Gretna subdivision families want to tighten leash on dog laws

May 9, 2009 Full story: MSNBC

So they have taken a petition to the Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors to push for passage of a dog-control ordinance for Huckleberry Hills subdivision about three miles north of Gretna.

Full Story
citizen of Gretna

Hurt, VA

#1 Jul 17, 2009
WHAT A JOKE!!! I am having trouble with the Gretna Police and the county animal control passing the buck. I have had trouble with a dog in town that has it's needed papers, shots,etc.. but the owner lets the dog free at night. Free to KILL MY CAT, GO THROUGH MY GARBAGE AND THREATEN MY 9 YEAR OLD IN MY YARD. GRETNA POLICE IS A JOKE!! Where are the town leash law? How many other households have to go through this? I have proof, witnesses, a dead cat. WHAT OTHER PROOF DO I NEED? SHOULD I DIG UP MY CAT AND DRAG MY NEIGHBORS INTO COURT FOR SOMETHING SO SIMPLE. GRETNA POLICE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE SIMPLE, IT'S CALLED A LEASH LAW. We pay double taxes to live in this "wonderful" town. WHAT A JOKE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsylvania County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia man in Confederate flag flap stands by... Nov '14 Don 1
Pittsylvania board follows judge's order (Feb '12) Mar '14 B Krause 2
Governor seeks review of Tobacco Commission funds (Feb '14) Feb '14 Lad ower 1
Jones vows to try to keep mining ban (Sep '13) Sep '13 clt 1
Pittsylvania Co. Officials Arrest Trio on Weapo... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dropout41 2
Johnny Calloway And Terry King Found Dead After... (Aug '11) Aug '13 UNKNOWN 9
339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized nea... (Jun '13) Jun '13 va_tazdad 1
More from around the web