Educators debate letting children sle...

Educators debate letting children sleep later

There are 3 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from May 31, 2011, titled Educators debate letting children sleep later. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

If you take a walk around schools in Preston County next year, you might find some students with brighter eyes and a little more spring in their steps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

tma

Barboursville, WV

#1 May 31, 2011
I don't see why a child's life should be pleasant. It should be miserable! Get them up at 4:00 and make them do chores before school.
faithful1

Frederick, MD

#2 Jun 9, 2011
Maybe if the Preston Co line wasn't extended, and/or Mr Parsons would allow those kids that are an hour away from the school go to Tucker Co, this wouldn't be an issue. All the Preston Co Bd of Ed cares about is that money they get for each kid they have there. They don't care about the kids getting a quality education or that they have to get up early and go to bed later so they can attend that pathetic excuse for a high school.
Magenta

United States

#3 Oct 25, 2011
Im all for kids having the time of there lives in school i do think they spend way too many hours in school& then hours of home work too much! We shud b focusing on more exercise. Children have been bussed & cramed i to schools wby not go back to the smaller schools that are manageable and help our children grow without all this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Preston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James DeGasperin Sentenced (Aug '08) Apr '16 sad 8
kevin Miller aka fat cat (Jun '15) Apr '16 Watching 8
News Arrests Made on Day 1 of All Good Festival (Jul '11) Apr '15 ingiee 5
News Homeland Security seeking public information re... (Mar '15) Mar '15 ElmerStExpress 1
Paul "Boog" Shaffer (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tiredofpunkassbit... 1
Missy Shahan / Ricky Stout (Apr '11) Sep '14 Detective 3
Jason Kelly (Mar '14) Jul '14 mme 2
More from around the web