Pittsylvania County land-use code change hits dead end

Nov 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Eden Daily News

Pittsylvania County had plans last summer to change its land-use code to make sure that participants in the program met its criteria.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2011
Scottish Woman

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Our county leaders are the stupidest bunch of no knowings I have ever seen. Just keep sticking it to the farmers and ex-farm families who are trying to keep their land in their families. