Deputy arrested - Lamar Ledger

Deputy arrested - Lamar Ledger

There are 62 comments on the Lamar Ledger story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Deputy arrested - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

A Detention Deputy for the Prowers County Sheriff's Department was fired after a lengthy investigation led to his arrest on charges of sexual assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

ON YOUR SIDE

Colorado Springs, CO

#27 Oct 1, 2010
Reese and Family stay up and Pray up...Always remember that GOD is good all the time..We are praying the eye of the judge will be open and whatever was ment for evil GOD will turn it around...GOD knows the truth..And no matter what people are saying.. Talk is cheap.. that why people can post FREE stuff..
We believe in you and will stand by your side...
You when bad things come to people it make us stronger...And you know your doing the work that GOD called you to do..The Devil wants to break you down dont listen to him..just tell him to get be find you and walk with you head up high..put the devil under your FEET and send him(DEVIL) back to HELL..Where he belongs...
USE your FAITH in GOD and it all will be O.K...And when its all over you will how GOD is ON YOUR SIDE..(JUST LIKE ALL OF US IN COLORADO SPRINGS AND LAMAR AND LAJUNTA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD...)STAY STRONG..YOU WILL SEE HOW WOUNDERFUL GOD IS....
cant believe you all

Holly, CO

#28 Oct 1, 2010
This reaction from all of you is why i don't believe this information should be released till a person has his/her day in court. You all have convicted him with out a trial. You all act like an inmate would never lie. You all would convict him on a poorly written article. You all seem to know more facts than what was published in paper or could it just be rumor. We all need to let him have his day in court let the evidence be heard by a jury like it should be. You all sound like a lynch mob.
Colorado Rick

Lamar, CO

#29 Oct 1, 2010
While I am a big supporter of our legal system, due process, and ‘innocent until proven guilty’, there are a few things mentioned in this very brief article that would give me cause or concern for this ‘former’ deputy’s innocence. This is predicated by the information that he was not only arrested, but also fired from his position with the jail.

Law enforcement tends to stick together. They are routinely the target of allegations of misconduct and corruption by those on the opposite side of the law, even those who are the recipient of a measly traffic ticket. This is why, when an officer or enforcement personnel is accused of wrongdoing, they are usually placed on leave of some kind during investigation. You see it in the news all the time, an officer accused of a heinous offense and “was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation…”.

But wait, it says there was a lengthy investigation, and said deputy was fired and arrested. Either he had no support, or there was some very persuading evidence. I won’t state anything else about the morality or integrity of the man, but I won’t say it looks good for him either.

To the IDIOT spouting allegations of child molestation, either prove it or take your [email protected] somewhere else. It is a small town, and ‘people’ talk.‘People’ are also ignorant, clueless, and semi-retarded a lot of the time, so there you go. Unless you have proof, not just your brother/cousin who knows the sister/daughter, and told your granny/BFF, then shut up! Shhh… stuff a shhhh in it… go and get you a big back of shhhh, and eat a handful… shhhhhhaaaaduppayuuuuufaaaaaaa ace… shh! This is what you’re doing..BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH… this is what I want you to do…
ReadTheStoryIdio t

Holly, CO

#30 Oct 2, 2010
Read the story you ignorant P.O.S. It has nothing to do with a child. It never has had anything to do with a child.

Everyone judging him based on the few sentences the pitiful rag this town has for paper reported needs to shut their mouths.

Further more, anyone that knows Reece, knows what kind of person he is. WE STAND BESIDE HIM 100%.

Your comments are completely uncalled for & are based on absolutely no fact, only gossip which this town is oh so greatly known for. However as someone said before this is a free country, and unfortunately that means that ignorant schmucks like you all can post untruths about innocent people.

And again I state for the record - ANYONE THAT KNOWS REECE, KNOWS WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE IS AND WE STAND BEHIND HIM 100%.
Idiots wrote:
O.K yeah lets give him the benefit of the doubt, while he molests another child, you stupid %^ck, there's a special place in hell for sick monsters like this. Who cares about what his family is going through, they'll get over it, what about this child and the other children he's done this too, because 95% of molesters have molested before, what about what they are going through and will go through for the rest of their lives! Yeah lets spare this sickos feelings, give me a break, you're just as sick for defending him!!!
concerned

