Deputy Accused Of Domestic Assault Waives Preliminary Hearing

Full story: WHOtv 41
A Polk County Sheriff's deputy charged with domestic assault and harassment waived his right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
South Side

Berlin, MD

#1 Jan 5, 2010
admin. leave, i bet were still paying him. If he is convicted the boys in the big house will show him the proper way to use a baton....I agree that the vast majority of our law enforcement professionals are out there, are outstanding public servants, but they know which ones of heir fellow officers are not suited for the job. But they have a mentality of the public against us, and they side with fellow corrupt officers rather than do what they know is fair. Tell me Windsor Heights won't let a $60,000 s.u.v. blow by at 15 over, but pull over a guy in a 92 celebrity for 3 over. Oh yeah when the cops seize a vehicle they get first crack at it at auction, tell me that doesn't breed corruption.
Redrockcarpentry

Largo, FL

#2 Jan 5, 2010
Throw The Book At Him Just Like They Would You And Me Or Any-Body Else. Just Because Hes A Cop He Should Be Made An Example. Besides Any-Body With Any Brains Would Know Alchohal,And Or Drugs Was Involed. Right Or Am I Wrong
neutral person

Ankeny, IA

#3 Jan 5, 2010
seems to me that cops are always guilty until proven innocent, how would anyone else appreciate that? i dont know this guy but in the past they always get a bad rap yet deal with things we could never handle...how about a little slack for the guy...
South Side

Berlin, MD

#4 Jan 5, 2010
neutral person wrote:
seems to me that cops are always guilty until proven innocent, how would anyone else appreciate that? i dont know this guy but in the past they always get a bad rap yet deal with things we could never handle...how about a little slack for the guy...
I absolutely agree, but you have to realize he has the power to take away your rights, put you in jail, or kill you. Cops always have the excuse that they are just enforcing the laws, That defense didn't work to well for the Nazi's at Nuremberg. You probably know as well as I do that he was the kid in grade school who was certain he was going to be in the Special Forces when he grew up. Special Ed most likely. Probably just getting revenge for all the people who picked on him as a kid.
Joe

Des Moines, IA

#5 Jan 5, 2010
Ever notice that when a cop gets an OWI, they always hit something, ie, non-cop witnesses?

You see public servents teachers, administrators etc in the paper for regular OWI, where they just got pulled over, but with a cop they always hit something.

Sure seems like if there's no cop witnesses, they are turned loose
South Side

Berlin, MD

#6 Jan 5, 2010
Joe wrote:
Ever notice that when a cop gets an OWI, they always hit something, ie, non-cop witnesses?
You see public servents teachers, administrators etc in the paper for regular OWI, where they just got pulled over, but with a cop they always hit something.
Sure seems like if there's no cop witnesses, they are turned loose
You're right, half of my wife's family are cops in Des Moines, the other half have been to the Joint. The only difference is the cops have the power to better cover their tracks.
GINA

Madison, NJ

#7 Jan 5, 2010
hope he gets the same treatment as every one else, yes he his a police officer but i am going to watch this case close, to see if he gets tha same thing the rest of us got or get .. we shall see we shall see
Concerned

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2010
Is this not the same man that was involved in a shooting downtown where he was carrying his gun in the bars and shot and killed a kid because he thought the kid was going to kick him?? OH MY-- Dangerous then and no justice. I hope he gets what he deserves this time and I would not think paid administrative leave would be an option. Julius-- I hope you finally get the justice you deserve--- I miss you.
Concerned

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2010
Oh and the shooting was St Patty's night March of 92
South Side

Berlin, MD

#10 Jan 5, 2010
GINA wrote:
hope he gets the same treatment as every one else, yes he his a police officer but i am going to watch this case close, to see if he gets tha same thing the rest of us got or get .. we shall see we shall see
Yesss only the guys in prison sure won't treat him like everyone else, Im sure the abuse and terror he has done to people will be re-visited on him ten fold. Maybe he should get boobs tattooed on his back while awaiting trial. That way he won't get hep-c from the needles.
Concerned taxpayer

