Which Sheriff's Office Sergeant shoul...

Which Sheriff's Office Sergeant should get fired

Created by Chopping Block on Aug 10, 2008

761 votes

Click on an option to vote

Terry Byers

Nick Jennette

Joe Wells

Greg LaVoy

Ricky Lyle

Jon Kinney

Mike Oglesbee

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Come on Guys

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2008
These polls must be started by job scared guys at the SO. Be careful boys. I would not turn my back to any of you. Is moral that bad at the SO.
Equal Justice

Saint Augustine, FL

#2 Aug 11, 2008
It is funny that certain sargeant(s) who treated the citizens horribly are on the top of the list. What comes around, goes around!
The People Rule

Lake City, FL

#3 Aug 11, 2008
Is Byers the skinny "Barney Fife" like dude?
Hardy 08

Lake City, FL

#4 Aug 11, 2008
The People Rule wrote:
Is Byers the skinny "Barney Fife" like dude?
Hehe, Yes I believe he is the one. Pretty rude and full of himself too! To anyone who has had dealings with this fellow, I feel sorry for you but talking to the current sheriff will do you know good. Hardy 08!!
The Next

Orlando, FL

#5 Aug 11, 2008
I would like to see some of guys attempt to take on the job of a supervisor in law enforcement. They are underpaid and under appreciated. But the first people to call them are the people bashing these fine gentlemen!
Equal Justice

Saint Augustine, FL

#6 Aug 11, 2008
The Next wrote:
I would like to see some of guys attempt to take on the job of a supervisor in law enforcement. They are underpaid and under appreciated. But the first people to call them are the people bashing these fine gentlemen!
I've been here so I am quite familiar with the whole picture including those that take their positons too far..
Right

Palatka, FL

#7 Aug 11, 2008
The Next wrote:
Wah! Poor thing. What about the patrol deputies that are underpaid and overworked? The people that under appreciates the patrol deputies ARE the supervisors. Not all supervisors, some do appreciate them. nuff said.
yallrwrong

Palatka, FL

#8 Aug 12, 2008
hey i got news for ya'll.....sgt byers has done a great job and is learning how to adjust to be a supervisor just like we had to learn how to be a deputy when we first started....there are much more problems at the sheriff's office then sgt byers. if you guys and girls that are bad mouthing byers why did u not test for sgt? ohhhhh probaly either cause u did test a failed like hell or maybe just did not test at all because u know you would not have past it or made a pimple on byers ass as a sgt. now that we have got that figured out and ya'll have all been provn retards and someone just trying to start trouble why dont ya'll worry about your selfs because that is a full time job of its own. Now to SERGEANT BYERS GREAT JOB AND DON"T WORRY ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS OF THEE OWN AND WONT TAKE CARE OF THOSE BUT THEY WILL TEND TO EVERYONE ELSES BUSINESS>>>>POINT PROVEN
The People Rule

Lake City, FL

#9 Aug 12, 2008
hey i got news for ya'll.....sgt byers has done a great job and is learning how to adjust to be a supervisor just like we had to learn how to be a deputy when we first started....there are much more problems at the sheriff's office then sgt byers. if you guys and girls that are bad mouthing byers why did u not test for sgt? ohhhhh probaly either cause u did test a failed like hell or maybe just did not test at all because u know you would not have past it or made a pimple on byers ass as a sgt. now that we have got that figured out and ya'll have all been provn retards and someone just trying to start trouble why dont ya'll worry about your selfs because that is a full time job of its own. Now to SERGEANT BYERS GREAT JOB AND DON"T WORRY ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS OF THEE OWN AND WONT TAKE CARE OF THOSE BUT THEY WILL TEND TO EVERYONE ELSES BUSINESS>>>>POINT PROVEN

Learn to spell, or did your education come from
the same hick school as Barney Fifes?
Equal Justice

