Elston sentenced to five years for gr...

Elston sentenced to five years for gross sexual imposition

There are 91 comments on the Putnam County Sentinel story from Oct 19, 2011, titled Elston sentenced to five years for gross sexual imposition. In it, Putnam County Sentinel reports that:

Richard Elston, 55 of Cloverdale, was sentenced to five years in the Ohio Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation during a sentencing trial held today in Putnam County Common Pleas court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Putnam County Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Hacker

Iola, WI

#1 Nov 4, 2011
i believe this is justice for these girl.
MovingForward

Ottawa, OH

#2 Nov 9, 2011
This is really just a slap on the hand. The plea he took was only on behalf of one of the victims in this case. The other victim wasn't even allowed to speak her mind on the final day of this case. She feels coming forward did nothing but bring up memories she would have rather forgotten. The family of this man continues to torture this family and the victims. The only added security for these girls is that they will be over 18 before he is released. Unfortunately, their biggest fear is for their little sister who will not be.
moreliesonrick

Ottawa, OH

#4 Nov 10, 2011
Not only did these girls lie , but the one girl informed 1 family member back in 2009 that her mother was asking her to do this , but also told yet another person May of last year 6 months before they went in and did it.This was done due to the mother signing her other 2 children away to their dad during her divorce. Just like she did with the one who helped her get this done. Rick ISN'T her first ex husband she did this to. Her helpers father was accused also , thats how the mother got her back. She had to find the fathers unfit , well it worked !!! Can those 2 girls look in the mirror without shame for the rest of their lives?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 10, 2011
Well from the story I have read straight from the Putnam County Assistant Prosecutor Todd Schroeder's lips on Oct. 19, 2011 in the Putnam County Sentinel, they really didn't have ANY evidence, the case would have been based on hear say ( testimony only). In my opinion that is by far not justice! To send an innocent man to jail for nothing is justice? Shameful how our justice system is so crooked in a time when the American people really need it to be fair. Lack of evidence??? How odd... no morals from the Asst. Prosecutor and no morals from the accusers in this case... if there isn't evidence how did this case make it to trial to begin with? I think people need to get educated on this case before posting stupid comments!
moreliesonrick

Ottawa, OH

#6 Nov 10, 2011
Not only did he block his defense , but they didnt want the jury to hear of the bull crap that " didn't " happen in Allen county. She told of that story too.
demon

Ottawa, OH

#8 Nov 10, 2011
Wow , first of all the judge knew too much information on the mother to have been the one sitting in on this case. There has been issues with her in the past. Child neglect and such. Not to mention her mental illness and lack of interest in her children. I think those 2 girls should be ashamed of themselves. It's just a matter of time before her outbursts starts once again , and they find themselves saveing their younger siblings from the terror they themselves had to go through. They will have to hold their head in shame for the rest of their lives. A burden that no one should have to carry , but they chose this for themselves.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 10, 2011
moreliesonrick wrote:
<quoted text> Just think , those 2 girls are willing to watch their younger brother and sister go through the trauma and torture they themselves had to go through. The mental and physical abuse those 2 girls would run away from. Such a shame to see the history keep repeating itself.
If she did this before, why wasn't that brought up in court? Seriously here people... I am 100% against any type of abuse to a child.. but I am equally against a crooked justice system! Why would anyone ALLOW these people involved to ruin a mans life like this?
moreliesonrick

