Nine members is just too many. Most s...

Nine members is just too many. Most school systems only have five, so changing Polk to seven memb...

There are 3 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Oct 26, 2011, titled Nine members is just too many. Most school systems only have five, so changing Polk to seven memb.... In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

Rockmart resident Carolyn Wiliams askes the board members questions about the redistricting process during the Tuesday morning meeting Former school board member Joe McLendon expresses his views in favor of reducing the size of the school board during the Tuesday evening meeting The Polk School Board is continuing to seek community input on the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2011
Does anyone have an opinion? I haven't talked with anyone that was aware of the pros/cons of reducing the board size, but I worry about the absenteeism, especially during crucial votes.
Just one parent

Rome, GA

#3 Dec 13, 2011
They are recommending 7 - has anyone reviewed the map?

Once it's approved - how long does that take?- are they holding new elections? someone, anyone needs to run against Crystal Sproull, Andy Fairel, Chuck Thaxton and Tara O'Neal. Let's call an end to buddy politics in Polk County and do what's best for ALL students in our schools. What's the point of having a board if they don't question anything and/or have their minds made up beforehand?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 18, 2011
I read elsewhere that the process should be complete in time for the 2012 regular board election, but not sure if all seats will be on the ballot.

Many parents are very upset about the dress code issue - they felt their concerns fell on deaf ears, especially after one was quoted as saying she didn't want "to cave."

Taxpayers should demand results from our schools - this boondoggle has undoubtedly cost our system money and exactly what benefit on education will it affect? I support the idea of board members volunteering in the schools instead of taking others' words for what's going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing help May '15 Thankful 1
News Rockmart man arrested on child sexual abuse cha... (Mar '13) Dec '14 AlocalOg 6
News Homeless shelter is proposed (Jun '11) Oct '14 the truth 97
News Polk County Ga. arrest report dated October 25, (Oct '14) Oct '14 Tomahawk 2
News Charges filed in ATV accident that left Cedarto... (Sep '14) Oct '14 2001 Toyota Corolla 3
Rev. David Huskins (Aug '14) Aug '14 Bulldawg Fan 2
News Cedartown couple arrested twice in two days, hu... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Bulldawg Fan 2
More from around the web