Double Murder In Raleigh County

Nov 23, 2011 Full story: West Virginia Metro 86

Sheriff Steve Tanner says the shootings took place at a house on Mill Creek Road near the Raleigh-Fayette county line.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2011
How sad. For the families that suffered a loss last night my heart goes out to you. For the one that pulled the trigger and took innocent life I pray for you as well. The dead part is easy. It's living every day knowing you took away a human life that is not.
Melinda Halvorson

Beckley, WV

#2 Nov 23, 2011
My sympathy goes out to the families that loss a loved one is such a tradegy that could have been avoided if not for the idot that shot both of them young men. Hope he gets what is coming to him. I am a mother and when I heard I went home and hugged my son and told him I loved him. I can not image the loss that mother is feeling right now. May god give her the strength she needs to see her through this very sad time.
Birddog

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Nov 23, 2011
Melinda Halvorson wrote:
My sympathy goes out to the families that loss a loved one is such a tradegy that could have been avoided if not for the idot that shot both of them young men. Hope he gets what is coming to him. I am a mother and when I heard I went home and hugged my son and told him I loved him. I can not image the loss that mother is feeling right now. May god give her the strength she needs to see her through this very sad time.
They caught the shooter. Jesse Suttle.
jody sowder

Roanoke, VA

#4 Nov 23, 2011
Landon was one of the best dudes you could ever meet I didnt know the other fellow but feel for his family PLEASE nobody start any rumors on here his famliy dont need to read or here about them and same with the other fellows family Landon im gonna miss you little brother and to his family im sorry about your alls loss
SMH

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Nov 23, 2011
I agree with Jody so please people don't start rumors on here.It is hard enough for the families to deal with without people saying things.I also agree Landon was a great young man and so was James.R.I.P. you two young men.It is a shame their lives were cut so short
Crystal Lowery

United States

#6 Nov 23, 2011
I knew neither of these boys but my deepest sympathy goes out to the families && friends. Nobody could have imagined something like this happening at this time of year. Their lives were taken away too soon && leaves us all in mourning && disbelief. I know your pain is severe && I hope justice is served, although I know it will never erase the emptiness inside. Gone but NEVER forgotten.. May they rest in peace.

Although my life was put to rest && time together is no more, remember memories of our past && that now my spirit sores. Although it may feel like were miles apart && eternity before well see each other again, know that I am always in your heart && I walk beside you when times are grim. My life may have been short lived but we made memories none the less, so remember them when emotions shift && you begin to feel depressed. I know that it will be hard to cope with this but I hate to see you cry, so whenever you start to feel hopeless, remember this is not goodbye.
Peanut

Beckley, WV

#7 Nov 23, 2011
Deepest Sympathy and many prayers.
Sad

Pineville, WV

#8 Nov 23, 2011
Exactly what kind of party were these underage boys at???
Early

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Nov 23, 2011
I have a couple questions, 1 were these kids black or white and 2 what was a 16 year old kid doing out so late at night and way over in beckley...did he sneek out?
Are YOU Serious

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2011
1 WHY would their race matter?! Regardless of what race, they didnt deserve to be murdered. 2 Its Thanksgiving break and he was probably spending the night with friends. Now, I have a couple questions for you: 1. Why couldnt Matthew fight his own battle? 2. Why did Jessie have to use a weapon instead of his fists on an 18 yr old if he was that upset? Was he so ignorant that he didnt have the capability to think of consequences before acting, or has he always been that type of coward, pulling weapons to fight his battles? Yes there is always two sides to the story but, in this case, no matter how you look at it Jessie and Landon could have fought fist to fist and both Landon and James would still be here today, possibly sore and bruised up, but still ALIVE none-the-less. Instead, Jessie had to be an inconsiderate coward and kill two young boys, over the holiday season need I remind you, and over what? Now their lives were stolen and he is going to be locked away. He accomplished SO much smh.
Are YOU Serious

United States

#11 Nov 24, 2011
Youre one of those inconsiderate people, I see. Instead of questioning these teens you need to question the suppose to be ADULT here as to WHY he pulled a gun on someone 11 yrs younger than him instead of just giving him a good old fashion ass whoopin to set him straight? Now he has ruined both their lives, along with the families and friends who will be reminded of this every year when its suppose to be a time of thanksgiving and instead theyre going to be mourning the loss of their loved one. Perhaps one of your relatives should be murdered while out at 10:30 at night so we can question their motives instead of just giving you our condolences. Fyi, if it was after midnight you could consider that late, but 10:30 isnt late.
Questions Too

