President Obama Unveils New Jobs Init...

President Obama Unveils New Jobs Initiative - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

There are 64 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 9, 2012, titled President Obama Unveils New Jobs Initiative - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

President Obama spent much of his afternoon in central Virginia using a newly opened manufacturing facility as a back drop for his message of creating jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

heh

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Mar 10, 2012
FreelanceEMT wrote:
I'm so glad to see president obama personally helped open up over 100 jobs in that factory.(sarcasm)
Or at least that's what the liberals would have you believe.
Actually your Repuglican Gov Mcdonnell took the credit

His announcement:
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2012/mar/0...
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Mar 10, 2012
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<quoted text> Which majority would that be? Nero had TWO years with a super majority in the House and Senate and the Democrats still control the Senate. Ronald Reagan NEVER had a Republican House and only had a Republican Senate for 6 years. But then Reagan was a LEADER, not a community organizer.
Nero is doing what he can now, in spite of Congress' lack of concern for the country. I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Mar 10, 2012
FreelanceEMT wrote:
I'm so glad to see president obama personally helped open up over 100 jobs in that factory.(sarcasm)
Or at least that's what the liberals would have you believe.
Read the article. It doesn't state her personally helped open up jobs in that factory.

He used the facility as an example of new high tech job opportunities and to promote his initiative which "would help Virginia colleges and universities work together with companies" to train people to get those jobs.
Ron Burgundy

United States

#24 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nero is doing what he can now, in spite of Congress' lack of concern for the country. I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls.
You didn't answer the question! Which majority in Congress?? I guess you just won't admit that you are clueless as indicated by the feedback on this forum.
jobs jobs jobs

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Mar 10, 2012
only jobs he even thinks are needed are gubbmint and union jobs that skim the dues into his campaign funds.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Mar 10, 2012
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't answer the question! Which majority in Congress?? I guess you just won't admit that you are clueless as indicated by the feedback on this forum.
I can't believe how many have problems reading.

See post 22, to which you replied above:
"I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls."

jeez
Ron Burgundy

Monroeville, NJ

#27 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe how many have problems reading.
See post 22, to which you replied above:
"I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls."
jeez
I can't believe how many have problems comprehending. You wrote, "The majority in congress also has not passed jobs legislation. Why should they help the economy when it improves the incumbent-in-chief's odds for reelection?" Are you now saying that the Democrats do not want to improve the incumbent-in chief's odds for reelection? Are they finally wising up?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Mar 10, 2012
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<quoted text> I can't believe how many have problems comprehending. You wrote, "The majority in congress also has not passed jobs legislation. Why should they help the economy when it improves the incumbent-in-chief's odds for reelection?" Are you now saying that the Democrats do not want to improve the incumbent-in chief's odds for reelection? Are they finally wising up?
You are finally wising up. "I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls."

both ..'parties', i.e. repuglican and democrat.

The present majority has an added incentive for not helping the economy, i.e. re-election.
Ron Burgundy

United States

#29 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are finally wising up. "I blame both houses and parties for not cooperating and doing more, and so does 90% of the population according to the polls."
both ..'parties', i.e. repuglican and democrat.
The present majority has an added incentive for not helping the economy, i.e. re-election.
So we agree that it is the Democraps that are not helping the economy since they control the Presidency, the Senate, and as you suggest are not being helpful in the House. Glad you are finally wising up.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#30 Mar 10, 2012
"President Obama used the success of the Rolls Royce jet engine parts facility in Prince George County Virginia as an example for the nation to follow." Yep, he can't generate any private sector jobs so I guess we as a nation will have to put up with foreign companies coming in and taking our money back to their home countries. That should work out marvelously!
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Mar 10, 2012
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<quoted text> So we agree that it is the Democraps that are not helping the economy since they control the Presidency, the Senate, and as you suggest are not being helpful in the House. Glad you are finally wising up.
The democrats do not have the 60 seats necessary for voting majority. The reason why the current congress is deadlocked is because they do not have enough seats currently to pass their bills. The Republican'ts vote them down.

During the first few years when the democrats had enough seats to override the GOP, and right after obama inherited Bush's economy-in-ruins, they passed stimulus bill which saved thousands of jobs, and then bailed out auto industry saving thousands more jobs and even though repuglicants were against these measures, the economy is now turning around and there have been 2 years of job growth as a result.

