Esom Hill Post Office may close

Esom Hill Post Office may close

There are 20 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Jul 18, 2011, titled Esom Hill Post Office may close. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

The Esom Hill Post Office is housed in a historic brick structure located in the heart of this small community near the border between Polk County and Alabama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

Esom Hill Resident

Cedartown, GA

#1 Jul 18, 2011
Close it !
Its a waste of money .
hmmmmm

Marietta, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2011
never knew they had one.
mimi09

Rome, GA

#3 Jul 19, 2011
no. its not in the old brick building anymore, its in a small trailor, how long has it been since you were there?
durr

Rome, GA

#4 Jul 19, 2011
All depends on what the Slaughter cartel wants.
mimi09

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2011
They have nothing to do with the post office, the government does!Its all about the money to run it
wth

Cedartown, GA

#6 Jul 21, 2011
actually the Postal Service is NOT a federal entity anymore. It IS a private company. Government has nothing to do with it.
service rep

United States

#7 Jul 23, 2011
I service the bulk mail distribution center off bolton road, I can assure you that it is definatly not affiliated with the us government anymore. The people that work there are horrible and hate white people, they even have a all black postal workers union.
Say what

Toledo, OH

#8 Jul 23, 2011
Say what? Well that's a new one. I've never heard of them having an all black union. I mean wth!
Service Rep

United States

#9 Jul 24, 2011
They sure do have one, im in there every tuesday morning and the people that work there are the laziest and most disrespectful I have ever came across, I really feel sorry for the 3 white people I've seen working there because im sure they get treated like shit. They have signs posted all over that place for the african american postal workers union. One day I was there and I asked this lady if she could open the roll up door to let me in to make my delivery and she looked at me and said "yeah ill get right on it" and sat back on her chair and didn't move. Oh and the we deliver rain, alert, snow or hail is long gone, they deliver when they damn sure feel like coming to work.
justice

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2011
I work outside at my house alot and I can agree I know there are days that the lady that delivers my mail never comes by Ithought you were supposed to deliver everyday?
f_ this

Cedartown, GA

#11 Jul 24, 2011
This is a totally different topic. Geez, why is everything turned to race? That's not even what this damn topic was about. Go bitch in a different topic about it.
And no, I'm not black but I wouldn't really care one way or another if I was.
wth

Cedartown, GA

#12 Jul 24, 2011
everyday but sunday. maybe there are some days where you just don't have mail. I've had days like that.
justice

United States

#13 Jul 24, 2011
I understand I don't get mail everyday but what I am saying is she does not even come down the road sometimes for several days at a time. There are aprox thirty houses on my road and I find it hard to believe that on any given day that at least someone wouldn't get mail.
wth

Cedartown, GA

#14 Jul 24, 2011
hmmmmmmm...that IS odd. have you ever complained?
justice

United States

#15 Jul 24, 2011
I had thought about it but it's kind of like complaining against a police officer like it or not your gonna get repercussions.
mimi09

United States

#16 Jul 25, 2011
U never know what will happen unless you at least try!
KMA

Powder Springs, GA

#17 Jul 26, 2011
This is a totally different topic. Geez, why is everything turned to race? That's not even what this damn topic was about. Go bitch in a different topic about it.
And no, I'm not black but I wouldn't really care one way or another if I was.

Everything gets turned into race because of they way the world is now. White people are oppressed in today's world. An african american postal union? What if there was a white postal union? Why is it blacks get their own groups, standards, and benefits and we get something different. In today's society it is not political correct to be white at all.

Besides that what is an african american any way? I know there are white and black Americans and African-Americans are people that come from Africa legally into this country(which can be white as well). Most of the black people living in America have never had their feet leave concrete let alone go to Africa. It should be insulting to them.

One last point. I'm sure this "african-american postal union" is something put in place to give black people jobs whether they are qualified or not. Wake up black people! what the government is saying is we know you're not qualified and could never be so we are going to give you a job because your black and not based on your own merit. That would piss me off. the USPS has an african american postal union and can't figure out why it keeps loosing money. Maybe when this country is completely broke and we all are living on the streets we will wake up and say the American Dream is earned with hard work and not based on the color of your skin.
wth

Cedartown, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2011
I know you aren't talking to me KMA, but just sayin', i'm one of those where i already work hard as it is. I'm young. Since I graduated high school, i have always worked at least a 60+ hour week...sometimes it had to come from 3 or 4 jobs combined. 15 hours here, 20 hours there, etc....just to make ends meet. but you know what. I guess I'm weird because i wouldn't have it any other way. i'm one of those who would rather work my ass off than sit on it.
Mercedes

Cedartown, GA

#19 Jul 31, 2011
I have a good mail-woman...she always is on time. I knew Esom Hill had a post office..I think it's been there 100 years.
jmp

Cedartown, GA

#20 Aug 17, 2011
wth wrote:
actually the Postal Service is NOT a federal entity anymore. It IS a private company. Government has nothing to do with it.
May no be federal but the feds keep it going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homeless shelter is proposed (Jun '11) Sep 15 Greyhound 77 100
News Rockmart Art Department plans to present - Stee... Sep 15 Fan 4
News Red, white and blue fun at July block party Jul '16 BeautifulRockmart 5
News Gurley will be honored during ARC drive in Rock... Jul '16 getreal 2
PSD and Veterans Jul '16 The Pamphleteer 1
News New logo, brochure among many changes ahead for... Jun '16 Useless 26
Superintendent Jun '16 Anonymous 1
More from around the web