Anfinson back to prison until parole ...

Anfinson back to prison until parole board rules

There are 3 comments on the Des Moines Register story from Nov 5, 2009, titled Anfinson back to prison until parole board rules. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

A Polk County judge sentenced Heidi Anfinson to up to 50 years in prison on Thursday, but not without first expressing his own compassion for a woman whose life for many has become a symbol of the devastation caused by postpartum depression.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jan 12, 2010
I have heard that to prevent mothers killing their unwanted babies, they can legally leave babies at hospitals anonymously...I am sure ,though she was cruel, but she didn't need to kill her baby and put herself in such a dilemma...there were other legal ways...even if she was embarrassed if relatives knew she left her unwanted baby at a hospital, it was better than now and current embarrassment

Des Moines, IA

#2 Feb 5, 2010
This lady needs to be in prison. Post partum or not, who in their right mind not only murders their child but then goes to the extent to hide the body under a rock at Saylorville.
If the judge feels sorry for her, maybe he should afford the bill for a psychologist for her.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2010
It's amazing that in some parts of the country, if a woman commits a crime, they destroy her life.
But when an insurance company (guide one) cold-bloodedly destroys peoples' lives, being involved in the commission of hundreds of crimes, and all for MONEY, then those good ol' BOYS are just fine with that.
The DA should have been prosecuted as an accessory after the fact for refusing to even investigate the company's executives.
It looks like the company knew what they were doing when they settled in Iowa, where the simple-minded are ok with Godless, and ongoing, evil against children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ETP proposed Pipeline and Eminent Domain... (Jan '15) Jan '15 gina dahlstrom 1
News Teacher Accused of Assaulting Disabled Student ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 KARMA 1
News Humbolt mayor, victim agree on restitution (Jul '14) Jul '14 As8b1045b 1
News Man charged in fatal home invasion (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Parole sought for woman sentenced to life as ju... (Nov '13) Nov '13 elvisa 1
News Texas Gov. Perry Will Speak at Iowa Fundraiser (Oct '13) Oct '13 Just Think 2
News Man hauled back to Des Moines to face sexual ab... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Questionable Beha... 1
More from around the web