President Obama Unveils New Jobs Initiative - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

President Obama spent much of his afternoon in central Virginia using a newly opened manufacturing facility as a back drop for his message of creating jobs. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
grain

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 9, 2012
Odummer will make Rolls put out an electric car that cost $500,000 and goes for ten miles. That will be good for the average working man.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#2 Mar 9, 2012
"That billion dollar announcement is just a proposal at this point. It's part of the president's budget, which needs to first pass Congress. However, Congress hasn't passed a new budget in years."

That would be ever since Nerobama was inaugurated. Why won't the Democraps pass a budget?????

I guess now we will hear about Democrapic "leadership" from the libs.
oh yeah

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Mar 9, 2012
Politicians gotta say somethin whether or not it amounts to a hill of beans or not they don't care, just keep up the rhetoric.
George S

Hartselle, AL

#4 Mar 9, 2012
"...I would bet on American workers and American know-how any day of the week..."

A much better bet than relying upon crooked politicians attempting to take credit for the work done by the private sector.
George S

Hartselle, AL

#5 Mar 9, 2012
oh yeah wrote:
Politicians gotta say somethin whether or not it amounts to a hill of beans or not they don't care, just keep up the rhetoric.
True, yet, the news industry does not need to hand them free publicity 24/7. They could charge the politicians for advertising time, and thus increase the money flowing through the real economy.
speaking truth

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Mar 9, 2012
if obama raises my welfare a few more dollaes im gonna get one them there roollls royce
UTOPIA

Hopewell, VA

#7 Mar 9, 2012
Check out the Presidink's body language in the photo, looks like he is really happy to be there visiting with the little guys.
GoUVA

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Mar 9, 2012
I guess if you are married to the grinch you would say almost anything!
TEX

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Mar 10, 2012
GoUVA wrote:
I guess if you are married to the grinch you would say almost anything!
Oh you must mean his repulsive meddling better half
jane

Orange, VA

#10 Mar 10, 2012
Seems to me his "vote for me" visit to C'ville would have been better used in the devastated tornado states. I doubt if he even knows about that, since he is so busy chaulking up points for the next election. I hope the "intelligent" women of this country don't fall for his "Fluke" trick.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 10, 2012
grain wrote:
Odummer will make Rolls put out an electric car that cost $500,000 and goes for ten miles. That will be good for the average working man.
The plant manufactures jet engines, not cars.
Too bad for the GOP vote manufacturing jobs are increasing and the economy is improving. So much for "failed policies". See you in November, if you can stomach the vote for your candidate.
Ron Burgundy

Flourtown, PA

#12 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
The plant manufactures jet engines, not cars.
Too bad for the GOP vote manufacturing jobs are increasing and the economy is improving. So much for "failed policies". See you in November, if you can stomach the vote for your candidate.
Even a blind hog finds an acorn ever now and then..
torch

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 10, 2012
What another plan, what happened to shovel ready on the trillion in stimulis?

IF YOU DONT THINK THINGS CANT GET ANY WORSE FOR FOR OBAMA AND HE WILL SHOW YOU
Bob

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Mar 10, 2012
You've got to be kidding me. This is a slap in the face of every US CEO that President Obama had on his jobs council. After highlighting Siemens, a German company in the state of the union, you would think he would want to kick off his jobs initiative at a US owned manufacturing plant not a Brittish owned plant.

Great to see the jobs in Virginia, wish we had a President that was able to help American companies.
Sandy

Scottsville, VA

#15 Mar 10, 2012
They just tell you what you all want to hear; jobs, making money etc so that you will vote for them. How long will it take to see the politicians no longer represent the people but their special interest groups and PAC's?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Mar 10, 2012
Bob wrote:
Great to see the jobs in Virginia, wish we had a President that was able to help American companies.
like GM ?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Mar 10, 2012
Sandy wrote:
They just tell you what you all want to hear; jobs, making money etc so that you will vote for them. How long will it take to see the politicians no longer represent the people but their special interest groups and PAC's?
The majority in congress also has not passed jobs legislation. Why should they help the economy when it improves the incumbent-in-chief's odds for reelection?

the system is broke

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#18 Mar 10, 2012
I'm so glad to see president obama personally helped open up over 100 jobs in that factory.(sarcasm)

Or at least that's what the liberals would have you believe.
Jamie

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 10, 2012
President Obama turing this plan reminds me of footage of the late Kim Jong-il touring factories in North Korea. Just footage... reality is different...
Ron Burgundy

United States

#20 Mar 10, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority in congress also has not passed jobs legislation. Why should they help the economy when it improves the incumbent-in-chief's odds for reelection?
the system is broke
Which majority would that be? Nero had TWO years with a super majority in the House and Senate and the Democrats still control the Senate. Ronald Reagan NEVER had a Republican House and only had a Republican Senate for 6 years. But then Reagan was a LEADER, not a community organizer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plan to unite PG fire services (Feb '14) Mar '14 logic 3
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
Police seek to ID remains found in Prince George (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bob 1
VIctor Starr (Jun '13) Jun '13 Samantha Starr 1
PG gets new fire truck (Mar '13) Apr '13 SpongeBob911 44
Prince George Parent Calls Discipline Policy Ab... (Feb '13) Feb '13 VN Vet 3
Charlottesville Environmental Group Opposes I-9... (Dec '12) Dec '12 VN Vet 2

Prince George County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE