Farm Bureau looks to help farmers provide safe, ample food, fiber

Jan 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Go Dan River News

Calhoun , 53, was elected last fall and became president for 2011 at the beginning of this year, replacing Tommy Motley , who served for four years as president .

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2011

Since: Nov 10

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2011
I would like to be updated on the mining issue. I do not feel it will be good for the County but the information we seem to be getting is not very inclusive. I am a resident of Callands and I use only local beef and vegetables when I can get them. I would like to use local milk but there seems not to be any outlet. I used to live in the Garden State (New Jersey) and they had local markets all over the place. Here we do not have the same and no one seems to grow anything. Perhaps if they did and the locals had access we might develop a new industry for the area. We can probably feed ourselves if we use the land. I understand the need to ship our goods elsewhere for profit but what about us who live here. It is a vast wasteland. There is much more to Virginia than Fairfax county. RuraL Virginia is lost or non-existant. I have hopes for the new appointment and that he will consider using some of the resources we have to better rural /Virginia.
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsylvania County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsylvania board follows judge's order (Feb '12) Mar '14 B Krause 2
Governor seeks review of Tobacco Commission funds (Feb '14) Feb '14 Lad ower 1
Jones vows to try to keep mining ban (Sep '13) Sep '13 clt 1
Pittsylvania Co. Officials Arrest Trio on Weapo... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dropout41 2
Johnny Calloway And Terry King Found Dead After... (Aug '11) Aug '13 UNKNOWN 9
339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized nea... (Jun '13) Jun '13 va_tazdad 1
Convicted murderer lunges at Danville Commonwea... (Dec '09) May '13 Dear god 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pittsylvania County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••