joe

Roanoke, VA

#1 Jul 28, 2011
Does anybody that knew Wallace Thrasher have any good stories about him by chance? He's been profiled on WSLS and Americas Most Wanted in the last few years.
annon

United States

#2 Oct 30, 2011
joe wrote:
Does anybody that knew Wallace Thrasher have any good stories about him by chance? He's been profiled on WSLS and Americas Most Wanted in the last few years.
I wouldn't call it a good story, but I know who he was playing cards with while after his plane crashed and he was supposedly dead.
Those guys were supposed to testify that they were playing poker on such and such night, but before they had to take the stand his wife said she thought he had died in the original crash, but then another man came to her house and gave her is last effects- wallet, wedding ring, and watch and said that he had crashed and died in another place.
I have heard from very reliable sources that he got into the business for the thrill; not the money.
He was also featured on Unsolved Mysteries back in the day. Those same reliable sources said they bet that the Colombian cartel killed him after he hit the DEA's radar.
joe

Little Rock, AR

#3 Nov 1, 2011
That's interesting. I wonder if Nelson King is alive. I think he refused to testify about his knowledge of what happened to Thrasher. So he obviously knew something. I kind of think he may be alive since there's been sightings and they're advertising his wanted status. WSLS and Americas Most Wanted have had stories recently.

So you're saying he was hiding out in VA still after the first supposed crash?

I wonder why Olga thought King stole the money?
porter sam downey

AOL

#4 Jul 27, 2012
annon wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't call it a good story, but I know who he was playing cards with while after his plane crashed and he was supposedly dead.
Those guys were supposed to testify that they were playing poker on such and such night, but before they had to take the stand his wife said she thought he had died in the original crash, but then another man came to her house and gave her is last effects- wallet, wedding ring, and watch and said that he had crashed and died in another place.
I have heard from very reliable sources that he got into the business for the thrill; not the money.
He was also featured on Unsolved Mysteries back in the day. Those same reliable sources said they bet that the Colombian cartel killed him after he hit the DEA's radar.
I HEARD HE CRASHED IN JAMICA AND PAID OFF THE POLICE AND LIVES IN KINGSTON . I KNOW I --- HIM AND WIFE. HE IS ABOUT 74 NOW. I GREW UP WITH WALLACE AND JOHN HIS BROYJRT AND DELIVERED PAPERS TO HIS MOM AND DAD. PLAYED BAALL WIT JOHN. THEY CALLED ME "SAM THE MAN" 61 FLOYD LANE McGILL VILLAGE PEW-VILLE.GOOD LUCK WALLACE AND GOD BLESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pulaski County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supplier for candle maker locating here (Jun '14) Jun '14 giggity 1
News Postal customers respond to food drive (May '14) May '14 Postman Jack 1
News Volvo Trucks Pulaski County plant to lay off 30... (Nov '12) Jul '13 AreYouSerious 12
News Wolf Creek Haunted House (Nov '08) Apr '13 HarleyTeeFord 6
how is the jail there (Sep '12) Mar '13 ding dong 3
South Eastern Water Association (Oct '12) Oct '12 Peace to you 1
News Pulaski County man arrested in dump truck shooting (Mar '12) Mar '12 Yallnasty 3
More from around the web