Danville council OKs partnership for industrial park in unanimous vote

Oct 9, 2008 Full story: Go Dan River News

Danville City Council unanimously passed a resolution Tuesday night to partner with Pittsylvania County in the development of an industrial park in the county near the North Carolina border.

Full Story
noleaders

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2008
danville putting an industrial park upriver and upwind ???

what are they on? breaking a cardinal rule of urban planning. but go look at their traffic patterns near their new shopping center...
concerned citizen

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2008
I would like to know why the city is involved in county affairs?
I OPPOSE any NEW industry until we get the promised jobs from the CANE CREEK location, and START filling the brosville industrial park. PEOPLE, jobs we need, but NOT THESE- no end jobs and death by Virginia's lack pollution laws. Brothers and Sisters,
RED NECKS for hunting rights, Heritage of home lands, and SMART citizens alike...STAND UP. Also see Hairston Cemetary area. They plan to build over it. Chatham's Economic development has already bought over 2000 acres on Berry Hill Rd. from the Kluttz Family. DEMAND a Park and ECO-friendly businesses!
Thank You for CARING about your town and future!
Excellent location

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2008
This is an excellent location .... just off the new Danville Expressway with easy access to the new FEDEX hub in Greensboro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsylvania County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia man in Confederate flag flap stands by... Nov '14 Don 1
Pittsylvania board follows judge's order (Feb '12) Mar '14 B Krause 2
Governor seeks review of Tobacco Commission funds (Feb '14) Feb '14 Lad ower 1
Jones vows to try to keep mining ban (Sep '13) Sep '13 clt 1
Pittsylvania Co. Officials Arrest Trio on Weapo... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dropout41 2
Johnny Calloway And Terry King Found Dead After... (Aug '11) Aug '13 UNKNOWN 9
339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized nea... (Jun '13) Jun '13 va_tazdad 1
More from around the web