A Second-Amendment Fourth

A Second-Amendment Fourth

There are 8 comments on the Style Weekly story from Jul 6, 2011, titled A Second-Amendment Fourth. In it, Style Weekly reports that:

This year, Richmond observed Independence Day weekend the traditional way: with three big fireworks shows, lots of backyard bottle rockets, and 79 reports of random gunfire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Style Weekly.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 6, 2011
I doubt most people can distinguish the difference between gun fire and fireworks, which is a good thing. That says that over all, the majority live in a peaceful society.

Unfortunately, untrained and careless fools are in possession of firearms, legal and otherwise, and think they are the way to resolve disputes. Responsible gun owners carry openly (as is legal in Virginia) and concealed, and don’t recklessly discharge them.

Many people react strangely when they see someone open carrying. They think “OMG that man has a gun” and call the police.

Hate to tell you this folks, but the idiots that recklessly discharge their guns and “bad guys” DON’T CARRY OPENLY.

Next time you see someone walking down the street or out shopping and they are wearing a gun on their belt, remember, if they were a “bad guy” you would never have seen their gun until they robbed you.
not a teahead

Dallas, GA

#2 Jul 7, 2011
va_tazdad wrote:
I doubt most people can distinguish the difference between gun fire and fireworks, which is a good thing. That says that over all, the majority live in a peaceful society.
Unfortunately, untrained and careless fools are in possession of firearms, legal and otherwise, and think they are the way to resolve disputes. Responsible gun owners carry openly (as is legal in Virginia) and concealed, and don’t recklessly discharge them.
Many people react strangely when they see someone open carrying. They think “OMG that man has a gun” and call the police.
Hate to tell you this folks, but the idiots that recklessly discharge their guns and “bad guys” DON’T CARRY OPENLY.
Next time you see someone walking down the street or out shopping and they are wearing a gun on their belt, remember, if they were a “bad guy” you would never have seen their gun until they robbed you.
most are law-abiding, until they snap. the arizona shooter openly carried his weapon, does that make him special. boy if we only jumped that fool the very first time we saw the weapon.
you don't need a gun to rob someone, your ugly face would scare the loot right outta the pockets of unsuspecting persons.

Midlothian, VA

#3 Jul 7, 2011
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
most are law-abiding, until they snap. the arizona shooter openly carried his weapon, does that make him special. boy if we only jumped that fool the very first time we saw the weapon.
you don't need a gun to rob someone, your ugly face would scare the loot right outta the pockets of unsuspecting persons.
LOL Even if I saw you face to face coward, it would not make me snap and shoot you.

You are not worth the cost of a BULLET.

Sucks to be worthless like you nothead.
not a teahead

Dallas, GA

#4 Jul 7, 2011
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Even if I saw you face to face coward, it would not make me snap and shoot you.
You are not worth the cost of a BULLET.
Sucks to be worthless like you nothead.
so says the Montana bound loose cannon.

Midlothian, VA

#5 Jul 7, 2011
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
so says the Montana bound loose cannon.
Already seen Montana. Best thing about it was that YOU and your kind were not there nothead.

Great scenery and magnificent hunting and fishing.
not a teahead

Dallas, GA

#6 Jul 7, 2011
please consider Montana as your permanent home. all of the anti-gov't, skin-head, neo-nazi, white supremacists, violent militias, and the like call that whole northwest area home.
TAz, that sounds like your kind of place.
i'm willing to sell you a u-haul truck to start the moving as soon as possible. one way is the only way to travel.

Midlothian, VA

#7 Jul 7, 2011
not a teahead wrote:
please consider Montana as your permanent home. all of the anti-gov't, skin-head, neo-nazi, white supremacists, violent militias, and the like call that whole northwest area home.
TAz, that sounds like your kind of place.
i'm willing to sell you a u-haul truck to start the moving as soon as possible. one way is the only way to travel.
No they would rather have a deranged gay racist Bible thumping moron like you out there nothead.

They are always looking for new dumb animals like you to shoot.
not a teahead

Dallas, GA

#8 Jul 7, 2011
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
No they would rather have a deranged gay racist Bible thumping moron like you out there nothead.
They are always looking for new dumb animals like you to shoot.
please don't give up this once in a life time permanent venture, tis all you have to offer with your old crusty crabby self.
PAUSE FOR THE CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Powhatan murder defendant says Taliaferro shoot... (Mar '09) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 5
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 2
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Accused Drunk Driver Leads Police on Wild Polic... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Powhatan reader 1
News Virginia Officer May Be a Little too Fond of Hi... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Rev_Kenneth 38
Cute Corgi Mix Waiting at Powhatan Animal Control (Jan '10) Jan '10 Karen 1
News Five correctional officers charged in dog fondling (Oct '09) Nov '09 animalbehaviorist 24
More from around the web