Who Would be the Best Under Sheriff f...

Who Would be the Best Under Sheriff for Hardy

Created by Not a Dean Supporter on Aug 28, 2008

958 votes

Click on an option to vote

Rick Ryan

Gary Bowling

Reno Fells

Alex Sharp

Tom Williams

Scott Simmons

Mike Lisle

Mike Knowles

Don Tingley

None of the above

Humble Pie

Palatka, FL

#21 Sep 4, 2008
Well said Putnam Voter. Either way Jeff Hardy will carry the general election in Novemeber. When the time comes Jeff will take over for an agency that will recieve him with open arms and gratitude. I disagree on Tom Williams conceding. Jeff needs to stay his course so that none can cry that a deal was struck. I predict that Jeff will win in double digits in November. As for this thread I will again ask everyone to stop voting on a decision that will be made by Jeff and Jeff only at the appropriate time. With that said I will now click on my choice...LOL
Thinking

Cordova, TN

#22 Sep 4, 2008
Putnam Voter wrote:
My daddy always told me never to discuss politics and religion amongst friends...those topics just turn some of them into enemies.
Looking back over the last 4+ years of the local politics...I now realize how true this statement can be.
That, and if someone quotes a passage from the Bible, someone else will inevitably come up with their opposing interpretation.
So... whether you believe in "an eye for an eye" or "love thy neighbor", Jeff Hardy or Dean Kelly, there must be common ground to meet on and get done the tasks at hand.
I believe Dean, instead of holding closed meetings with his command staff where opinions can be rumored, should swallow his pride and come out and openly support Jeff Hardy for Sheriff. It is for the good of the agency and in the best interest of all involved. Also, Tom should avoid spending any more of his hard-earned money, and go ahead and concede to Jeff. That way Jeff can take office in November and bring the agency back together much earlier.
Just my thoughts....agree???
Yes,i agree. Hopefully Dean will be able to accept defeat and move on. Let's hope he keeps the citizens and employees in mind and will be able to work with Jeff and help make this a smooth transaction. I really think he will. After all he still has a lot of ties to this community,and still must answer to the people of this county.
Thinking

Cordova, TN

#23 Sep 4, 2008
Humble Pie wrote:
Well said Putnam Voter. Either way Jeff Hardy will carry the general election in Novemeber. When the time comes Jeff will take over for an agency that will recieve him with open arms and gratitude. I disagree on Tom Williams conceding. Jeff needs to stay his course so that none can cry that a deal was struck. I predict that Jeff will win in double digits in November. As for this thread I will again ask everyone to stop voting on a decision that will be made by Jeff and Jeff only at the appropriate time. With that said I will now click on my choice...LOL
Hey Humble Pie! Can't keep voting for your self,just thinking out loud.
Humble Pie

Palatka, FL

#24 Sep 4, 2008
Sure I can it's my ego that has moved me forward in life so far. The point is none of these polls matters in the least. Who ever is picked, I will embrace and support with the same enthusiasm as I supported Jeff for Sheriff. With that in mind my first choice is Rick Ryan. Experienced, former command staff under Tayor and Kelly, has worked with most of the existing command staff to include Jeff. Well respected among all his peers. Rick would broker a smooth transition and allow Jeff to concentrate on more important issues.
New

Satsuma, FL

#25 Sep 4, 2008
Well, it sounds like if Rick Ryan is picked it would be the same old sheriffs office and same decisions being made. Where is the change? Just a question. The last I read and heard, Hardy is pushing for change. With that being said, there should be a fresh start. New sheriff, new command staff. NEW ERA!!!!!Just a thought.
Humble Pie

Palatka, FL

#26 Sep 4, 2008
Then you are advocating that Jeff fire all the current command staff? I respectfully disagree. Some should go before Jeff is sworn in on their own, others should be reassigned, and a few should be given a chance under the new leadership to prove their value to the agency. Just my humble opinion.
New

Satsuma, FL

#27 Sep 4, 2008
I would agree, no argument. I think we're on the same team. The good of Putnam County. Everyone in the respective places. However, the ones that are going to stay should have the good sense to advocate change, if not that is when they should be removed. That's all I'm saying.
New

Satsuma, FL

#28 Sep 4, 2008
My only issue, is that things have been exactly the same at the sheriffs office for years and years and years. The agency is generations behind time and someone has to see that there needs to be change. Most of the people that are there are set in their ways and will get in the way of any type of change, no matter how small. That's why the sheriffs office is in such a dilemma as you and I both know. But that's just my humble opinion.
Humble Pie

Palatka, FL

#29 Sep 4, 2008
Point taken, well said.
Concerned Citizen

Interlachen, FL

#30 Sep 22, 2008
Tom Williams ran a chop shop out of his house in miami dade!!!
answer

Palatka, FL

#31 Oct 1, 2008
Rick Ryan or Gary Bowling! These two guys know how to handle a Law Enforcement agency. I don't care which one is number two, but the other needs to be number three. They will get the job done, and Hardy will be Sheriff for as long as he wants to be. Put these guys in there Jef. The will meke your agency the best it can be!
Change

