Eastern Ont. boy, 11, rescued from fr...

Eastern Ont. boy, 11, rescued from frigid Lake Ontario by pals, passerby

There are 1 comment on the CJAD story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Eastern Ont. boy, 11, rescued from frigid Lake Ontario by pals, passerby. In it, CJAD reports that:

Two young boys and a passerby are being credited with saving another boy from the frigid waters of Lake Ontario near Wellington in eastern Ontario.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CJAD.

Proper Penguin

Kingston, Canada

#1 Jan 4, 2009
These kids were on the "Ice Banks" that for from the shoerline out, and can be some distance off the water. Growing up here, it was one of the many things that your father told you never to do because of the severe danger of drowning in the fridgid water. Luckily the three boys all didn't
"slip" or get to close to the edge and fall in the water, and no one would of been able to call for help. I hope this will be a lesson for all young children, and adults in this small community-STAY OFF ICE BANKS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince Edward County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Endangered Blanding's turtles win court-ordered... Apr '15 tip of the iceberg 1
News Weather office warns of heavy flurries, poor dr... Mar '15 Ron 1
News Ontario Winery Profile: Strewn Winery (Aug '14) Aug '14 Wine 1
News Ontario Wine Wednesday: Small Talk Vineyards (Jun '14) Jun '14 more 1
News 8News Investigates: 'Road To Nowhere' (Jul '13) May '14 Clark 3
News Polar vortex claims another victim: Ontario grapes (Feb '14) Feb '14 over on other hills 1
News The Ontario government plays Santa to Ontario W... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dean 1
More from around the web