cover-Up! Well, I actually did not expect him to say much. For, what can you say to a mother who is picking up her dead sons personal belongings, or what was left; all packed away nicely in a brown paper bag. I was also given a brown bag which had bloody sheets & other disturbing medical equipment inside. I can remember the day as if it were yesterday...the day before Thanksgiving 08'.
i am so terribly sorry for your loss i know words dont't help i wish i could take your pain away at least we still have scott walters in our life but our lives have been turned upset side down and destroyed because of false statements and the all mighty i would suppose wanting to make him an example in the force when all of the under minding corrupt actions do come out we will have our day we will never give up until the entire county and state are aware of the way things have gone on in our case since before and even now they will have to answer for serveral years of breaking the law themselves just were not caught and thinking people we stupid enough to let it slide again my heart goes out to you. GOD BLESS i am starting a group of victims of rankin and if you want to share your story please let me know we need to ban together to STOP this and we need stop do it now.
Concerned

Ashland, AL

#23 Nov 24, 2009
Thank you for your words! I would be happy to share my son's story and attend the group. Please let me know when & where. I will try my best to be there although I do not live near Rankin Co.
i do believe

Brandon, MS

#24 Dec 22, 2009
I believe Scott may not have falsified his time sheet but was quilty of other offenses. sherriff pennington just didnt realize what was going on. Scott told me personally that he seized a certain amount of money from a big rig peterbuilt. when the report hit the news it had reduced several thousands of dollars. Scott was a great guy. I liked him alot and i think it was bullshit they charged him but as far as corrupt oficers go, theyre out there.
watch dog

Pearl, MS

#25 Dec 23, 2009
i do believe wrote:
I believe Scott may not have falsified his time sheet but was quilty of other offenses. sherriff pennington just didnt realize what was going on. Scott told me personally that he seized a certain amount of money from a big rig peterbuilt. when the report hit the news it had reduced several thousands of dollars. Scott was a great guy. I liked him alot and i think it was bullshit they charged him but as far as corrupt oficers go, theyre out there.
(reply) scott did not falsify any paper work he ever turned in in almost 18 years i could and would stake my life on it and as far as the great pennington his wrong doings have yet to be made public anything going on in that dept he was and is aware of all and has his hand in and knowledge of things he just don't think he and some more will be exposed the whole entire truth is yet to come. walters has been done terribly wrong and a wrong will be made right in time. the ones you may think are lilly white or as dirty as a pig pen. and as far as citizens continuing to make false statements that they can not prove just remember what you say today you may have to answer for tomorrow. Happy Holidays and God Bless.
watch dog

Pearl, MS

#26 Dec 23, 2009
WAITING to hear back from i do believe hope to hear from you again reguarding walters.
SEEKING JUSTICE IN RC

Ridgeland, MS

#27 Jul 7, 2011
Bustyblue
I would like information on your group of victims of Rankin Co. I am a witness to an aggravated assault that all law enforcement all the way from the PD to the Judges in Rankin Co. refuse to acknowledge. There is a man who was the victim of a felony aggravated assault then made a victim for the second time by the PD & the Rankin Co. Justice System. Rankin Co. Justice System made me their victim by refusing to acknowledge the worse thing I could ever have dreamed of witnessing which was also a felony crime.
EYE KNOW THE TRUTH

Brandon, MS

#28 Sep 16, 2011
I wonder how a sitting "Sheriff" can purchase land from an INMATE, of which is in his custody ? And not even come close to "FAIR MARKET PRICE" for said land. And then "FORCE HIS DEPUTIES" to build his barn/living quarters on said property,giving them COMP DAYS for said work. HUM, who is the real criminal.IT is a FELONY TO LIE TO THE FBI when they are conducting an investigation, just something the deputies might want to remember,(MANDTORY 5 YEARS FOR LIEING TO FBI)not worth for a dirty SHERIFF. Oh by the way, before anyone tries to change "LEGAL DOCUMENTS", land records, inmate records, copies are already secure. Good Luck to all involved.
EYE KNOW THE TRUTH

Brandon, MS

#29 Oct 26, 2011
Hey Sheriff Pennington, have you purchased anything else from any of your inmates ? Just saying .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rankin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guest qualifies to run for district attorney (May '07) Mar '15 Daniel H 14
crooked ex-law officials (Apr '10) Jun '14 John 15
News Bassfield officials indicted in surplus propert... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Jhonny k 16
News Mississippi Creates Public Record of Gay Couple... (Mar '14) Mar '14 The Rogue 2
News More (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wes 1
News Hattiesburg, OGHS students head back to classes (Feb '13) Feb '14 Sportsman101 2
News Four arrested, contraband seized outside Rankin... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Margaret christman 1
More from around the web