State Tries to Help Farmers Fight Deer

State Tries to Help Farmers Fight Deer

There are 7 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Mar 12, 2010, titled State Tries to Help Farmers Fight Deer. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Deer ate and damaged $19 million worth of North Carolina soybean crops last year, according to the North Carolina Department of Agriculture.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

roger mccarley

Coats, NC

#1 Mar 12, 2010
I searched the above county for a lease yearly or seasonal using rifle,shotgun and black powder for deer hunting and no matches were found.
hunter

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2010
it would help to shoot and kill them , not shoot at them.
toby wingler

Mocksville, NC

#3 Mar 12, 2010
hello nathon i would love to help with the deer population. i need a contact # or you can reach me at [email protected] i have kids that love to hunt and eat deer, we will kill as many as you wish.
deerboy

Raleigh, NC

#4 Mar 13, 2010
I would love to contact Mr. Johnson to help him with his deer problem. How can I contact him or his neighbor to offer help. I tried the website Hunt NC Farmland and no leases came up. My email address to reach me is [email protected]
Bobby

Greenville, SC

#5 Mar 13, 2010
I would like to hunt your farmland. I hunt for meat not for trophy.I would love to help contact me at [email protected],and let me know how to contact you. Thanks
opec

Lowgap, NC

#6 Mar 13, 2010
Let the farmer do his own fight; 30.06!
nowhere to hunt

Marble, NC

#7 May 2, 2012
I leased 90 acres in Randolph County late last year, 2011, and found after being there for a few days that I had been snookered. The land I leased through some guy was sold before I ever got to hunt then I find on first day of muzzle load 8 deer (whole)piled up on the side of the road. Then I learn about the farmers and their permits to kill and not harvest deer. Disgusted is putting it nicely. Then the new owner came in and clear cut the land. Land was heavy oak and now planted with pines. Be careful who you deal with. The man I dealt with was misleading from day one to last day. Now me and grandkids have nowhere to hunt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randolph County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whole Foods Background Check Nov 11 Amy 2
Justice for Jesse Maness (Sep '13) Feb '15 Betty Moon 92
News Former Principal Charged with Not Reporting All... (Sep '10) Sep '14 Help Us 56
house 4 rent? (Jul '14) Jul '14 girly 1
News Suspects Wanted in Theft Ring Arrested in New M... (Feb '10) Jul '14 Annoyed amous 102
News Man Charged With Impersonating An Officer On I-85 (Apr '13) Apr '13 RCI 2
Are we paying our Police Officers enough? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Efraim Shultz 1
More from around the web