Des Moines, IA

#11 Jan 5, 2010
Why is it when a police officer or deputy sherriff gets arrested for any crime, especially domestic abuse, they are placed on paid "administrative leave". No work No pay. This would save us taxpayers a bundle.
South Side

Berlin, MD

#12 Jan 5, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Oh and the shooting was St Patty's night March of 92
wow I didn't realize that, just assumed someone who treats his loved ones that way, sure wouldn't have any regard for the rest of us. Our upstanding law enforcement officers need to speak out, cops like him put them all in danger, making a tough job nearly impossible.
ohenry

Ames, IA

#13 Jan 5, 2010
More stories of Iowa police abuse:
http://www.glurb.com/local/showthread.php...
Just wondering

Ankeny, IA

#14 Jan 5, 2010
Doesn't a domestic abuse charge, require a 24hr stay in jail until bond can be posted? If so why was this officer let out after a few hours?
South Side

Berlin, MD

#15 Jan 5, 2010
ohenry wrote:
More stories of Iowa police abuse:
http://www.glurb.com/local/showthread.php...
awesome link. I'm going to go hide in my basement before the cops show up and arrest me for free thinking.
Runner

Albany, GA

#16 Jan 5, 2010
Just curious if any of you know his wife or have spoke to the wife's family. My guess is none of you have. It's amazing how by-standers toss in their two cents with absolutely zero knowledge of the true facts. I would suggest you all really think about how much you know of this particular case before tossing around allogations that the wife might read.
REMEMBER there is a wife and family members that are going through some things AND until someone has a master plan to propose to congress on how to run the judicial system I think we should let the system do its thing.
Concerned

United States

#17 Jan 5, 2010
My heart goes out to his wife and his family--- if his gun waving antics would have been corrected years ago when he was involved in the shooting of that kid the situation might be different. I hope he suffers horribly and that justice is finally taken for the life that was taken. Kharma does come back to haunt you.
truth only

West Des Moines, IA

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Concerned wrote:
My heart goes out to his wife and his family--- if his gun waving antics would have been corrected years ago when he was involved in the shooting of that kid the situation might be different. I hope he suffers horribly and that justice is finally taken for the life that was taken. Kharma does come back to haunt you.
Your vendetta has nothing to do with this incident. I know exactly what you're speaking of, and I'm sorry for your loss. However, truth be known, for those who don't remember, your young friend was hanging out in the Court Ave. area looking for homosexuals to beat up (gay bashing). He and his friends encountered some men walking together, one who had an earring. They began assaulting what they thought were gay men, but they turned out to be two off-duty officers. Your deceased loved one attempted to grab one of the officer's firearms and was shot and killed. Sounds like Kharma already came around. So please stop trying to cause drama over a completely unrelated incident that you obviously can't recall (or refuse to admit) correctly in the first place.
lawquest

West Des Moines, IA

#19 Jan 5, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Why do you think Julius was a victim? Do you think it's ok to assault homosexuals???? There's a reason this deputy wasn't charged in this case, and it's not because he's a cop. Too many authority haters out there. The only ones that have a problem with law enforcement are the ones who cause the problems in the first place.
JDH7211

West Des Moines, IA

#20 Jan 5, 2010
Redrockcarpentry wrote:
Throw The Book At Him Just Like They Would You And Me Or Any-Body Else. Just Because Hes A Cop He Should Be Made An Example. Besides Any-Body With Any Brains Would Know Alchohal,And Or Drugs Was Involed. Right Or Am I Wrong
Anybody with half a brain would also use spell check before they posted such an idiotic statement on the internet. There's your sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher Accused of Assaulting Disabled Student ... Jul '14 KARMA 1
Humbolt mayor, victim agree on restitution Jul '14 As8b1045b 1
Man charged in fatal home invasion Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Parole sought for woman sentenced to life as ju... (Nov '13) Nov '13 elvisa 1
Texas Gov. Perry Will Speak at Iowa Fundraiser (Oct '13) Oct '13 Just Think 2
Man hauled back to Des Moines to face sexual ab... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Questionable Beha... 1
Effort to stop immigrant voting rule fails (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good 1
More from around the web