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Aug 12, 2008
yallrwrong wrote:
Being a sargeant is not about passing a book test (that is only a tiny part of the whole package), it is also about how one treats the citizens and the people under him (or her). It is about how one carries him or herself and being a positive role model. It is also about doing the right thing always, even if it means you are not the popular one. I have seen first hand how certain people in question have treated citizens so I am not picking on anyone just for the fun of it. So tell me, what qualities do YOU think it takes to be a sargeant? If this person has changed for the better, then I stand corrected, maybe all it will take is a good support system from the new sheriff and they all will do better. Let's hope so!!
You know who

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Aug 12, 2008
I concur. From what I can tell, the 'common sense' test at the sheriff's office is broken. Promoting someone just because he/she scored higher on a test is ridiculous. FYI, they can train a monkey to pass that test if a Lt. helps you out enough.
Tyler

Keystone Heights, FL

#12 Aug 12, 2008
The People Rule wrote:
Learn to spell, or did your education come from
the same hick school as Barney Fifes?
I might suggest that you don't consume any alcohol before responding to this blog. Your spelling and grammer is, well, should I say appear that, "your normal faculties are impaired"...
The People Rule

Lake City, FL

#13 Aug 12, 2008
The People Rule wrote:

**Learn to spell, or did your education come from
the same hick school as Barney Fifes?**

I might suggest that you don't consume any alcohol before responding to this blog. Your spelling and grammer is, well, should I say appear that, "your normal faculties are impaired"...

I was replying to the comment from Yallrwrong.
Please read the whole blog before you reply.!!
I do not consume alcohol, thank you..
But after this I just may have a beer..lmao
the libarian

Palatka, FL

#14 Aug 12, 2008
how do you know he has a pimple on his ass?
root issue

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Aug 13, 2008
pimple popper
Fact

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2008
I see Gator Deloach has escaped this poll also. He is a Sgt. why is he not on the list ? HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.
krebola nola

Lake City, FL

#17 Aug 13, 2008
Does Terry wear Creola shoes? I saw this odd guy at a bar once and it sounds like the guy you all are descibing.
come on now

Palatka, FL

#19 Aug 14, 2008
yallrwrong wrote:
hey i got news for ya'll.....sgt byers has done a great job and is learning how to adjust to be a supervisor just like we had to learn how to be a deputy when we first started....there are much more problems at the sheriff's office then sgt byers. if you guys and girls that are bad mouthing byers why did u not test for sgt? ohhhhh probaly either cause u did test a failed like hell or maybe just did not test at all because u know you would not have
past it or made a pimple on byers ass as a sgt. now that we have got that figured out and ya'll have all been provn retards and someone just trying to start trouble why dont ya'll worry about your selfs because that is a full time job of its own. Now to SERGEANT BYERS GREAT JOB AND DON"T WORRY ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS OF THEE OWN AND WONT TAKE CARE OF THOSE BUT THEY WILL TEND TO EVERYONE ELSES BUSINESS>>>>POINT PROVEN
come on no i cant figure it out but one of yall has got to be byers trying to make himsef feel good
32177 palatka

Palatka, FL

#20 Aug 14, 2008
Fact wrote:
I see Gator Deloach has escaped this poll also. He is a Sgt. why is he not on the list ? HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.
thats because sgt. Deloach is one of the better sageants at the S.O.
typical palatka

United States

#21 Aug 14, 2008
Can you all learn how to spell SERGEANT? I can see why the deputies are not paid as well as other areas. They are illiterate in Putnam County.

All of the other listed SERGEANTS are tested. Deloach is appointed. Maybe Deloach should have tested for a position, then he could be a legitimate SERGEANT. Another political appointment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breada gallo arrested battery (Jan '17) Apr 26 miller sucks 17
News Judge Scott DuPont says he has learned from mis... Apr 26 miller sucks 1
Joe Wells and his LIES (Jul '13) Apr '18 Wells is corrupt 15
PCSO Rights Violation Video (Jul '13) Apr '18 Wells is corrupt 29
Hardy arrested on 7/25/17 for DUI (Jul '17) Apr '18 N608N608N608 2
Hardy hiding his past (Jan '12) Apr '18 N608N608N608 85
Does anyone out there know Mark Fowler? (Jul '13) Feb '18 Sofiea 4