49er Fire (Placer County) Started 8/30/2009, updated 8/30/2009

Aug 30, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cal Fire

Evacuations for Shell Ridge, Moss Rock and Saddleback. Cause: Under Investigation Total Fire Personnel: 450 Engines: 50 Fire crews: 10 Airtankers: 8 Helicopters: 6 Dozers: 3 Conditions: The fire has crossed Dry Creek Road.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Scott Meadows

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

I'm tired of people calling this blaze the 49er fire, read your history books people, the name was already taken some 45 miles away in September 1988, when a red squall of 200' flames burned 33700 and COUNTLESS homes, changing COUNTLESS lives. No. To "Live it down" by giving this small 600 acre fire the name that previously belonged to a huge firestorm, is disrespectful to all of those who lost their homes, and all of the firefighters who were injured by the REAL 49er fire in September of 1988.
get real people!
lisa

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

dude. be quiet.
Smokey in GV

Mill Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Scott Meadows, you're a tool
mucko

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Scott Meadows wrote:
I'm tired of people calling this blaze the 49er fire, read your history books people, the name was already taken some 45 miles away in September 1988, when a red squall of 200' flames burned 33700 and COUNTLESS homes, changing COUNTLESS lives. No. To "Live it down" by giving this small 600 acre fire the name that previously belonged to a huge firestorm, is disrespectful to all of those who lost their homes, and all of the firefighters who were injured by the REAL 49er fire in September of 1988.
get real people!
Wow, seems to me you are being disrespectvile to all those people who lost everything in that small 600 fire in Auburn, or was it a fake fire and it really didn't happen? Take a chill pill... WHAT A PIECE OF WORK!
Sorry for you

Auburn, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Scott Meadows wrote:
get real people!
Wow, are you really saying that the fire here in my home town didn't effect lives the way the live were effected in 1988. I really don't think the name is important, nor is it disrespectful to anyone. Both fires horrified and disrupted lives. I hardly see how the count even matters. If it was one life or 100 lives the tragity is still there. Human compation in hardly you forte, maybe you should redirect your interests to history that didn't effect human lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Placer County Discussions

Search the Placer County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Student campaigns for state assembly Apr '14 jim cody 1
Billy Moon denied bail reduction (Dec '07) Apr '14 Mike Kim 40
More California children unvaccinated due to pa... Mar '14 More Garbage 3
Placer County's Most Wanted: Jeffery Bolger Feb '14 Jeffery Bolger 1
Loomis fire chief accused of double dipping (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jessie Rose 1
Cosmetic surgeons facing felony charges (Apr '13) Apr '13 Impacted 1
Release Of Surveillance Photo Leads Detectives ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
•••
•••