Ottawa, OH

#10 Nov 10, 2011
CrookedJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If she did this before, why wasn't that brought up in court? Seriously here people... I am 100% against any type of abuse to a child.. but I am equally against a crooked justice system! Why would anyone ALLOW these people involved to ruin a mans life like this?
The evidence wasn't allowed. If it was to be shown , it would show a pattern the mother had. The state would have lost the case. This is a pattern now handed down. And now they worry about the youngest daughter. They forgot they took her in for an interview. And not just for their case , but for the defence as well.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 11, 2011
It's sad to read this story , and to know that even the Assistant Prosecutor knew he didn't have a strong case. When you take away a persons top evidence and still expect him to defend himself is a disgrace to us Americans. And with the help of the media , they have people believing this man is guilty due to the plea bargain. That's not always the case as proven right here. Once again Putnam County was willing and did put an innocent man behind bars. And from what I have read in these comments , this was a sneaky attack and a ploy. This type of hear say trial needs to come to an end in America. This type of " crime " can happen to anyone of us at any given time. It only takes someone to say this happened and the government and local police thrive on it to make themselves look like heroes. This has become America's number one epidemic .This only teaches the accusers how to play a dangerous game. I have no doubt that there will be more accusations from this family in the future. They will miss the attention they once had and they won't know how to get back to reality without the drama they once created. Sad , sad day for the folks in that community.
MovingForward

Fort Jennings, OH

#12 Nov 11, 2011
Considering that the other posts on this seem to be coming from family of Rick it still goes to show that they will unfortunately never leave the victims alone. If all the things that are being said on here about the mother in this case were actually true then why has there never been proven to be any truth to it? If this man was so innocent as stated here then why did he plead guilty and why did he refuse to take a lie detector test when it was offered to him on more than one occasion? Why was his bond revoked due to stalking the victims and then being caught in lies about doing it? These victims can look in the mirror everyday knowing that they possibly saved another child from ever having to live through the torture of what happened to them. Richard stated that it was an accident that he touched the victims. Really? An accident. How do you do those kind of things to a child by accident. That was right in his sworn statement to the judge. I find it odd that the comments from a few certain people on here come from areas where the mother's ex's live. How ironic. I don't think so. This family is just trying to heal and put their lives back together. Maybe if all of you would find a job or a hobby or something you wouldn't have so much time to torture this family on a weekly basis.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 11, 2011
satanschild wrote:
It's sad to read this story , and to know that even the Assistant Prosecutor knew he didn't have a strong case. When you take away a persons top evidence and still expect him to defend himself is a disgrace to us Americans. And with the help of the media , they have people believing this man is guilty due to the plea bargain. That's not always the case as proven right here. Once again Putnam County was willing and did put an innocent man behind bars. And from what I have read in these comments , this was a sneaky attack and a ploy. This type of hear say trial needs to come to an end in America. This type of " crime " can happen to anyone of us at any given time. It only takes someone to say this happened and the government and local police thrive on it to make themselves look like heroes. This has become America's number one epidemic .This only teaches the accusers how to play a dangerous game. I have no doubt that there will be more accusations from this family in the future. They will miss the attention they once had and they won't know how to get back to reality without the drama they once created. Sad , sad day for the folks in that community.
I feel so sorry for this poor man who has lost everything & for what? Custody of 2 children? I think the Asst. Prosecutor, the Det. & the Judge in this case as well as any Child Protective Agents should be investigated! This is a prime case of perjury & child abuse by the mother and the 2 children forced to lie in this case. The one child is now an adult if I read that correctly and if it is indeed true that these 2 children & mother accused another man of the same crime yrs ago shouldn't that have been allowed as evidence? It sounds to me like not only was the Judge to close to this case but so was the Det. and the Asst. Prosecutor. All of these people should be investigated and if there is any wrong doing they should ALL serve time behind bars as well, including the children!!! If this has been done twice now, how many more times is our judicial system going to allow it to happen? I pity any man who gets involve with the mother and her children! WOW!!