Waterloo, Canada

#31 Oct 2, 2010
Finally someone with sense posts, I agree with your post. It was what I first thought of, they stick together. But, I also know the Sheriff's Department has been notorious for their sex/affair scandals with each other and inmates. There are only a small few who are not looked down on, but are good deputies. Its the others who cause concern that make me wonder if this is true, as Reece has always been an all around good guy. I'm not saying he is innocent and this don't look good for him, just You would have to wonder if he is the fall guy. Not like the Sheriff's department hasn't covered things up before. Let's not also forget an inmate made these allegations, how credible is she?? So,think before everyone smears his and his families name, because nobody really knows what the truth really is!
Colorado Rick wrote:
While I am a big supporter of our legal system, due process, and ‘innocent until proven guilty’, there are a few things mentioned in this very brief article that would give me cause or concern for this ‘former’ deputy’s innocence. This is predicated by the information that he was not only arrested, but also fired from his position with the jail.
Law enforcement tends to stick together. They are routinely the target of allegations of misconduct and corruption by those on the opposite side of the law, even those who are the recipient of a measly traffic ticket. This is why, when an officer or enforcement personnel is accused of wrongdoing, they are usually placed on leave of some kind during investigation. You see it in the news all the time, an officer accused of a heinous offense and “was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation…”.
But wait, it says there was a lengthy investigation, and said deputy was fired and arrested. Either he had no support, or there was some very persuading evidence. I won’t state anything else about the morality or integrity of the man, but I won’t say it looks good for him either.
To the IDIOT spouting allegations of child molestation, either prove it or take your dumb **** somewhere else. It is a small town, and ‘people’ talk.‘People’ are also ignorant, clueless, and semi-retarded a lot of the time, so there you go. Unless you have proof, not just your brother/cousin who knows the sister/daughter, and told your granny/BFF, then shut up! Shhh… stuff a shhhh in it… go and get you a big back of shhhh, and eat a handful… shhhhhhaaaaduppayuuuuufaaaaaaa ace… shh! This is what you’re doing..BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH… this is what I want you to do…
lamarguy

Manzanola, CO

#32 Oct 2, 2010
way to go ColoradoRick. and oh yes good news. your sister will be here in the middle of the month. great post too. just look at denver, they are putting cops on admisistrative leave all the time...denver SO beats a man to death and the coroner calls it a homicide. then the DA files no charges.

I do hope its a good outcome here. just have to wait and see and small towns as well as big towns convict people before the trial. so on with it folks. thanks for the inputCR. lamarguy
proudcardinalfan

Las Animas, CO

#33 Oct 2, 2010
Reece hasnt been convicted and some are already there to hang him! I guess its easy for people that dont know him to place judgement on him but if you are going by what he looks like in a picture then let us go by what you all say bad against him and call you child molesters and criminals. Never place judgement on someone unless you know facts and the only ones that know the facts are Reece and the accuser. This man is a hero to my child and yes my child is a girl and I would trust Reece in a heart beat to take very good care of her and not harm her in any way. I hope if it comes to Jury that those who already assume he is guilty arent the ones chosen for Jury duty. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. He has only been accused! Someone said who cares about his family...what kind a person would say that? This man is very caring, considerate and always willing to help others and is an awesome person. It sounds like someone needed to place blame and Reece got to be the chosen one. If this was all true then why did the FORMER inmate not say something to someone sooner? Maybe instead of immediately placing a guilty verdict on Reece you should all look at the woman making the accusations. Just remember your judge and jury will come later in life so dont be so quick to judge unless you know all the facts. We have and always will stand behind Reece and hope you are all just as quick to apologize for your harsh words when he is found NOT GUILTY! No one is ever as quick to say they are sorry as they are to place blame! One day it could be you and would you want to hear horrible things about you without people knowing you? My daughter isnt related to him and all the hurtful words are tearing her apart, I can only imagine what his own family is feeling when they ready what mean things you have to say. A STUPID PERSON MAKES JUDGEMENTS AGAINST PEOPLE THEY DONT KNOW. You all act like because he was accused then he is guilty. This could be your family member just remember that!
ReadTheStoryIdio t

Holly, CO

#35 Oct 3, 2010
You.....Are an ignorant, sad excuse for a human being. From the sounds of it you are pretty chummy with the frequent visitors to the jail, great company you must keep.

You obviously don't know Reece, but I do and WE STAND BEHIND REECE 100%.
just me wrote:
Im sure she isn't the only one he assulted. Positive there will be more to step up and accuse him.HE IS A PERVERT!!!!! And anyone who has been in jail will agree to that!!!!!!!!!!
pitifuljimfaull

Yuma, AZ

#38 Oct 3, 2010
God Job sheriff office? One of those tyrants is accussed of raping (more or less) a defenseless inmate. I hope he goes to prison where they just love loser rapist cops. You must be related to this someone in the prowers county sheriffs office.
onerequestplease

Yuma, AZ

#39 Oct 3, 2010
I only have one comment and it's a request. When this rapist is convicted can we please use a picture of him in his deputy uniform on the prowers county sex offender website? That would be ironic.
soyousay

Swink, CO

#40 Oct 4, 2010
It is amazing how many "experts" there are in Lamar. Of course you know everything about what happened. Really? Why not just form a lynch mob and hang him from the stoplight in downtown? Of course if the "experts" have all the information, surely the won't mind the same railroading happening to one of their family members. Is there any possibility of an equitable outcome in this case? NO WAY! Hopefully, the investigation will get all the facts, however, from past experience I doubt the locals can be trusted with this task either.
Anyone else have concerns about the leadership of the sheriff's office? I guess we will see when the next election happens. Like most years - NOTHING!

