Rockmart man killed

Oct 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rome News

A Rockmart man was killed after he was struck by a mini-van on Friday evening, according to Polk County officials.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
sad

Camilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

How are they not charging the driver, since when does hitting a person ok.
scarlett kid

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

What I read was that the man crossed the street to get his paper and was hit. You just cannot cross a street without looking. We all make mistakes and his was deadly.
transplant

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

scarlett kid wrote:
What I read was that the man crossed the street to get his paper and was hit. You just cannot cross a street without looking. We all make mistakes and his was deadly.
assuming the driver wasn't speeding or under the influence
Assuming

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

You are also assuming he was actually in the street when he was hit. He was in his driveway according to the man that struck him.
scarlett kid

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

The grandfather that I never got to know was also killed that way. He was standing on the sidewalk next to the road when a big truck jump and ran over him. Terrible accident. So sorry for the family. Prayers going to both families.
sad

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

If he was in his driveway why was "the man that hit him" not charged.....clearly that's not in the road.

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Assuming wrote:
You are also assuming he was actually in the street when he was hit. He was in his driveway according to the man that struck him.
Where was that mentioned. Any link to show the driver said that?

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
assuming the driver wasn't speeding or under the influence
And that is exactly all it (assuming) would be since the accident was investigated and no charges were filed.

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

scarlett kid wrote:
The grandfather that I never got to know was also killed that way. He was standing on the sidewalk next to the road when a big truck jump and ran over him. Terrible accident. So sorry for the family. Prayers going to both families.
Sorry for your loss as well. Amazing how many forget the ones that are really affected by tragedies, accident of not. Never knew my grandad that was shot in Atlanta in 1938. He was a trolley operator and had stopped to break up a fight, not knowing a friend of one of the men in the fight had a gun.

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

sad wrote:
How are they not charging the driver, since when does hitting a person ok.
And since when was crossing the street without looking to see if any cars are coming (something we are all taught from an early age) ok. There are no crosswalks on vincent mtn road. It is called an accident and investigations are made just for that. He unfortunately walked in front of a moving car and no charges were filed. No alcohol invoved, no speeding, and no hitting someone in the driveway. Why is everyone who wasnt there trying to say what the investigation has proven to be just an unfortunate accident. God bless the families of both persons involved.
knows more

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Just to set the record straight he did NOT walk in front of a car. He was struck at the edge of the road or driveway. It was PURELY an accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Polk County Discussions

Search the Polk County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Listen to the new song, 'Leave The Night On' Jul 10 yes 4
Rockmart man charged in WIC and food stamp frau... Jun 24 in the know 4
Step-son charged with murder of retired Cobb Co... Feb '14 locked and loaded 1
Cedartown man pleads guilty in stolen car ring ... (Jun '12) Jan '14 father of 4 11
Homeless shelter is proposed (Jun '11) Jan '14 Theresa Yarbrough 92
Polk County Water Authority (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lee 1
Hunger Games: Mockinjay filming at Carlton Farm... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Watch and Learn 139
•••
•••