Powell Co. jail inmate dies

Powell Co. jail inmate dies

There are 79 comments on the Kentucky.com story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Powell Co. jail inmate dies. In it, Kentucky.com reports that:

A Powell County Jail inmate died Sunday morning at the University of Kentucky Hospital after being found unresponsive in his cell Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kentucky.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rip Van Winkle

Ashburn, VA

#61 May 16, 2009
excuseme wrote:
Melvin needs to fire you.If he wants elected when its time for him to run.
Melvin can't even spell his name he is part of the problem in this county.
dizzy

Mount Sterling, KY

#62 Aug 20, 2009
i knew brad from the 90s he was the most sweetest person you would ever wanted to meet God please the whole family my prayers are with you
whitney

Broken Arrow, OK

#63 Feb 7, 2010
brad was my uncle and i loved him just like the rest of my family. he was a good man..sure hes made some mistakes but hes the best uncle a girl could have. the things youve heard may or may not be tru but i miss him bunches and still wish he was here. r.i.p bradley monroe sons:)
Yes

United States

#64 Feb 7, 2010
whitney wrote:
brad was my uncle and i loved him just like the rest of my family. he was a good man..sure hes made some mistakes but hes the best uncle a girl could have. the things youve heard may or may not be tru but i miss him bunches and still wish he was here. r.i.p bradley monroe sons:)
Yes hon, your uncle was a good man. And, yes maybe he did have a problem but he should have never had to die while he was under the watch of the Powell Co jail.... This was not good. Let's just pray that another death like his will never ever take place again. When someone is in jail for what ever reason and they are sick then they should get medical attention right away... We should never second guess anyone when they tell us they need to go to the hospital... If they say it..then get them to the closest hospital. I am sorry but I remember when this happened, and your uncle did not need to die. He was just ... well enough said, may you always have fond memories. And..you are right he was a good man, he was just sick.
eagle eye

Belcher, KY

#65 Feb 15, 2010
Oh my God, the inmate was a drug addict hence detox cell. Stop all of the sniveling & either bring in an experienced professional jail administrator in like they have done in Bourbon County or close it down! We can't even house state inmates there yet!
paul david jarman

Winchester, KY

#66 Sep 30, 2010
does anyone up there know my brother,brian lacy?how"s he doing?what kind of time is he looking at?
FRANK CASTLE

Macon, GA

#67 Sep 30, 2010
paul david jarman wrote:
does anyone up there know my brother,brian lacy?how"s he doing?what kind of time is he looking at?
brian lacy is right where he belongs -and hopefully he will stay there until he's too old to remember being one of kys worst pillhead-theif -criminals !! he attempted to stab&kill someone over a drug deal! your his brother ? you want to know how he's getting along ?why don't you see him in person ?? they have visitation,..instead of asking people you don't even know on this forum- who only seem to enjoy bashing the poco jail??!!
Absolutely

Richmond, KY

#68 Sep 30, 2010
paul david jarman wrote:
Brain lacy is not in jail. Where have you been? And, if u were his brother u would know that he is not in jail...he just had to leave Powell C, for awhile.
FRANK CASTLE

Macon, GA

#69 Sep 30, 2010
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>Brain lacy is not in jail. Where have you been? And, if u were his brother u would know that he is not in jail...he just had to leave Powell C, for awhile.
you cant even spell his first name correctly - BRIAN lacy - son of RANDY LACY is a guest in the poco jail -and has been for quite some time . don't just take my word for it, visit him there , and see for yourself- im sure you know where the jail is!
Absolutely

Richmond, KY

#70 Sep 30, 2010
FRANK CASTLE wrote:
<quoted text>you cant even spell his first name correctly - BRIAN lacy - son of RANDY LACY is a guest in the poco jail -and has been for quite some time . don't just take my word for it, visit him there , and see for yourself- im sure you know where the jail is!
Sorry about the misspelling of the name. And, as for him being in Powell Co jail...The last I heard was that he was in jail and he took a plea deal. Part of the deal was that he was not allowed back in Powell Co unless it was to visit his father's grave. Perhaps he did something to break his probation...Hell I don't know, but there is really no sense in you getting on here and blasting me for not spelling his name correctly. I reckon I will pass on visitg him. Don't really know him..but I knew his dad. Anyway...next time you visit him perhaps you can let us know why he is back in Powell Co.
FRANK CASTLE

Macon, GA

#71 Oct 1, 2010
sorry for giving you a hard time for misspelling - i do it all the time- as for brian's plea deal to get shock probation ?? that fell thru sometime back -hes facing multiple charges here &other counties as well -if found guilty he faces 8yrs- but - he should be thankful , that jail time saved brian lacy's life - that boy was on a fast track to a quick death before he was arrested on those stabbing charges !! maybe now,he can get the help he needs to make his life better- in the future.
hahaha

Macon, GA

#72 Oct 1, 2010
Brian lacy is the biggest retard this county has every seen, so is his wife bobbie..., well i dont know if u can call her a wife she as cheated on him twice since he has been in jail, 1 of the i am 100% sure because i walked in on her and my brrother in the act... she is one of the biggest whore in all on powell county... and the lacy's are the most retarded family; brian, ted, garland, randy ,and the rest of them
shelia

Macon, GA

#73 Oct 5, 2010
i don't think you should drag the lacy family down because of that girl,yeah i know she's messing around on brian while he's been locked up , i saw her at my friends party in winchester getting all lovey with the mexican boy that she was riding with ! what's really funny ,she used to be married to that scumbag donnie sons- and hes in the jailcell right beside her new husband brian lacy!
me the exjailer

Georgetown, KY

#74 Dec 16, 2010
goodness wrote:
<quoted text>
the boy was in jail and died how the heck did he od get some sense!
prayers for the family, i am so sorry for your loss....
I worked in a jail and it is easy done if they come to jail high on drugs
no name

Enigma, GA

#75 Aug 18, 2011
they called an ambulance for my brother the first time the last time they made him wear amask that jail sucks
matt

Lexington, KY

#76 Aug 18, 2011
no name wrote:
they called an ambulance for my brother the first time the last time they made him wear amask that jail sucks
Your brother was in jail?
what

Lexington, KY

#77 Dec 11, 2011
when i was in jail they brought a girl in and they had to take her to the ER. And when they brought a nother one in they put her in detox and i sat out side the door and watched her and i know that don't happen with all the guards most of them don't care but there was a few that did.My heart gose out to this family.
what

Lexington, KY

#78 Dec 11, 2011
The Lacy's gave their own selfs a bad they don't need no help in that area.Com e on why even try and defend them everybody knows that the lacy's was dirty cops get real.
what

Lexington, KY

#79 Dec 11, 2011
The lacy's are not good people and everybody knows that and as for bobbie well he knew what he was getting when he married her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian whisman Aug 24 Truth 3
lawn mowing Aug 23 Mowing and odd jobs 1
Haley Maloney Aug 15 Queen b 2
Easy cheating women Aug 14 Cwf 1
josh jones Aug 14 sad to hear rumors 1
Looking for woman to give wife first girl on gi... Jul 31 Pleasing husband 1
Jeff Willoughby Jun '16 soo 1
More from around the web