Location hidden

#15 Nov 11, 2011
MovingForward wrote:
Considering that the other posts on this seem to be coming from family of Rick it still goes to show that they will unfortunately never leave the victims alone. If all the things that are being said on here about the mother in this case were actually true then why has there never been proven to be any truth to it? If this man was so innocent as stated here then why did he plead guilty and why did he refuse to take a lie detector test when it was offered to him on more than one occasion? Why was his bond revoked due to stalking the victims and then being caught in lies about doing it? These victims can look in the mirror everyday knowing that they possibly saved another child from ever having to live through the torture of what happened to them. Richard stated that it was an accident that he touched the victims. Really? An accident. How do you do those kind of things to a child by accident. That was right in his sworn statement to the judge. I find it odd that the comments from a few certain people on here come from areas where the mother's ex's live. How ironic. I don't think so. This family is just trying to heal and put their lives back together. Maybe if all of you would find a job or a hobby or something you wouldn't have so much time to torture this family on a weekly basis.
I am not a member of this family in any way so let's get that straight right up front. I have eyes and I have the ability to read. It is hard to defend yourself when the judicial system blocks you. If this really happened as you and everyone else claims where is the evidence? The case was built on testimony, NO EVIDENCE!! EVERYONE is innocent until PROVEN guilty! NO PROOF was shown in this case. Show me the proof and I will stop replying to this otherwise I will continue to use my right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Thank you. Oh and I am one who believes in KARMA.... it will come back to bite everyone involved here with this case! THE GOOD LORD will punish the guilty and the truth will come out, it's just a matter of time, it always does!!

Location hidden

#16 Nov 11, 2011
This has bothered me reading the MovingForwards first comment at the top of this page. To me that was a warning to this mans family. If anyone of them have read this , I encourage you to copy it right away. I just did , if needed for any purpose please contact me.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 11, 2011
satanschild wrote:
This has bothered me reading the MovingForwards first comment at the top of this page. To me that was a warning to this mans family. If anyone of them have read this , I encourage you to copy it right away. I just did , if needed for any purpose please contact me.
Thank you for the suggestion! I just took a screen shot of every comment posted by MovingForward! If the family of this man should ever need this please feel free to contact me as well.
moreliesonrick

Ottawa, OH

#18 Nov 11, 2011
MovingForward wrote:
The truth on mother was not going to be allowed in court. I know this to be a fact due to the laws. It is the publics right to go do a police back ground on anyone in the U.S.A. Your own daughter filed a complaint on you . Public record !!!! I haven't seen one post on here coming from YOUR area. I do believe the aftershocks of being paraniod has just set in. And it shows.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 11, 2011
CrookedJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel so sorry for this poor man who has lost everything & for what? Custody of 2 children? I think the Asst. Prosecutor, the Det. & the Judge in this case as well as any Child Protective Agents should be investigated! This is a prime case of perjury & child abuse by the mother and the 2 children forced to lie in this case. The one child is now an adult if I read that correctly and if it is indeed true that these 2 children & mother accused another man of the same crime yrs ago shouldn't that have been allowed as evidence? It sounds to me like not only was the Judge to close to this case but so was the Det. and the Asst. Prosecutor. All of these people should be investigated and if there is any wrong doing they should ALL serve time behind bars as well, including the children!!! If this has been done twice now, how many more times is our judicial system going to allow it to happen? I pity any man who gets involve with the mother and her children! WOW!!
Did the accusers take a lie detector test? Since there was no evidence to show in court I would think that if indeed this did take place why didn't the "Adult" victim take a lie detector test? If this did in fact truly happen I do feel sorry for the 2 victims, but from what I read in public records, this went from "supposedly 3 counts of rape and 3 counts of GSI" down to 1 count of GSI & he got 5 yrs? Please forgive me here if you are truly a victim you would go to every length possible to see to it that ANY & ALL evidence appear in court. Sadly in this case a man was tried on hear say and took a plea bargain since all of his ACTUAL evidence was denied. This trial SHOULD have been removed from Putnam county and held in a neighboring county. This man never had a chance for a fair trial. I pray this man gets an appeal hearing and is allowed to PROVE his case! Only then will true justice be served here.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 11, 2011
MovingForward wrote:
This is really just a slap on the hand. The plea he took was only on behalf of one of the victims in this case. The other victim wasn't even allowed to speak her mind on the final day of this case. She feels coming forward did nothing but bring up memories she would have rather forgotten. The family of this man continues to torture this family and the victims. The only added security for these girls is that they will be over 18 before he is released. Unfortunately, their biggest fear is for their little sister who will not be.
I am NOT a relative , I have eyes and ears. I am exercising my FREEDOM OF SPEECH , just like you did right here. I do read the latest news in the county. If YOU didn't want to read peoples personal opinions , then you shouldn't have posted yours. Looks to me like YOU threw the first stone. And it appears that you did it for the attention and to cry later of harassment. If you want to get angered at anyone , it should be at the Prosecutor for the statement he made. I think that man had doubts of his own. If what people are saying is true , you only won the battle and not the war. The war is within your family. If the one accuser did tell 2 people , just how many more are out there ??? Did you think about that?? It's just a matter of time before they won't be able to hold this back. Kissing butt only gets you so far to keep a persons mouth shut. So if what I have been hearing and reading is true , your nightmare has just begun , in your own house.

