Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of ...

Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of marijuana wrapped as gifts

There are 42 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of marijuana wrapped as gifts. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

DAYTON: Someone will find a few less presents under the Christmas tree this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
resident of springfield

United States

#53 Dec 12, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
Terry, there are a lot of corrupt cops out there. I came from a small town in Texas that is full of them. When I had to go to the police for a particular issue, I called the one cop on the force that I knew and felt was honest. It is not that I think every cop is corrupt, it is just my history.
Yes, I speak from “the other side of the cuffs.” This should not invalidate any of my arguments.
My experience is this: In 1993 I was busted for 4 grams of cocaine. When I got to the jail it was 3 grams; when I got bonded out, it was 2. Then when I went to court, it was 1. When my probation was revoked (for a new charge) it was trace amounts. In 1993 in Texas, the penalty for trace amounts up to 28 grams was all the same (2-20 felony 2). Where did the other coke go? My time in prison was due to violation of probation for possession of marijuana. So, the only charge I have been to prison for is possession of cocaine, but what sent me to prison was the pot. In no way am I trying to misrepresent myself.
A second case from the same town is quite similar. A woman received a shipment of 2 ounces of coke (to her home). The coke was on the scale when the cops busted in. She was arrested and went to court. At court she was read her charges of possession of 29 grams of coke (just over the 28 gram limit). She balked and said it was 2 ounces (56 grams). She even had her dealer agree to testify that the amount delivered was 2 ounces. When the judge ordered that all of the evidence be presented, the police could not produce the other ounce. She was freed.
Now, I have grown up quite a bit and gotten my shit together since getting out of prison in 99. I understand some of the law and have strong political beliefs in changing the marijuana laws.
I applaud your statements and wish we had more cops like you. Pot is not some great enemy that must be defeated. It should not be in the same league as cocaine or any other hard drugs.
thats a first, a dealer "willing" to testify on her behalf.
whyinolongerlive inpreble

Brandon, FL

#54 Dec 2, 2008
Having lived in Preble County most of my life, I can honestly say - the cops there are mostly NOT on the up and up. From the lowest right up to the prosecuters - there is corruption. I personally watched - shocked and horrified- as a prominent lawyer and a sheriff deputy ( who later became part of the pros. office ) sniffed coke in abundance at a party in the 80's. As a young adult, that really shook my faith in the "system".The advancement of the sheriffs deputy through the years has continued to shock and amaze me. If it's a simple traffic violation, why call dogs? The profiling they do is illegal - unless the dogs are called to EVERY traffic stop -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Preble County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder-suicide investigation under way in Prebl... (Apr '12) Aug 18 sidelines fella 7
News Eaton, Ohio police make four arrests in meth la... (Apr '10) Apr '15 loveprebleco 53
News Cold Case Project: 1987 triple homicide vexes P... (Feb '13) Oct '14 OEM Oasis 3
News Troopers Make Second Largest Drug Bust In Ohio ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fa Q 1
News Michelle Grubbs accused of aggravated arson in ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 wecantallbelosers 1
News Witnesses say execution prolonged with gasps, s... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Hang em high 3
News Unclear future for executions after man took 26... (Jan '14) Jan '14 mamma 13
More from around the web