Rockmart veterans host Sunday Memoria...

Rockmart veterans host Sunday Memorial Day service

There are 2 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from May 30, 2011, titled Rockmart veterans host Sunday Memorial Day service. In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

Rockmart veterans held a Memorial Day service Sunday afternoon, honoring the sacrifice of all American soldiers killed in action and remembering local veterans who have passed away over the past year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

Rockmart Resident

Marietta, GA

#1 May 30, 2011
Was a nice ceremony. Liked how they put people in the shade this year. The Legion Riders looked great, the speaker was moving and the singers were awesome. The guy who sang the National Anthem did it right without screwing it up the was so many people do, and the lady who sang God Bless The USA was positively AWESOME! Don't know who she is, but damn!!!!!
loves our heroes

Marietta, GA

#2 May 31, 2011
I agree! It was very nice. It's sad that we're losing so many of our veterans. It won't be long before all our WW2 soldiers are gone. It seems like the list that's read gets longer and longer. I cry every year. 2 years ago, my grandfather's name was read. I still miss him so much. I am proud to be his granddaughter. I don't know Bill Sherfesse, the man who sang the National Anthem, but he DID do a excellent job! It was refreshing to hear The Star Spangled Banner sung the way it is SUPPOSED to be sung!!!! We need many MORE like him!!!! While I don't know Mary Catherine personally, I do know of her. I have a friend who knows her really well. She's the lady they call Nanny that you see driving that Ford van that travels with the Legion Riders. The one with the magnets on it. My friend says she's passionate about making sure all veterans, living or gone, are honored, respected and taken care of, as are her Legion Rider friends. I sure hope we have them around for a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Restoring historic Van Wert Church brings new c... (Jun '16) Aug 11 Readynet 3
Drugs in Cedartown Jul 27 Thin Blue Line 2
Salon Jun '17 Angie1980 1
News GBI investigating Rockmart police officer's use... (Oct '15) May '17 TOW2BRAVO 21
Looking for 3 bedroom house to rent Apr '17 itsme 1
News Teacher accused of abusing 2 students with spec... (Feb '17) Apr '17 ntr did not help 8
hi (Mar '12) Jan '17 Anne 2
More from around the web