#32 Mar 10, 2012
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<quoted text> So we agree that it is the Democraps that are not helping the economy since they control the Presidency, the Senate, and as you suggest are not being helpful in the House. Glad you are finally wising up.
Ron, you are 100% correct. Only problem is that you are dealing with a liberal idiot and unless you acknowledge that it is all Bush's fault, you will never get any agreement.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Mar 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
"President Obama used the success of the Rolls Royce jet engine parts facility in Prince George County Virginia as an example for the nation to follow." Yep, he can't generate any private sector jobs so I guess we as a nation will have to put up with foreign companies coming in and taking our money back to their home countries. That should work out marvelously!
It works out marvelously for Americans who can get jobs.
Jobs can turn the economy around.

I guess you would rather high unemployment like the GOP politicians who only care about their next term in office.

You may not have noticed, but many companies here in the United States have foreign equity stakes. Have you heard of China?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Mar 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Ron, you are 100% correct. Only problem is that you are dealing with a liberal idiot and unless you acknowledge that it is all Bush's fault, you will never get any agreement.
The topic of this thread is jobs.
What was happening to jobs when Bush left office?
Didn't Obama turn around job growth?

Here is a picture (graph) to make it easy for you to understand.

http://front.moveon.org/obama-vs-bush-on-job-...

Facts don't lie. But conservatives resort to lies and name calling when they run out of legs to stand on.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Mar 10, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Ron, you are 100% correct. Only problem is that you are dealing with a liberal idiot and unless you acknowledge that it is all Bush's fault, you will never get any agreement.
Oh, and stop talking to yourself huckron.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#36 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your Repuglican Gov Mcdonnell took the credit
His announcement:
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2012/mar/0...
Nice bit of propaganda you posted there. I just read the article twice and nowhere in it does he claim credit. I love how every time you post you further show why liberals are a bunch of lying sissies.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Mar 10, 2012
FreelanceEMT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice bit of propaganda you posted there. I just read the article twice and nowhere in it does he claim credit. I love how every time you post you further show why liberals are a bunch of lying sissies.
No propaganda. It was all over the news including NBC29. Gov McDonnell in the limelight announcing the jobs. Seems like a lot of publicity PR (credit) to me!

I was responding to your original post:

"I'm so glad to see president obama personally helped open up over 100 jobs in that factory.(sarcasm) "

Show me where he "personally" took the credit. McDonnell was grabbing for it if anyone was, way before Obama got there.

You post is another example of cowardly name calling and lies when conservatives have no leg to stand on. Nice job!

#38 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic of this thread is jobs.
What was happening to jobs when Bush left office?
Didn't Obama turn around job growth?
Here is a picture (graph) to make it easy for you to understand.
http://front.moveon.org/obama-vs-bush-on-job-...
Facts don't lie. But conservatives resort to lies and name calling when they run out of legs to stand on.
I guess figures don't lie but liars do figure. Please tell us EXACTLY how Nero produced all of these private sector jobs?
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Mar 10, 2012
More hot air, smoke, and mirrors from The Immaculated Chosen One, the Omnipotent, the Teleprompter King, the Motown-Mama-Marryin' Hip Hop BBQ Throwin' Chain-Smokin' Ball Dribblin' Hollyweird Crony-Stroking America-Bashing Incompetent Moron-in-Chief; Barack Hussein-as-salaam-alaikum Obama, mmm, mmm, mmmm.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#40 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
No propaganda. It was all over the news including NBC29. Gov McDonnell in the limelight announcing the jobs. Seems like a lot of publicity PR (credit) to me!
I was responding to your original post:
"I'm so glad to see president obama personally helped open up over 100 jobs in that factory.(sarcasm) "
Show me where he "personally" took the credit. McDonnell was grabbing for it if anyone was, way before Obama got there.
You post is another example of cowardly name calling and lies when conservatives have no leg to stand on. Nice job!
Announcing and claiming to do are two different things. My original post was made in sarcasm. I even put in sarcasm in the post so people would know. Guess you are more daft than I originally thought.

Anyway I'm done arguing with you. Id have more of a result if I bashed my head against a wall. Because in the end at least the wall would give in and admit a point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plan to unite PG fire services (Feb '14) Mar '14 logic 3
News Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
News Police seek to ID remains found in Prince George (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bob 1
News VIctor Starr (Jun '13) Jun '13 Samantha Starr 1
News PG gets new fire truck (Mar '13) Apr '13 SpongeBob911 44
News Prince George Parent Calls Discipline Policy Ab... (Feb '13) Feb '13 VN Vet 3
News Charlottesville Environmental Group Opposes I-9... (Dec '12) Dec '12 VN Vet 2
More from around the web