Polk Co. woman indicted for murdering significant other

There are 10 comments on the Jun 17, 2011, KTRE-TV Lufkin story titled Polk Co. woman indicted for murdering significant other. In it, KTRE-TV Lufkin reports that:

A Polk County mom is behind bars for killing her child's father. Daisha Tipton has been indicted for the murder of her live-in boyfriend Gervin Polite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTRE-TV Lufkin.

ruby thompson

Mermentau, LA

#1 Jun 23, 2011
haha good she deserves it! shes walking around town like she is untouchable. her time is limited
mandy

Livingston, TX

#2 Jun 26, 2011
He beat her. She'll get off.
nephew

Mermentau, LA

#3 Jun 27, 2011
i think they both beat each other up all the time. but she couldn't stand gerv when he was with other women besides her. she was fatal attraction.
J L D

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 5, 2012
I think it was wrong what she did. She took away someone we really love. He was a good man down inside. R.I.P. Gervin Polite. Much Love
The Modern Drunkard

Dallas, TX

#6 May 10, 2012
She'll get off on a mistrial or get a change of venue. The reason, that news story never used the word allegedly. That means anyone who reads the article thinks she did it thus tainting every potential jury member that read the article. Fine journalism that is.
jim

United States

#7 Nov 8, 2012
ruby thompson wrote:
haha good she deserves it! shes walking around town like she is untouchable. her time is limited
really ruby
Sad people

United States

#8 Dec 17, 2012
So i guess she and her family is saying she was beat now that she took too man from there children and family really she will get hers may god have mercy on your soul and i don't feel sorry for her for she a little woman and killed two men at one time
Lest ye judge

Suitland, MD

#10 Dec 27, 2012
It really shows what society is coming to when for years and years a man beats a woman to the point of him being tossed in jail for it and you all judge her for taking up for herself. When God judges each of us we will answer for our sins. And nobody has a right to judge when you have no clue what that "great man" did to his child or the mother. Lest Yeahhhhh judge oh wise few brainless ones..... Did you walk in her shoes? Did you take one ass whipping from that monster? I think not.
unknown

Houston, TX

#11 Nov 15, 2014
First of all she was beat almost every time they were together. He was a drug abuser and an alcoholic. Yes she would defend herself but if Gervin didn't get what he wanted he wold beat her while her daughter was screaming at him to stop.
peanut

Twin Lakes, WI

#12 Feb 7, 2015
Noone deserves to be beat!But,having said that,noone deserves to be killed for it.There are many other things to do instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third suspect in string of car burglaries sente... (Jul '12) Apr 11 olivianicole 6
News Affidavit: Onalaska man had sex with 14-year-ol... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Kamylou 1
News Livingston PD: Mother beat son, daughter with a... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Grant 1
News Rick Perry blasts federal release of immigrants (Mar '13) Mar '13 Researcher 1
News Livingston man arrested after stand-off with Ea... (Apr '11) Apr '11 jamie 1
News Sheriff: German national molests teen, attempts... (Apr '11) Apr '11 andrea 1
News *Breaking News* PCSO investigating murder (Jan '11) Jan '11 shawn 1
More from around the web