Annual Preston music festival rocks next weekend

Jul 3, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Daily Mail

The Preston County community of Masontown has a population of just 700 but thousands of music fans will gather nearby next weekend for the 13th annual All Good Music Festival and Campout.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 15, 2010
kylala

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

all good was good this year ... it is only my second show. the only thing concerns me or I would have second thoughts about going back is, it is all younger "kids" who aren't about peace, love and keeping our planet clean ... to some of these kids attending, it is only a show for them ... go buy some hippie attire and act nuts all weekend. but after the weekend it stops there. There are no "true" hippies out there ... if so they are far and few between. I've been around alot of people who would be considered hippies and they are the best people on the planet. they always have a smile on their faces, there is no violence inside of them, no negative thoughts, jut love for one another and the planet. so unlike what i seen at all good this year, there were three fights! that is fuckin unheard of .... sad peoples.
chris

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

So true Kylala.....had a great time again this year at Allgood. I thought security should of done a better job searching cars as them came through the check-point. I saw alot dogs walking around that should not of been there. How does one not see a dog in the car? The younger crowd got out of hand this year, they did make a mess out the place.Did anyone walk along Allgood ave? It was a complete mess balloons and other trash just covered the ground. The crowd that was hanging around where complete animals! The past few years going you didn't have to worry about anyone stealing any of your stuff. Our neighbors had all there food stolen out there coolers lucky we had a enough food to share with them. I'll be back next year for sure but i might consider the vip section. The clean-up crew will have there hands full. Masontown is a beautiful place.
Jack

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

The festival was amazing. Great music & crowd.
Unfortunately, as always, there's an undesirable element.
Also, some of the security were huge a-holes.

I heard this might be the last one in WV. Too much craziness for those hillbilly cops I guess, lol.
kylala

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

the night before the show, we arrived at 10:00 p.m. that was after being on the damn road for 7 hrs. we were told we could wait outside will call in that field. at about 2:30 these guys just told us to leave! the person who initially said we could all stay (as long as we were quiet, kept to our cars and didn't set up tents) was being cool until this idiot had to set up his tent and starting being an ass and running his damn mouth. so once that happened he radioed the guys and said people weren't going to coorperate so come run us out. the police were pulling people over left and right. what an experience driving back to morgan town at almost 3am! my friends and i had already settled in for the "night" if ya know what i mean. driving wasn't in our best interest. we made it though! but to the comment above about the "hillbilly" cops, i'd say that's about right. but ya know, that city is making a killing off the tickets they wrote.
it has been said that this was the last all good in masontown????? if anyone knows more about that then please let me know.
dave

Abington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Jack wrote:
The festival was amazing. Great music & crowd.
Unfortunately, as always, there's an undesirable element.
Also, some of the security were huge a-holes.
I heard this might be the last one in WV. Too much craziness for those hillbilly cops I guess, lol.
The VIP is so worth.
allgood things

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

yes it does suck, but thus is the lifespan of a music festival. When this show first came to WV it was the kindest place imaginable. Every one was good natured, kind hippies. You were able to meet the best people of WV, and everyone shared everything. There were zero police, and zero violence. As the years went by tho, that "undesirable" element became aware of the kewl hippies sharing "everything" for free, and brought back 10 of thier meth head buddies, who in turn did the same thing, until last year when they were so thick they pretty much ruined the event for many people. The problem is that the assinine cops cannot tell the difference between the good guys and the bad, and did more damage to the show than the undesirables. Too bad for all tose who missed the 04 and 05 shows. unparrelled. Its no longer worth the risk of going to prison for having a good time.
anonymoose

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

All Good was awesome this year. The biggest con for me was the amount of people that was there this year. With Further and Widespread headlining, it's not surprising that so many people showed up. Other than that, I never seen any fights or harsh people acting out, although I did hear some people saying they'd seen craziness going on.

I personally thought the staff did a stand up job this year compared to 2009. Last year the amount of balloons on the ground was 1000 fold what I seen this year. The porta-pots were much cleaner (though I still encountered some nasty ones), and I didn't see the trouble between staff and crowd I saw last year.

I don't believe this will be the last All Good in Masontown. The city and surrounding areas make way too much money off of it. The mayor even mentioned this year the possibility of building a permanent bypass for all of the traffic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Preston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Kelly Jul 24 mme 2
James DeGasperin Sentenced (Aug '08) Mar '14 HeeHaw 3
Jeff Snyder/Snider (Aug '13) Aug '13 Truth 1
BOE rescinds insurance vote (Apr '13) Apr '13 Kathy 1
puerto rican man arrested last night in valley ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 not right now 2
Police searching for man who abducted child (Feb '13) Feb '13 news 1
Parade Cancelled (Dec '12) Dec '12 ballerina 63

Search the Preston County Forum:
•••