Skydiver hangs out in tree on Friday

Skydiver hangs out in tree on Friday

There are 7 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Mar 5, 2011, titled Skydiver hangs out in tree on Friday. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

A skydiver suffered a leg laceration after being caught in a pine tree at Skydive the Farm Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

onlyinpolk

Cedartown, GA

#1 Mar 5, 2011
Trill seekers have every right to live on the edge of danger in their quest to get the adrenalin rush they require .
They should also have every right to reimburse tax payers for the cost of retrieving them from pine trees when things don,t go as planned.
This is not the first time Sky Drivers have required the tax payers to come to their rescue and it definitely want be the last.
I understand this is a for profit activity and that,s great.
I,m sure the owner would,nt want the citizens of Polk County to have to subsidize his business by having them pick up the tab for safety issues.
Be a good citizen and Ante Up !!

mr public

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2011
You're so right. If they have to have EMS at football games and such then the same should be required at these places. Nothing against them.
Fuuny

Rome, GA

#3 Mar 5, 2011
but is it just me or did anybody else think the headline on the fishwrap was way to FUNNY !!! I know what happen was not the best in the world but I am just glad it wasn't me. And I'm sorry if the made anyone upset I just thought the headline was funny :)
Funny

Rome, GA

#4 Mar 5, 2011
Sorry , I cant type worth a flip its a good thing I dont do it for a living
hmmmmmm

Woodstock, GA

#5 Mar 5, 2011
The tax payers may have to pay for the initial call, but if the person is transported to the hospital, they have to pay for the ambulance service. I know....it happened to me.
Watching

Woodstock, GA

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Why should the tax payers have to pay anything for someone to have their fun?
xcomm

Cedartown, GA

#7 Mar 9, 2011
Just people having fun..........

I live close to Skydive the farm, I enjoy them, You know that Polk County Commissioners are trying to put them out of business ??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs in Cedartown 14 hr Thin Blue Line 2
Salon Jun '17 Angie1980 1
News GBI investigating Rockmart police officer's use... (Oct '15) May '17 TOW2BRAVO 21
Looking for 3 bedroom house to rent Apr '17 itsme 1
News Teacher accused of abusing 2 students with spec... Apr '17 ntr did not help 8
hi (Mar '12) Jan '17 Anne 2
Freddy Carroll Polk County GA (Oct '16) Jan '17 Cedartown girl 6
More from around the web