Location hidden

#21 Nov 11, 2011
MovingForward wrote:
Like I said , I'm NOT A FAMILY MEMBER , lets clear that up. You threw the first attack on this man and his family right here !!!!! We as AMERICAN'S have the right to VOICE our opinions. Don't dish out something you aren't capable of handling . It just shows me how paranoid you are about this. Do I detect you defending your actions??? It appears that way to me.
stateline

Englewood, CO

#22 Nov 11, 2011
The victims in this case did indeed take a lie detector test and passed. And as far as copying posts. I don't see anything here that wasn't stated in court hearings. Transfer to another county? Neighboring county for this is Paulding. I believe that is where his first charge was for touching a minor. Some people here apparently have a lot of interest in the mother. Checking what she's doing and since the man is incarcerated how could it really b said that its about child support since she won't receive any.

Location hidden

#23 Nov 11, 2011
stateline wrote:
The victims in this case did indeed take a lie detector test and passed. And as far as copying posts. I don't see anything here that wasn't stated in court hearings. Transfer to another county? Neighboring county for this is Paulding. I believe that is where his first charge was for touching a minor. Some people here apparently have a lot of interest in the mother. Checking what she's doing and since the man is incarcerated how could it really b said that its about child support since she won't receive any.
What is wrong with Allen County????...Oh that's right..you wouldn't want it to be in THAT county after what happened there. Don't YOU find it ODD that this is her SECOND husband she did this to?? Did you NOT read the part on the ONE accuser telling 2 people of this ploy and those 2 people from what I understand is coming forward. Did you not know that the mother is mentally ill and chances are she is medicated. So what makes you NOT THINK that the ONE ACCUSER wasn't medicated for her test. Did they do blood work to prove otherwise??? That would have been the very first thing I would have asked for as an attorney. Did they have a child psychiatrist from another county evaluate her ??? That should have been mandatory giving her mother and fathers back ground. From what I have heard , the mother and father of the one accuser met at the mental hospital in Lima. That RIGHT THERE would have been a read flag. Do you NOT know what it takes to get a plea bargain??? A plea bargain is the only way of defence when a Judge and the Prosecutor decides to hold back evidence to help them get a conviction. They wouldn't want egg on their face. So they block the evidence needed to show a mans innocents. So before you post something like this , do your homework , I did !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PSI in ottoville Mar '15 seth 1
News Delphos man charged in vehicle break-ins (Oct '12) Dec '13 Nate 12
News Stober begins trial for alleged charges (Feb '13) Feb '13 Deal Sealer 2
News Hearing for Road 5 civil trial awaits decision (Oct '12) Dec '12 barb diemer 6
News Woman critical after Sunday night fire (Oct '12) Oct '12 HelpNeeded 1
News Former Kalida coach indicted (Sep '12) Sep '12 UdintBuildThat 1
News Widespread power outages continue in Lima region (Aug '12) Aug '12 CTamura 1
More from around the web