Misdemeanor gun charge filed against ...

Misdemeanor gun charge filed against Prince George man in Hopewell

There are 27 comments on the Progress-Index story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Misdemeanor gun charge filed against Prince George man in Hopewell. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

A Prince George County man who recently shot and killed a Hopewell man in self defense was charged with brandishing a gun at the victim's girlfriend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO justice

Hopewell, VA

#1 Dec 23, 2008
He deserves to spend the rest of HIS life in prison! This just goes to prove all the "rumors" about him were TRUE!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#2 Dec 23, 2008
How does this charge, also called official accusation, prove anything, has he been convicted? I could go to a Magistrate and put my right hand in the air and say anything in order to obtain a warrant, this does not make the statement true.
NO justice

Hopewell, VA

#3 Dec 24, 2008
I'm talking about the rumors... The rumors he was going around bragging about murdering Jeremy and the rumors about how he carries a gun on him!
hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#4 Dec 26, 2008
Voice of Reality wrote:
How does this charge, also called official accusation, prove anything, has he been convicted? I could go to a Magistrate and put my right hand in the air and say anything in order to obtain a warrant, this does not make the statement true.
oh yeh! its true
well

Nolensville, TN

#5 Dec 27, 2008
does this guy not have ant remorse what so ever??i mean pulln out a gun on jeremys GIRLfriend!!! joy is not and wasnt a threat to him , so why pull out the gun? 2 me thats sayn he"s either proud of what he did or jus plain heartless!!!
PG all DAY

Richmond, VA

#6 Dec 27, 2008
yall all just want to seek revenge... The INVESTIGATION shows that he acted in SELF DEFENSE! I think lil miss Joy and all the other Hopewell people are making lil lies and rumors... I mean is anyone pointing the finger at Danielle? Is she not the reason the Jeremy is now dead?!?! None of this would have NEVER happened if she would have not brought Jeremy to this party to seek revenge for Andrew "pushing" her off a four wheeler?!?!?!
Dave

Richmond, VA

#7 Dec 27, 2008
oh yeah you are talking about RUMORS? That explains why you are saying he should be in Jail the rest of his life... because you think all the rumore are true... again the RUMORS? lol
Karen

Richmond, VA

#8 Dec 27, 2008
And what about all the threats Joy and her friends have on MYSPACE? That would make me carry a gun on me at all times! And those are just rumors about him "being proud of what he did." From the INVESTIGATION it says he was in shock about what he did! THE INVESTIGATION STATES THAT NOT RUMORS! I would def. be carrying a gun on me at all times if I were him and if you were in his shoes right no, im pretty sure you would too! And if you think he has no REMORSE then you obv. dont know him that well so you go right along side with all those others spreading the redic. rumors! How sad!
RTV

Richmond, VA

#9 Dec 27, 2008
I would be carrying a gun on me all the time too and I would also let everyone know that I was just so they would leave me alone!
right or wrong

Powhatan, VA

#10 Dec 27, 2008
If someone is truly making threats to Drew's life as he claims then he should have them arrested, I see on Pg courts web site that he has actually been arrested for making threats in the past. I don't know him at all but the facts from courts web site and the paper show that he has made threats in the past, he drives recklessly, he pushed his girlfriend off of a four wheeler, he killed a man, and goes around waving a gun, at a girl! Yeah he sounds like a real sweet guy! There are alot of inconsistencies in this shooting story, I hope for all parties involved that there is a higher investigation that will answer all the questions and bring some closure to this for everyone.
Five Forks Genius

Petersburg, VA

#11 Dec 28, 2008
If Andrew had really hit the young lady, then she and Jeremy should have gone to the magistrate and swore out a warrant, rather than grabbing a gun, going to the property of another and barging in on a party. Jeremy getting killed was a tragedy, however, Jeremy would have never gotten killed where he did, had he acted in a legal way and not attempted to bully another. Like it, or hate it, Jeremy was the reason Jeremy was killed, he drove to the scene of the killing, brought a gun and started the action that resulted in his death. Now, the next question, when will Jeremy's friends grow up and leave it to the courts and I do not mean the court of public opinion?
Sara

