Palatka Police can't stop crime

Posted in the Putnam County Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Fed up

Palatka, FL

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Another armed robbery, no arrests and people wonder why no businesses or families want to come here. Get rid of the Police Chief and hire one who will start enforceing the law
Truth

Satsuma, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2009
Getting rid of a police chief will not solve the crime problem. You're complaining but I didn't hear you say anything about the murder indictments for a murder. Focus on the positive. No agency can stop crime they can detour from time to time but you're living in a dream world to believe that. From what I see Palatka continues to grow, take the good with the bad.
Fed up

Palatka, FL

#3 Mar 26, 2009
Two years to file murder charges? What about the other numerous unsolved murders? Getchell is a political entity who cares nothing about our community. Our crime rate has tripled under his leadership. You are right I am complaining and will keep doing so when I see problems. Getchell is the problem, and he needs to go back down south.
lost

Palatka, FL

#4 Mar 26, 2009
So Getchell is the problem? How about the people who have information but dont want to share it? Two years on the murder charges.. wrong again. If I am correct it's not like running to the redbox and getting a DVD, you have to find people, and get people to talk. From what I see the Palatka PD is doing the best they can. Never mind the fact they like so many other police departments are hurting for money and can only use what personnel they have. Its not LA, you dont have 20 detectives working the same case. So, can you correct the problems? If you could wouldnt you be in charge?
lost

Palatka, FL

#5 Mar 26, 2009
oh i forget. Its the negative thinking and negative talking of people like you that keeps people/business from coming to palatka. Speak positive and get involved to make positive changes. dont down grade and point fingers if you yourself can do no better.
Fed up

Interlachen, FL

#6 Mar 27, 2009
Gosh you sure educated me. it takes money to solve crimes? Whatever did they do in past? I seem to remember the dipshit chief asking for 300 thousand to buy a building for his "detectives". The other dipshits "commissioners" bought it for him with our tax money.
I don't have to speak negative about Palatka, we were rated in Forbes magazine as the second worst city in the nation. Your right, Getchell and the people who put him in that position need to go as well.

I use netflix, delivered right to my door, I guess that makes me a tad smarter than your dumb ass.
Wondering

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Mar 27, 2009
Fed up wrote:
Gosh you sure educated me. it takes money to solve crimes? Whatever did they do in past? I seem to remember the dipshit chief asking for 300 thousand to buy a building for his "detectives". The other dipshits "commissioners" bought it for him with our tax money.
I don't have to speak negative about Palatka, we were rated in Forbes magazine as the second worst city in the nation. Your right, Getchell and the people who put him in that position need to go as well.
I use netflix, delivered right to my door, I guess that makes me a tad smarter than your dumb ass.
Actually, Palatka was listed in Forbes as # 2 in America's Most Vulnerable Towns. We were not listed as one of the worst places to live. They only rate the big cities for that. Please don't make us out to sound worse than we already do.
Fed up

Palatka, FL

#8 Mar 27, 2009
"second worst city in the nation" Who said the article was about living here?
Truth

Satsuma, FL

#9 Mar 27, 2009
The Palatka Police is doing their job and if someone doesn't like how it's being done than I would say get up and go to work as a patrolman or detective. I'm in law enforcement and understand it's a little hard to accomplish the goals of detouring crime and solving crime with little to no assistance from the people you're sworn to protect. It's really hard when officers are continually taking a beating but never getting anys kudos for the good job that they do. If you're not part of the solution, than you're part of the problem. Don't mean to be rude, but if Palatka is so bad to live in than move. Find a city that has no crime but GOOD LUCK with that.
lost

