Police Chief Weighs In on Panhandlers

Police Chief Weighs In on Panhandlers

There are 2 comments on the KGAN story from May 13, 2009, titled Police Chief Weighs In on Panhandlers. In it, KGAN reports that:

"I do alright like this. I exist. That's all I ask in life," said a panhandler. He would only his name is Jeff and he wants you to feel sorry for him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGAN.

“Drive it like you stole it!!”

Since: Dec 06

Iowa town

#1 May 14, 2009
I get so annoyed by these people. They want something for nothing. I would never give them ANY money. They need to go get a job like the rest of us.
terry

Des Moines, IA

#2 Jul 23, 2009
try working downtown Des Moines. They regularly go through our trashcans looking for cans and dig through the ashtrays looking for nearly smoked cigarettes. rarley do they ask for money, instead the ask for cigarettes. I never give them anything because thats just encouraging them to continue. They really should get a job as a laborer or whatever. just quit asking for handouts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Working Class Hero Feb '16 WATCHDOG 1
Say NO to Ted Cruz Jan '16 Concerned 1
ETP proposed Pipeline and Eminent Domain... (Jan '15) Jan '15 gina dahlstrom 1
News Teacher Accused of Assaulting Disabled Student ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 KARMA 1
News Humbolt mayor, victim agree on restitution (Jul '14) Jul '14 As8b1045b 1
News Man charged in fatal home invasion (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Parole sought for woman sentenced to life as ju... (Nov '13) Nov '13 elvisa 1
More from around the web