Most inmate suits over prison staph i...

Most inmate suits over prison staph infections dismissed

There are 24 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Nov 13, 2007, titled Most inmate suits over prison staph infections dismissed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

CROWN POINT, Ind. -- A spate of lawsuits filed by inmates who contend filthy jail conditions spread staph infections behind bars are meeting with mixed court rulings so far. via The Courier-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Boerne, TX

#21 Oct 21, 2009
Sandy Langan wrote:
Let's try it again... I know what Staph is... I need to find statistical information on an institution. These places are basicly hog confinement lots for humans.
Just want to share with you my son was a Federal inmate, he and many other inmates got horrible staph infections from spider bites, there were brown spiders all over place, place out of city limits and these inmates had very infected flesh eating bacteria that send several to local hospitals for treatment. My son had fevers, pain, infection, headaches, and now has a horrible deep scar from the flesh that had to be removed. Please contact the prison network associations that fight for rights of inmates health needs. there has to be Inmate support groups outside the system that can refer you to proper authorities to get help.

Houston, TX

#22 Dec 15, 2011
Hey OP, acting like your shit dont stink...suck my balls. I chose to serve 3 months rather then 3 years probation. I got staph now. Prisoners dont deserve that no matter what. part of me wishes you get staph on your junk and then we see how you almighty...suck a big one. Ill pray u find a better way of thinking.

Valparaiso, IN

#23 Feb 6, 2013
They need to have cameras everywhere in the jail/prison facilities. Than there is proof of abuse on both sides. How can a person commit suicide if a camera is right there? There would be less lawsuits to save money. Yes, people who kill and hurt children should be there. Many others are addicts and have some mental issues. I suggest Thugs4less read up on victims of child abuse and learn some psychology about people. The jail is always going to be a revolving door if sick people are not helped. A child abused most of their home life who never got help and ends up an addict is sick. I'm glad I'm not ever going to walk in Thugs4less shoes. I never want to judge everyone who I don't know and never met. He must have one perfect family. God Bless him.

United States

#24 Jul 27, 2013
I just can't believe there are so many people in this country that are so quick to judge. I was born and raised by the old school and none of the old timers would say or think those kinds of things.
Besides staph is a very serious health risk, and anyone that goes into a jail stands a chance of contracting staph including all the personal that work there. This is a lot bigger problem and shouldn't be looked at with blinders on. It makes me sick people with such narrow minds. Our forefathers would turn over in their graves if they knew all the freedoms that have been taken away from all of us. Thank about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porter County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nurse faces felony charges after 'driving half ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 girltoshytocry 2
News Election board to discuss candidate complaints (Apr '14) Apr '14 americason 1
News If Boyfriends Asks You To Hold His Stash, Just ... (Apr '06) Jan '14 Colorado Chick 85
News St. Mary to build $18M clinic in Valparaiso (Nov '11) Sep '13 Norman 2
News Teen dies after taking synthetic LSD (Jul '13) Jul '13 americason 1
News Study: Half of Indiana smokers tried to quit (Apr '13) Apr '13 adam45 5
News Valpo teen removes electronic monitoring device... (Feb '13) Feb '13 LUVmYhORSE 1
More from around the web