Officials Express 'Regret' For Massive Resistance - News Story ...

Full story: NBC 4 Washington, DC

Officials in Prince Edward County , ground zero for Massive Resistance in Virginia , are expressing their regret for the decades-old attempt at barring black children from attending schools with whites.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Adolf

California, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 9, 2008
 
What everyone should regret is the way it all turned out now.
SSDD

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 9, 2008
 
Welcome to the realy world Farmville.
Prudence Juris

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 9, 2008
 
Can you say "disingenuous"? What suddenly brought about this epiphany? It's like when one kid hits another and the parents tell them "say you're sorry." No one really means it, they just do it because they don't want to get in more trouble if they just said what they truly feel. If someone doesn't like me because of my race then just say so and keep moving. Don't apologize years later because you think it looks good to or worse things will happen if you don't.

If you really want me to know your regret what happened with school segregation, then do something that addresses the harm I suffered. A plaque on the wall won't help me or anyone else get an education. Pay teachers in minority and low-income communities a living wage. Give the educators the respect they deserve, they are teaching the future leaders of this country after all. And give the students in those communities the materials they need to learn.
Adolf

California, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 9, 2008
 
Prudence Juris wrote:
Can you say "disingenuous"? What suddenly brought about this epiphany? It's like when one kid hits another and the parents tell them "say you're sorry." No one really means it, they just do it because they don't want to get in more trouble if they just said what they truly feel. If someone doesn't like me because of my race then just say so and keep moving. Don't apologize years later because you think it looks good to or worse things will happen if you don't.
If you really want me to know your regret what happened with school segregation, then do something that addresses the harm I suffered. A plaque on the wall won't help me or anyone else get an education. Pay teachers in minority and low-income communities a living wage. Give the educators the respect they deserve, they are teaching the future leaders of this country after all. And give the students in those communities the materials they need to learn.
Yeah..future leaders of the Crips and Bloods.
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 9, 2008
 
Certainly mixing races in the schools was easy because the grownups could bully kids. I am not preaching hate here but the fact seems to be that both black and white children suffer from mixed education. Certainly no white parent would want to put a child in a black ghetto school. Probably the eleventh grade or so and no earlier would be the time to have mixed education and maybe not then. Some studies show, and I think it is in Pat Bucanan's book State of Emergency, that take the blacks and hispanics out of school studies and show only white test scores and the schools are doing quite well. I suspect there is a need for black and hispanic education geared for those groups. Whites have a right, as do asians, to not be dragged down by mentally slower classmates. The more intelligent blacks and hispanics could attend higher level schools and have the right not to be held back by those not interested in education. Feel sorry about massive resistance? The people in the federal government who forced the near destruction of public education should be the ones saying they are sorry.
CRock

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 9, 2008
 
Regret? Why?
User Input

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 10, 2008
 
G L Rockwell wrote:
I think it is in Pat Bucanan's book State of Emergency, that take the blacks and hispanics out of school studies and show only white test scores and the schools are doing quite well. I suspect there is a need for black and hispanic education geared for those groups. Whites have a right, as do asians, to not be dragged down by mentally slower classmates. The more intelligent blacks and hispanics could attend higher level schools and have the right not to be held back by those not interested in education. Feel sorry about massive resistance? The people in the federal government who forced the near destruction of public education should be the ones saying they are sorry.
Great points.

Although the facts are politically incorrect, the facts show that many black school kids do not perform at the intellectual level of their white and asian peers.

It is extermely unfair to saddle the white and asian children with a substandard education merely to avoid offending blacks.

Let the black parents show the interest in their children's education that white and asian parents do before we agree to limited integration.
poet

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 10, 2008
 
Judging from the posts, I see there is still no shortage of racism. The real pity is after all these years nothing has been learned. Even more pathetic is the obvious fact they will never learn.
User Input

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 10, 2008
 
poet wrote:
Judging from the posts, I see there is still no shortage of racism. The real pity is after all these years nothing has been learned. Even more pathetic is the obvious fact they will never learn.
So true Poet.

From the astonishing levels of criminal violence committed by blacks against people of other races, to the racist rap music blacks wallow in, We constantly see that racisim in America wears a black face.

And will blacks and their enablers in the white liberal community ever learn? Not likely. We'll continue to see them promote sick ideas such as perpetual black victimhood, welfare programs that keep blacks parasitically dependent on the productive white and asian community, and continued forced integration of intellectually limited black students into white suburban schools.

So sad that the truth about black racisim, black violence, and black degredation of our educatinal system is never spoken.
Adolf

California, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 10, 2008
 
G L Rockwell wrote:
Certainly mixing races in the schools was easy because the grownups could bully kids. I am not preaching hate here but the fact seems to be that both black and white children suffer from mixed education. Certainly no white parent would want to put a child in a black ghetto school. Probably the eleventh grade or so and no earlier would be the time to have mixed education and maybe not then. Some studies show, and I think it is in Pat Bucanan's book State of Emergency, that take the blacks and hispanics out of school studies and show only white test scores and the schools are doing quite well. I suspect there is a need for black and hispanic education geared for those groups. Whites have a right, as do asians, to not be dragged down by mentally slower classmates. The more intelligent blacks and hispanics could attend higher level schools and have the right not to be held back by those not interested in education. Feel sorry about massive resistance? The people in the federal government who forced the near destruction of public education should be the ones saying they are sorry.
Gotta love old Pat!!
Ghandi

Charlotte Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 26, 2008
 
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Prince Edward County Discussions

Search the Prince Edward County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Polar vortex claims another victim: Ontario grapes Feb '14 over on other hills 1
The Ontario government plays Santa to Ontario W... Dec '13 Dean 1
8News Investigates: 'Road To Nowhere' (Jul '13) Oct '13 Will 2
Deadly Home Invasion in Prince Edward County (Feb '13) Feb '13 blaster 119
Prince Edward County shootings leaves two dead (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tammy Ingram 2
Talk about Prince Edward County (Nov '12) Nov '12 hardrock 1
The delightful haven of Prince Edward County ha... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Andre 1
•••
•••
•••
•••