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2011
Early wrote:
I have a couple questions, 1 were these kids black or white and 2 what was a 16 year old kid doing out so late at night and way over in beckley...did he sneek out?
1. How is 10:30 so late? 2. Way over in Beckley?.. Well, for starters, Beckley is only 20 minutes from Oak Hill and they were at the border line of Raleigh and Fayette county.. So thats not even 20 minutes away. By the way, the correct way to spell "sneek" is "sneak" and their race is irrelevant.
Cindy

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2011
Why did he shoot them?
Well

United States

#14 Nov 24, 2011
Supposedly Landon and Matthew Suttle had gotten into it and Jessie went and grabbed the shot gun, shooting Landon twice and the third bullet intended for Landon hit James who was sitting near him. Such a tragedy smh.
someone that knows

Charleston, WV

#15 Nov 24, 2011
it wasnt in beckley.. James is my little cousin, Crazy thing is I didnt know until today when My aunt told my dad.. It happen at a birthday party
Early

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Nov 24, 2011
I knew where my dog was at 1030 that night. That kid was 16 and parents didn't even know where he was at,or what he was up to. 1030 at night in Raligh county. Everyone knows, Beckley and Mount Hope are dangerous places for kids at night, and yes he was a kid. Hell yea I put blame there.I bet you don't or didn't know where your kids were at, 1030 on a week night. seems bad parenting is common among you people. Since ya can not figure this out on your own, you must know who your kids are with and where they are at, for sure at all times, see where excuses get you?
Are YOU Serious

United States

#17 Nov 24, 2011
My children are 6, 2, and 3 months so yeah, actually, I knew were they were last night miss know it all. Of course you would know where your dog is at. Taking care of a dog isnt like taking care of a teen. You chain the bitch up and it cant roam anywhere further than its leash. How hard is that? My 6 yr old can take care of a damn dog. Hell, my 2 yr old even knows how to. Your comparisons are utterly ridiculous and your accusations of bad parenting are pathetic. Who ever said that they DIDNT know where their son was anyways, miss assumption? If anyone had bad parenting skills it is the Suttles parents for not teaching their boys that there would be consequences for their actions.
Wow

United States

#18 Nov 24, 2011
Early wrote:
What does their race have to do with anything? Anyways, it was a birthday party and it was on Mill Creek Rd. Not technically that far from here. So, why are you bad mouthing the parents? They have lost their son during the thanksgiving holiday and are already going through a tough time without you giving them more grief. Smh. Where is your sympathy? Are YOU a parent? No matter the circumstances, nobody deserves to lose their child.
BIG UN

Beckley, WV

#19 Nov 24, 2011
Everybody got exactly what they deserved.

EVERYBODY

If people had been home minding their own business, none of this would have happened.
Early

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Nov 24, 2011
LOL if you weren't so stupid you could grasp the idea of taking care of your kids. Look what happens when ya let them run wild, do not care where they go or what they do, with no idea of where they are or what time they get home.
I didn't say race had anything to do with it. I asked if they were black or white, it was you who brought up race and having anything to do with it. Read the posts, you can read and comprehend can't you?
I knew exactly where my kids were at that age, I actually cared enough to call and get in my car and double check.
By the way, you do not care for a animal by chaining them up and forgetting about them. You do seem the kind that would do that. The way I see it, thats the only thing your kids will be good for is the dog catcher, the way your raising them. BTW very good at knowing where your 2 year old was the other night, perhaps you can do it 2 nights a week now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raleigh County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raleigh BOE chooses new school superintendent Sep 9 alcohol 2
Tim Gregory and Corey Sep 8 Jay Rock 1
Homes/Property For Sale Jul '14 Owner 1
Biker In Jail For Shooting At Troopers (Mar '12) Jun '14 JamieWV 6
Police investigate body found in Raleigh Co. creek (Feb '14) Jun '14 i know 2
Raleigh Man Arrested On Sex Abuse Charge Jun '14 sick 3
Stabbing in Beckley sends one person to hospital May '14 Rambo Wayne 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••