ReadTheStoryIdio t

Noblesville, IN

#41 Oct 4, 2010
Once again I beg the answer....where do you people get your information? Were you there? Do you know what happened? I didn't think so. The assumptions ignorant people make are absolutely amazing to me.

As I have said before and I will say it again....Those that know Reece, know what kind of person he is.

WE STAND BESIDE HIM & SUPPORT HIM 100%.
wow

Walsh, CO

#42 Oct 4, 2010
Ya know....now it, to a degree, inocent or not this gut will have to live with the accusation for the rest of his life. If he is inocent the 'due process' will not take away the stigma that is placed on him for the rest of his life!
carn

Grand Junction, CO

#43 Oct 4, 2010
One observation, which has nothing to do with Reece's guilt or innocence: Why was the allegation made by a "former" inmate? Why not file a complaint when the incident(s) happened, rather than waiting until he or she was out of jail?

Maybe the victim knew their complaint would go nowhere (be ignored), or be brushed under the rug ('lost'), if it was made while they were still incarcerated? Hmmm ...
nothing surprises me

Ordway, CO

#44 Oct 4, 2010
If the shoe fits, cops all stick together and if she would have reported this while she was incarcerated it damn sure would have been "lost" Prowers deputies are all clowns. If Reece is that great of a guy, these accusation wouldnt be on him you think? Bad things dont happen to GOOD people, he's a perv, he did it and now hopefully he pays for it.
if you only knew Lame-R

Waikoloa, HI

#45 Oct 4, 2010
I have Known Reece for years now. And as all of us writting these comments noone but god , Reece, and this former "inmate" knows what happened. To those talkin S%^$ you need to grow up. I have three children and would trust Reece with them anytime of the week over some of you dummies. He is a very good person. It is funnt how Lame-R protects the inmate more than there own an anyone from Lame-R knows wat I am saying. I lived there most of my life and am glad i am not there anymore. I am behind Reece and his family 100% of the way. I will keep them in my prayers as well. I pray for all you ignorant people who are judging him without first knowing him as a person and second knowing the whole story. it is funny how everyone will back up an Inmate who clearly gets into trouble with the law, but turn their back on a Family man who has never been in trouble give me a break. I think some people have there morals all mixed up. Love Ya Reece and Family and praying for the best!
just me

Grand Junction, CO

#46 Oct 4, 2010
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! QUIT DEFENDING THE PERVERT!!!!!
Out West

Denver, CO

#47 Oct 4, 2010
This man has been accused of something that will follow him for a very long time whether or not he is guilty. I don't know him, don't know anything about the situation, but it sure seems there has been a rush to judgment here.
Why not let the investigation continue and see how this develops? Maybe he is guilty of a crime and maybe he isn't. In the meantime, those who are making horrible comments about him and saying they don't care about how their comments affect his family should be ashamed of themselves. I am old enough to know that often it is those who howl the loudest about the sins of others who are guilty of the same or worse.
carn

Grand Junction, CO

#48 Oct 4, 2010
Excellent points, Out West. I think the entire jail staff should be investigated, by an agency OUTSIDE the department. Reece very well could be a fall-guy, as someone mentioned earlier.
if you only knew Lame-R

Waikoloa, HI

#49 Oct 4, 2010
Thank you out west very good point. And to just me judge not unless you be judged first! you can not talk shit about a person you don't even know when you don't have the whole story in front of you. I come from that crapy town and can tell you first hand that shaddy stuff happens all the time and it is usually the inocent that take the fall because they are an easy scape goat. And I know this man first hand so I can blah blah blah all I want. He is like family to me and my children, So her is some more Blah Blah Blah for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prowers County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four arrested on drug charges - Lamar Ledger (Jun '10) Dec '13 concerned 26
News Rare night tornadoes reported in Colo. (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dave 1
News Council votes on Caged Conflict, new liquor sto... (Mar '11) Mar '12 Free Market 44
News Bristol man arrested on cocaine charges - Lamar... (Feb '11) Oct '11 Dthizzle 9
News Social Security Services no longer offered in L... (May '11) May '11 Cathy T 7
News Board meets to discuss Big R property - Lamar L... (May '11) May '11 menny banks 1
News County bans medical marijuana - Lamar Ledger (Dec '10) May '11 Dthizzle 61
More from around the web