United States

#32 Oct 2, 2008
But if you put these two in there, the agency still has no change. It is the same people running the agency in different positions, do you really see any change being made? Personally, I don't. The way of thinking has to change and if you can stand out and hold signs to keep Dean in office why would or should Hardy believe the person would be loyal to him as a Sheriff. I wouldn't trust some of these people with making decisions that is going to benefit the entire population of Putnam County. Change is definitely GOOD. Give someone else a chance to prove their worthy. I'm saying fire the anyone that is employed but if I were Jeff I would proceed with alot of caution.
Grits and Cheese

United States

#33 Oct 4, 2008
Change wrote:
But if you put these two in there, the agency still has no change. It is the same people running the agency in different positions, do you really see any change being made? Personally, I don't. The way of thinking has to change and if you can stand out and hold signs to keep Dean in office why would or should Hardy believe the person would be loyal to him as a Sheriff. I wouldn't trust some of these people with making decisions that is going to benefit the entire population of Putnam County. Change is definitely GOOD. Give someone else a chance to prove their worthy. I'm saying fire the anyone that is employed but if I were Jeff I would proceed with alot of caution.
I like your way of thinking!!!!
It's true,people will use you if they think they will get a gain from it. Jeff better heed the advice or he may find himself voted out on the next go. I would hate to see that happen to him if he did a good job (I believe he will) and got caught up with the wrong ones. He will get used just for people to keep their jobs. Personally, I know of two who were right up Deans butt until the priamries were over now they are "Jeff Fans".
It's all in who is buttering their bread.
Change

Satsuma, FL

#34 Oct 4, 2008
And I yours :)
Scott Simmons

Palatka, FL

#35 Oct 7, 2008
Scott Simmons should be Jeff's second in command. He has been a great leader for PCSO and has kept the people together in all kinds of stressful situations. He knows cop work, and office work. He is a strong leader who is respected by the whole agency. He is the dedicated one needed to keep the agency together under a new Sheriff.
putnam talks

United States

#36 Oct 7, 2008
where is Barney Fife when you need him?
Two-Face

Columbus, OH

#37 Oct 8, 2008
Scott Simmons is the worst example of an administrator that I have ever seen. He is the most unprofessional, worthless piece of ^(&%^*, I have ever seen. He is unethical, lazy, undisciplined, and an excuse for a deputy, let alone an administrator. I would rather see Phil Altice as the #2 person than Scott Simmons. Simmons should work for the sanatation department, because he is definitely a piece of *&%^&*. Just ask him to come speak at your next meeting, OH, HE CAN'T SPEAK!!! Ask him about the pimples on his arms, I believe they are a result of the injections he takes to build his muscles. Maybe the reason the punishments for the unethical actions of the detectives was because of their their relationship with Simmons. Inquiring minds want to know? Can you tells use the truth Mr. Simmons!
Nirvana

United States

#38 Oct 8, 2008
Two-Face wrote:
Scott Simmons is the worst example of an administrator that I have ever seen. He is the most unprofessional, worthless piece of ^(&%^*, I have ever seen. He is unethical, lazy, undisciplined, and an excuse for a deputy, let alone an administrator. I would rather see Phil Altice as the #2 person than Scott Simmons. Simmons should work for the sanatation department, because he is definitely a piece of *&%^&*. Just ask him to come speak at your next meeting, OH, HE CAN'T SPEAK!!! Ask him about the pimples on his arms, I believe they are a result of the injections he takes to build his muscles. Maybe the reason the punishments for the unethical actions of the detectives was because of their their relationship with Simmons. Inquiring minds want to know? Can you tells use the truth Mr. Simmons!
Inquiring minds want to know...I want to know!!!
New

United States

#39 Oct 11, 2008
As I have said on most of my post, It's time to start from scratch. Weed all of the garbage out and make the S.O. what it should be. An agency the entire county can be proud of instead of being ashamed to say we live in Putnam County because of the negativity and crimes being perpetrated by/from the S.O. It's definitely time for a CHANGE, not just saying it with words but putting actions behind it to make the change immediately and effectively, before things are totally too far gone. Or is it too late?
Define Scratch

Palatka, FL

#40 Oct 11, 2008
What does start from scratch mean? Fire everyone? Even the hard working, dedicated, take-it-to-heart everyday folks who really care? Where does the blood-letting stop for you? Do you have a clue what goes on at PCSO? Do you think it possible that good folks weren't allowed to do some good things that they wanted to under Dean Kelly? Do his messed up ways make everyone messed up. That sort of logic would say, fire the coach if the team has a losing season, and, oh yeah, fire the whole team, even the star athletes who know all the right moves but who were forced to play by a screwed up play book. And, when they tried to make a suggestion to the coach, he made them run laps until they complied with his bad guidance. Please stop believing that humans can be something supernatural. Trust Jeff to do the right thing and, unless you plan to run for Sheriff (and you win), stop spouting off useless rhetoric. Just stop. It'll be OK; more than OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hardy hiding his past (Jan '12) Oct '17 DUCK 84
Co jails Sep '17 Ttucker 2
Hardy arrested on 7/25/17 for DUI Jul '17 MostHatedMan-inPu... 1
Who will be Sheriff in 2016? (Mar '15) Jul '17 HardyDUI 28
Transparency Jun '17 RoxyBonds 2
Palatka Corruption (Jul '12) Jun '17 Cindy 24
City Manager's Epic Fail (Oct '13) May '17 Anonymous 19
More from around the web