One-man concert against high gas prices draws a crowd, and the ...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Jay Weinberg struck a chord with drivers when he staged an unauthorized concert on the roof of a gas station in northwest Indiana to protest high fuel prices.
Comments
41 - 43 of 43 Comments Last updated May 14, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LOVE it

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

ByronMoreno wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was blind-sided to high gas prices? Hell, anyone with half a brain knew it was coming 10 years ago. And, no, I'm not talking about Bush. I'm talking about global demand.
<quoted text>
Yes. "Raising awareness" is bollix. It's a euphemism for doing nothing.
What has this song done to change the situation one iota?
you can't change things overnight!!! and you would actually be surprised at all these people who lack half their brain, and all the convincing it's going to take. many people still argue and say to "DEAL WITH IT" like a bunch of drones--but how did MLK and Rosa Parks do anything about their situation? they DID something outrageous. and now that Mr. Weinberg has got some attention, he CAN speak to people as they did.

“You're off!”

Since: Jan 08

Quito, Ecuador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

LOVE it wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't change things overnight!!!
And what will singing a song do over two nights? A hundred nights? A thousand nights?

You have three possible solutions: increase supply, decrease demand, or find an alternative. I work with the latter two. Singing accomplishes none of the above.
LOVE it wrote:
and you would actually be surprised at all these people who lack half their brain, and all the convincing it's going to take. many people still argue and say to "DEAL WITH IT" like a bunch of drones--but how did MLK and Rosa Parks do anything about their situation?
Um, they did something. Or did I miss the part where Rosa Parks climbed up on the roof of a bus company and sang about sitting in front. Thank you for making my point.

What is courageous about singing a song? What does that change?
LOVE it wrote:
they DID something outrageous. and now that Mr. Weinberg has got some attention, he CAN speak to people as they did.
I can't decide if that is hilarious or sick.
LOVE it

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

yes rosa parks SAT in front of the bus until she got arrested. that was HER statement. MLK went all over the nation speaking to people--thus is what this guy plans on doing if you've been listening to any of his interviews. it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't see all of this--it's so obvious...maybe you'll change your mind when you start seeing him on national tv and when he is ACTING on his statements. THE END. you might also read his myspace blog comment RESPONSE TO CRITICISM:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••