Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of ...

Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of marijuana wrapped as gifts

There are 42 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Patrol stops car, finds 25 pounds of marijuana wrapped as gifts. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

DAYTON: Someone will find a few less presents under the Christmas tree this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Who would ride

Northbrook, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2007
Smelling this stuff all the way from Florida, I know he was weaving all the way down the highway.

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#2 Dec 10, 2007
Over $2000 for a pound?!?!? It never ceases to amaze me the "street value" put on drugs. The cops really have no clue.
I am curious as to the probable cause for the search. They are always the best pile of bullshit I have ever seen.
Class of 73

AOL

#3 Dec 10, 2007
Have a holly, jolly Christmas ...
kathleen

Millersburg, OH

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Merry Christmas Pot Heads! Light up and enjoy.
Santa isnt real

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 10, 2007
I guess it won't be a very merry christmas in that house!!

“OBAMA!!!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Akron

#6 Dec 10, 2007
Now that's funny! First santa can't say ho ho ho and now these homies can't even get blazed in front of the christmas tree. I guess that's what you call a nightmare before christmas (oops, can't say christmas either).
Lil Tyree Jr

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2007
yo. who be jackin' my weed delivery?
I better go see if I can get my donated gun back.
I gots to retrieve my weed.
Go Figure

Canton, OH

#8 Dec 10, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
Over $2000 for a pound?!?!? It never ceases to amaze me the "street value" put on drugs. The cops really have no clue.
I am curious as to the probable cause for the search. They are always the best pile of bullshit I have ever seen.
You sound mad. Was it on its way to you! I am very sorry for your loss!
good ole days

Cleveland, OH

#9 Dec 10, 2007
i remeber 3 things from my youth, 3.2% beer, Nixon resigning and Smoke at $40/pound.
The Whistler

Canton, OH

#10 Dec 10, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
The troopers pulled my brother over travelling from Arizona, with his wife and kids, motor home, pulled over in mansfield....... because...... are you ready for this..... he crossed the solid white line on the right side of the highway several times while the cruiser was tailing him. They had a dog car pull up right away and sniff the vehicle, they went around it 3 times sniffing the wheel wells especially..........Issued him a courtesy warning and sent him on his way........
Paul D Brown

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Dec 10, 2007
Must've been stocking up for Easter when the baskets need grass !
Led Zep Tonight

Norwalk, OH

#12 Dec 10, 2007
good ole days wrote:
i remeber 3 things from my youth, 3.2% beer, Nixon resigning and Smoke at $40/pound.
And you STILL can't spell,'cause you're RIPPED

again at ANY cost!

Merry X-Mass, dude.(Thanks to Walmart, we can't say the other 'mas, stoned or not!)
Autocop

New Albany, OH

#13 Dec 10, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
The probable cause was the dog hitting on the car. Once the dog hits on the car, you don't need permission or consent. Do you think your not gonna be able to smell 25 pounds of weed?
West Akron

United States

#14 Dec 10, 2007
good ole days wrote:
We're the same age. Remember "four fingers" for $15?
CFSmiley

AOL

#15 Dec 10, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
And you are an ass!
CFSmiley

AOL

#16 Dec 10, 2007
kathleen wrote:
Merry Christmas Pot Heads! Light up and enjoy.
I'm sure they are.. like you right?
and your sister?

Bloomington, MN

#17 Dec 11, 2007
Autocop wrote:
<quoted text>
The probable cause was the dog hitting on the car. Once the dog hits on the car, you don't need permission or consent. Do you think your not gonna be able to smell 25 pounds of weed?
The reason I am interested is because I was pulled over for a license plate light being out (which it wasn't - but there was dirt on the light which was good enough for the cops).
Autocop, I am not sure about this particular state, but in most states, having a drug dog sniff a car is a search. So, my question remains, what was the probable cause for the search.
Also, most people who would travel with 25 pounds of weed would use some method for covering the smell; coffee, fabric softner, etc.

Bloomington, MN

#18 Dec 11, 2007
CFSmiley wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are an ass!
I am curious Smiley, what makes me an ass?

“OBAMA!!!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Akron

#19 Dec 11, 2007
Yeah why is he an ass? Do you know what makes a person an ass, a so called grown ass person that has to resort to name calling because they don't have anything worthwhile to add to a conversation. I didn't see anyone calling you names just because they didn't agree with your opinions.

Since: Mar 07

Cleveland, OH

#20 Dec 11, 2007
nakedlobo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I am interested is because I was pulled over for a license plate light being out (which it wasn't - but there was dirt on the light which was good enough for the cops).
Autocop, I am not sure about this particular state, but in most states, having a drug dog sniff a car is a search. So, my question remains, what was the probable cause for the search.
Also, most people who would travel with 25 pounds of weed would use some method for covering the smell; coffee, fabric softner, etc.
Well you don't need probable cause to run a dog around the car, all you need is reasonable suspicion. If the driver had previous drugs arrests, was acting really nervous, or if you smell something in the car.

As far as your license plate light, regardless if it's working or not, it wasn't illuminating the plate, therefore giving reason for the stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Preble County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder-suicide investigation under way in Prebl... (Apr '12) Aug 18 sidelines fella 7
News Eaton, Ohio police make four arrests in meth la... (Apr '10) Apr '15 loveprebleco 53
News Cold Case Project: 1987 triple homicide vexes P... (Feb '13) Oct '14 OEM Oasis 3
News Troopers Make Second Largest Drug Bust In Ohio ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fa Q 1
News Michelle Grubbs accused of aggravated arson in ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 wecantallbelosers 1
News Witnesses say execution prolonged with gasps, s... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Hang em high 3
News Unclear future for executions after man took 26... (Jan '14) Jan '14 mamma 13
More from around the web