You get to decide

You get to decide

There are 1 comment on the AdaEveningNews.com - Ada, Oklahoma story from Jun 30, 2010, titled You get to decide. In it, AdaEveningNews.com - Ada, Oklahoma reports that:

One of the great things about living in a representative republic is residents' ability to participate in the decision making process.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AdaEveningNews.com - Ada, Oklahoma.

Jim

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jul 3, 2010
OK folks. I've got one for you. Why is it that every time a holiday (besides Christmas or Easter) occurs on a Friday during football season or a Sunday, it is ALWAYS changed? A prime example is the 4th of July. Ada was to hold its celebration on Saturday instead of Sunday. I believe SUNDAY is actually the 4th of July this year. I understand they (whoever THEY is) have now cancelled the 3rd of July due to weather and rescheduled for next weekend. Hold on. I think they overlooked the 4th again! Come on! Don't the people get a say? I would venture to guess that the overwhelming majority of citizens would have enjoyed having the 4th of July on the 4th of July. Maybe I'm wrong. Where is our representation on THIS issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontotoc County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutor Starts Website In Response To Grisha... (Mar '07) Feb '17 Znrub 54
News Arrested Woman Concealed Weapon In Her Vagina -... (Mar '13) Dec '13 JimBob 4
News Inmate escapes county jail (May '08) Nov '13 Chris Baxter 12
News Ada couple charged with child abuse appear in c... (Sep '13) Oct '13 brandy 3
News Oklahoma state Senate candidate arrested Saturday (Jul '12) Jul '12 bobby shane 1
News Pontotoc County motorcycle accident sends two t... (Jun '12) Jun '12 justme 1
News Ada Public School teacher arrested in meth sting (Dec '11) Jan '12 citizen of ada 3
More from around the web