Man arrested for shooting wife

Man arrested for shooting wife

There are 20 comments on the Amarillo.com story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Man arrested for shooting wife. In it, Amarillo.com reports that:

A 26-year-old man was arrested by Amarillo police early this morning for allegedly shooting and killing his wife in the 6100 block of Hatfield Circle, which is behind Amarillo High School just off Bell Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amarillo.com.

“I'm not your friend, buddy.”

Since: Apr 08

Amarillo, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2008
Holy crap. A murder that didn't happen on the East side.
Sarcasm Hurts

Amarillo, TX

#2 Sep 12, 2008
She should have just given him the damn remote...
j/k, of course.

What a shame....my thoughts and prayers are with both families.
Sad

Amarillo, TX

#3 Sep 12, 2008
We know and love Amy. She was a spunky, vibrant person. This is devestating, she will be missed.
Oh No

Amarillo, TX

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I knew them!!!
I'm so shocked!!!
Anyone know why he snapped?
shane bedd

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2008
East side mexican drug lors sounds familiar now that they are prison have girlfriends who worl in banks doinf there dealing for them
Snake

United States

#6 Sep 12, 2008
What's this got to do with anything Mexican. i suppose Jeff Yager was not an illegal alien.
Your fangs of discrimination keep showing,You
SNAKE!!!!
Peanutbutterandj elly

United States

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Snapping into committing crimes comes in all social classes and in any part of town.
rwarton

Austin, TX

#8 Sep 12, 2008
I'm guessing she was shot because of sleeping around on him. If that is the case, things like this happen far to often! Plus, he may even get off pretty easy if she is found to have been commenting adultery.
shane bedd

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2008
"Is the east side dealing some drugs up in here, Hell Yeah."
Sad 2

Saint George, UT

#10 Sep 13, 2008
Sad wrote:
We know and love Amy. She was a spunky, vibrant person. This is devestating, she will be missed.
You were so lucky to have known Amy.
I only wish I could have.
My heart is sick with grief for the loss of her life too soon. Please contact me, as I would sincerely like to know more about Amy.
An Old Friend

Raleigh, NC

#11 Sep 13, 2008
Spunky and vibrant are perfect descriptions of Amy. She was enthusiastic about life and exciting to be around. I have been both saddened and shocked to learn of her death.

In addition, I have no respect for those who have chosen to make random accusations and jokes regarding this incident. Would you be so cold if this tragedy had happened within your family?
Like A Sister

Gloucester, VA

#12 Sep 14, 2008
An Old Friend wrote:
Spunky and vibrant are perfect descriptions of Amy. She was enthusiastic about life and exciting to be around. I have been both saddened and shocked to learn of her death.
In addition, I have no respect for those who have chosen to make random accusations and jokes regarding this incident. Would you be so cold if this tragedy had happened within your family?
My feelings exactly. Amy and I worked together before she moved to Texas. She was an amazing young woman, and mature beyond her years. She will always hold a special place in my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
crazy

United States

#13 Sep 14, 2008
I believe I will walk into ft lauderdale bank fill out a deposit slip saying I am going to rob the place
redrum

United States

#14 Sep 14, 2008
redrum
Closer than my brother

AOL

#15 Sep 14, 2008
David has been my best-friend since I was 3. I can't believe this has happened. I am heartbroken! My prayers are with Amy's family and also with David. Something went terribly wrong for this to happen. And now his life is over, too. Me as well as others have lost two great friends in this horrible incident. I send my greatest sympathy and deepest prayers to all family and friends!
VAFriend

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2008
Amy served with the US Navy for 3 yrs as a petty officer pursuing a career as an EOD diver and underwater welder, until a hip injury resulted in her Honorable medical discharge. She practiced and enjoyed many qualities of the Buddhist faith.

Amy is survived by her father and stepmother, Karl and Laurie Partner; brothers and sisters, Jason Partner, Seth Partner, Sam Partner, Tess Partner, Ashley Herndon and Matthew Herndon. She has one nephew, William Taylor Partner. Her two surviving grandmothers are Mrs. Beth Partner and Mrs. Dorothy Stephens.

Amy was a beautiful person. My heart goes out to family and friends.
VAFriend

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2008
Closer than my brother wrote:
David has been my best-friend since I was 3. I can't believe this has happened. I am heartbroken! My prayers are with Amy's family and also with David. Something went terribly wrong for this to happen. And now his life is over, too. Me as well as others have lost two great friends in this horrible incident. I send my greatest sympathy and deepest prayers to all family and friends!
He was drunk.....enough said.
ThouShallNotKill

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2008
The only thing that matters is that he killed her and now he'll have to face the music.
Those that don't, eventually end up in their own prison,somehow.
bjr from Texas

United States

#19 Sep 25, 2008
VA Friend: I once lived in Amarillo and am quite interested in this tragic story for several reasons. One is that I also attended Amarillo College as an adult and probably had many of the same experiences as the deceased did. As adults, we seem to fit into different categories.

I want to know what really happened here, if you know. It is truly a sad story and seems that it could have been prevented with some good counselling.(No, I am not a counsellor.)

Since: Nov 07

Amarillo, TX

#20 Sep 26, 2008
from the outside looking in....it would have seemed that they had it ALL going for them. I guess its just a reminder that you never really know someone. i hope he gets the help he needs and i hope her family finds the peace they need to move on.....as for Amy--meet you on the other side girl!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randall County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APD Officer, Randall County Deputy Recognized f... Sep 15 BRolland 1
News Daniel Ores Pulver Appellant v. the State of Te... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Kathy 1
News Argument Turns Deadly (Jan '15) Jan '15 Logical 1
News Editorial: Wait for justice (Apr '14) Jun '14 Frank Pharts 3
News Judgement against ex-lawyer David Duncan overtu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 carols 1
News Amarillo men charged in counterfeiting scheme (Oct '13) Oct '13 Christy 1
News Police: Man arrested with Taser probes stuck in... (May '12) May '12 BRMOMMA2 1
More from around the web