Nine members is just too many. Most school systems only have five, so changing Polk to seven memb...

Oct 26, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cedartown Standard Plus

Rockmart resident Carolyn Wiliams askes the board members questions about the redistricting process during the Tuesday morning meeting Former school board member Joe McLendon expresses his views in favor of reducing the size of the school board during the Tuesday evening meeting The Polk School Board is continuing to seek community input on the ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

Does anyone have an opinion? I haven't talked with anyone that was aware of the pros/cons of reducing the board size, but I worry about the absenteeism, especially during crucial votes.
Just one parent

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

Judged:

They are recommending 7 - has anyone reviewed the map?

Once it's approved - how long does that take?- are they holding new elections? someone, anyone needs to run against Crystal Sproull, Andy Fairel, Chuck Thaxton and Tara O'Neal. Let's call an end to buddy politics in Polk County and do what's best for ALL students in our schools. What's the point of having a board if they don't question anything and/or have their minds made up beforehand?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

I read elsewhere that the process should be complete in time for the 2012 regular board election, but not sure if all seats will be on the ballot.

Many parents are very upset about the dress code issue - they felt their concerns fell on deaf ears, especially after one was quoted as saying she didn't want "to cave."

Taxpayers should demand results from our schools - this boondoggle has undoubtedly cost our system money and exactly what benefit on education will it affect? I support the idea of board members volunteering in the schools instead of taking others' words for what's going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Polk County Discussions

Search the Polk County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Step-son charged with murder of retired Cobb Co... Feb '14 locked and loaded 1
Cedartown man pleads guilty in stolen car ring ... (Jun '12) Jan '14 father of 4 11
Homeless shelter is proposed (Jun '11) Jan '14 Theresa Yarbrough 92
Polk County Water Authority Jan '14 Lee 1
Hunger Games: Mockinjay filming at Carlton Farm... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Watch and Learn 139
Barrett announced intention to seek re-election... (Oct '13) Oct '13 haha 20
No arrests made in Cedartown pot farm case (Oct '13) Oct '13 RainbowBrite 2
•••
•••
•••
•••