Palatka, FL

#10 Mar 30, 2009
Fed up wrote:
Wow, another arm chair quarter back. I guess you have all the answers. I believe I asked why aren't you in charge? I can only guess. If you dont like how things are done here leave. Otherwise try to become a solution to the problem. For a department that is that small I think have done a pretty good job. And as far as your comment about having netfilx delievered to your door, I can see that. You obviously spend most of your life sitting in front of the computer down grading everybody. As far as the dumb ass part, oh gosh you really hurt me.
Not second worst city in the nation second most vulnerable.By the way the detective building doesnt have the cheif in it, but you know everything so..
Fed up

Interlachen, FL

#11 Mar 31, 2009
Taco Bell armed robbery and another person was robbed. The paper put it on the second page and put how you stopped three idiots for joking with a cell phone front page. Truth hurts.
lost

Palatka, FL

#12 Mar 31, 2009
Oh gosh.. crime. I bet Palatka is the only place in the U.S. that has crime. Oh thats right what about the guy in Boston who killed his sister and then cut his other sisters head off in front of a police officer. Or better yet Oakland California, 4 not 1 or 2, 4 police officers shot by one man. Palatka sounds just ungodly to live in. How in gods name couls anyone ever think of raising a child in this hell hole. Listen no matter what anybody on this post says it is not going to make a differance to you. You are a negative person who cannt not get passed how horrble this place is. So please do us a favor and move to the fairy tale world were there is no crime. I bet if some crime was commited against you, i know who you would call, and you obviously live in the city limits so guess whos coming?
lost

Palatka, FL

#13 Mar 31, 2009
By the way your movie from netflix has comin. I believe it is titled "LOSER"
Fed up

Palatka, FL

#14 Apr 1, 2009
Stopped any cell phone robberies lately? LOL

Now that would make a good movie, starring Barny "the truth" Fife! LOL
Truth

Satsuma, FL

#15 Apr 1, 2009
All i'll say is Fed up, shut up!!!!!
Fed up

Palatka, FL

#16 Apr 1, 2009
Speaking the truth makes you uncomfortable?
Wondering

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Apr 1, 2009
Fed up, no offense but you are kind of an idiot. Why don't you just move away? This town doesn't need your kind of negativity here. I agree with lost....you are a loser.
lost

Palatka, FL

#18 Apr 2, 2009
i still dont understand what your problem is but let me take a stab at it. You are an ex employee who was let go, and now you think be some chance you are going to get on here and try to make the police department look bad. With me so far.. ok i'll go slow for you from here. You are making yourself look bad. you obviously cannt contribute anything constructive to the point of try to help the city so you will try and talk bad about the people who run it. Hey i heard if you go Jacksonville that they have no crime up there. Hey better yet get stopped by a jacksonville deputy and get out of your car and run, that will solve everybodys problems. Good Luck!!
lost

Palatka, FL

#19 Apr 2, 2009
i still dont understand what your problem is but let me take a stab at it. You are an ex employee who was let go, and now you think be some chance you are going to get on here and try to make the police department look bad. With me so far.. ok i'll go slow for you from here. You are making yourself look bad. you obviously cannt contribute anything constructive to the point of trying to help the city so you will try and talk bad about the people who run it. Hey i heard if you go Jacksonville that they have no crime up there. Hey better yet get stopped by a jacksonville deputy and get out of your car and run, that will solve everybodys problems. Good Luck!!
lost

Palatka, FL

#20 Apr 2, 2009
Just another question. if you are so smart, tell me how you would fight the crime. By the way it was on the news that the Jax Sheriff's office just arrested a guy on triple murder that happened three years ago. And you thought we took along time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Co jails Sep 6 The helper 1
Hardy arrested on 7/25/17 for DUI Jul '17 MostHatedMan-inPu... 1
Who will be Sheriff in 2016? (Mar '15) Jul '17 HardyDUI 28
Transparency Jun '17 RoxyBonds 2
Palatka Corruption (Jul '12) Jun '17 Cindy 24
City Manager's Epic Fail (Oct '13) May '17 Anonymous 19
breada gallo arrested battery (Jan '17) May '17 Anonymous 4
More from around the web