Suspected swine flu cases in Amarillo

Suspected swine flu cases in Amarillo

There are 16 comments on the KVII-TV Amarillo story from Apr 30, 2009, titled Suspected swine flu cases in Amarillo. In it, KVII-TV Amarillo reports that:

The City of Amarillo held a press conference Wednesday evening and saidA there are three suspected pediatric cases in Potter and Randall counties in the Texas Panhandle.A We want to stress that these cases are not probable or confirmed yet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVII-TV Amarillo.

KAREN CERVANTES

United States

#1 May 2, 2009
you know all you people need to think before you start writing
why are you blaming the mexicans for it ??
yeah it started at mexico but it had to come from somewhere..
theses cases here in amarillo are not even official
theres just rumors...
yeah some people are getting sick, but think about it the climate is changing, and once people get sick they think they have the swine flu..
just put some common sence to your thoughts please !!
Karen is dumb

Truckee, CA

#2 May 2, 2009
"yeah it started at mexico but it had to come from somewhere.."

You're right, it did.... Mexico. Dumbass.
San Antonio, TX

#3 May 3, 2009
Who knows where it started. Since Americans are always sticking their noses all over the world, it could have started with an American visiting Mexico and infected everyone up there. Probably and just maybe,someone very close to pigs, like from the amarillo area.
Since most hate Mexicans so much, maybe it's Karma!!!
Karma is dumb

Truckee, CA

#4 May 3, 2009
"Who knows where it started."

I do. Mexico.
Karen is clueless

Midland, TX

#5 May 3, 2009
The climate changing has nothing to do with getting sick. You have to be exposed to a microbe (I know - big word for you) to get sick.
Put some capitalization into your writing.
Logan Pluhar

Canyon, TX

#6 May 3, 2009
Really? Seriously, no one thinks that Swine Flu is caused by Mexicans alone. Mexico has slightly worse living environment in some places than in most of America. Therefore, health problems develop, and an epidemic could start. It's not because of 'dirty mexicans' or any of that Bull. I'm not even Mexican, and I understand this. Mexico is a great vacationing spot and people go there. Don't you people understand how viruses spread? I'm a teenager and this is simple math to me. Calm down everyone! The people who died in Mexico (God Bless them) probably had no idea what they had or they didn't have proper healthcare. Shit happens, simple as that. Worrying doesn't prevent this stuff from happening.
Logan Pluhar

Canyon, TX

#7 May 3, 2009
By the way, Karma, not being rude or anything, Swine Flu is spread Human to Human by the air. It's really called H1N1 due to recent science studies on it. CALM DOWN PEOPLE!
Paty

Amarillo, TX

#8 May 4, 2009
You just hear about it in Mexico more because sad to say, they have a poor health care system and people prefer to treat themselves before going to the doctor. These are the reasons for the H1N1 flu spreading and there being so many more confirmed cases and deaths. It is still undecided as to where it started.
concerned

Greenville, NC

#9 May 12, 2009
from a pig
hannah

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 8, 2009
it did not come frumm the maexicans you stupids
Dr Amous

Amarillo, TX

#11 Oct 9, 2009
H1N1
Was started from a species of pigs.
Swiney

Laredo, TX

#12 Oct 10, 2009
Pigs from the Panhandle,yeah!
By the way Karen, don't try to reason with Amarillo. I don't know if you have ever been to Texas, but Amarillo is the racist city in Tejas. They hate Mexicans and Mexican Americans. You might as well be talking to a dirty white wall.
Logan Pluhar has one smart explanation.
bjreed

Arlington, TX

#13 Oct 10, 2009
This flu virus did not originate in Mexico. Perhaps Mexicans did spread it across the border at one time. However, it is now in every single state in the U.S. Things to avoid: crowded spaces, such as malls; enclosed spaces such as airplane spaces; physicians' offices. Sick people are in all these places. Just use common sense, and we shall all get through this problem. Again, just just common sense. And please, please wash your hands again and again. My hands are so dry now from constant washing that I doubt I will ever find a boyfriend to hold my hand again! Let us all just be calm, use good sense, and try to contain it as best we can.

My grandson has had the swine flu since Wednesday. He was diagnosed on Thursday and thankfully, was eligible for the Tamiflu, because his mother is extreme asthmatic. Today, Saturday, he has responded well.

We can get through this. Let's just use our brains.
LVW

Weatherford, OK

#14 Oct 11, 2009
Swiney wrote:
By the way Karen, don't try to reason with Amarillo. I don't know if you have ever been to Texas, but Amarillo is the racist city in Tejas. They hate Mexicans and Mexican Americans. You might as well be talking to a dirty white wall.
When were you in Amarillo.? I don't think we hate Mexican's. Everone is entitiled to their own thoughts. We have a lot and I mean a lot of Mexican's in Amarillo, some legal and a lot of illegals. The swine flue may have come from Mexico, then again it may have not. I suggest everone just try to avoid taking the flu and take care of your self if you are sick, and stay home until you are well. I really don't like to be called a racist just beacuse I don't agree with you. What ever you are. You don't live here so I don't think you have the right to pass judgment on the city as a whole.
Sassy

Kirksville, MO

#15 Oct 12, 2009
amen LVW
Little Lord

Amarillo, TX

#16 Oct 13, 2009
Swiney wrote:
You sound like a racist maxican. Are you legal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randall County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APD Officer, Randall County Deputy Recognized f... Sep '17 BRolland 1
News Daniel Ores Pulver Appellant v. the State of Te... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Kathy 1
News Argument Turns Deadly (Jan '15) Jan '15 Logical 1
News Editorial: Wait for justice (Apr '14) Jun '14 Frank Pharts 3
News Judgement against ex-lawyer David Duncan overtu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 carols 1
News Amarillo men charged in counterfeiting scheme (Oct '13) Oct '13 Christy 1
News Police: Man arrested with Taser probes stuck in... (May '12) May '12 BRMOMMA2 1
More from around the web