Richmond, VA

#12 Dec 30, 2008
Looks like the little miss innocent Danielle McCall, the exgirlfriend, of Andrew, was arrested on December 27, 2008. Makes me wonder.... yeah you know the one who started all this bull, and the reason why Jeremy is not here today! Hope we see this in the news!
hopewell

AOL

#13 Dec 30, 2008
Karen wrote:
And what about all the threats Joy and her friends have on MYSPACE? That would make me carry a gun on me at all times! And those are just rumors about him "being proud of what he did." From the INVESTIGATION it says he was in shock about what he did! THE INVESTIGATION STATES THAT NOT RUMORS! I would def. be carrying a gun on me at all times if I were him and if you were in his shoes right no, im pretty sure you would too! And if you think he has no REMORSE then you obv. dont know him that well so you go right along side with all those others spreading the redic. rumors! How sad!
he pointed the gun @ joy and her freind, then the next day went for his interview with the progress
Index and says how bad he feels. Hmmm! Its really sad you have to resort to haveing a freind that is a murderer! that says alot about you! poor child! I will pray for you.
hopewell

AOL

#14 Dec 30, 2008
Five Forks Genius wrote:
If Andrew had really hit the young lady, then she and Jeremy should have gone to the magistrate and swore out a warrant, rather than grabbing a gun, going to the property of another and barging in on a party. Jeremy getting killed was a tragedy, however, Jeremy would have never gotten killed where he did, had he acted in a legal way and not attempted to bully another. Like it, or hate it, Jeremy was the reason Jeremy was killed, he drove to the scene of the killing, brought a gun and started the action that resulted in his death. Now, the next question, when will Jeremy's friends grow up and leave it to the courts and I do not mean the court of public opinion?
So you were there? did you know JEREMY? if you did. then you know he always had his gun in his car. RITE?{permit} and he did not need a gun for Drews punky ass. RITE? THE REASON JEREMY IS DEAD is because some SKEETED UP PUNK with the name andrew sulc CHOSE to shoot him and commit murder.
Five Forks Genius

Petersburg, VA

#15 Dec 30, 2008
hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were there? did you know JEREMY? if you did. then you know he always had his gun in his car. RITE?{permit} and he did not need a gun for Drews punky ass. RITE? THE REASON JEREMY IS DEAD is because some SKEETED UP PUNK with the name andrew sulc CHOSE to shoot him and commit murder.
Now, with all of your bluster, again, what did I say that was wrong? Did not Jeremy go to the domicile of another with a gun? If Jeremy had stayed away from that domicile would he have been in shot gun range? If Jeremy and the young lady had of obtained warrants for the original offense instead of going to Andrew's house armed would he still be alive? Now, since you are a friend of Jeremy's, would you care to answer these questions?
Sara

Richmond, VA

#16 Dec 31, 2008
funny thing is, is no one said i was andrews friend! thanks!
hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
he pointed the gun @ joy and her freind, then the next day went for his interview with the progress
Index and says how bad he feels. Hmmm! Its really sad you have to resort to haveing a freind that is a murderer! that says alot about you! poor child! I will pray for you.
Sara

Richmond, VA

#17 Dec 31, 2008
why would you have to carry a gun in your car at all times? just wondering.... he must have felt not safe or something.
hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
hopewell

AOL

#19 Jan 1, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
well the court day is the 26th of this month and then we will see the outcome you F****
kobe bryant

Hopewell, VA

#20 Jan 13, 2009
andrew sulc should def be in jail for the rest of his life but he only gettin off shit cause he know people in the pg court system so f*** that bullsh*t and him
kobe bryant

Hopewell, VA

#21 Jan 13, 2009
R.I.P Jeremy Atkins

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plan to unite PG fire services (Feb '14) Mar '14 logic 3
News Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
News Police seek to ID remains found in Prince George (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bob 1
News VIctor Starr (Jun '13) Jun '13 Samantha Starr 1
News PG gets new fire truck (Mar '13) Apr '13 SpongeBob911 44
News Prince George Parent Calls Discipline Policy Ab... (Feb '13) Feb '13 VN Vet 3
News Charlottesville Environmental Group Opposes I-9... (Dec '12) Dec '12 VN Vet 2
More from around the web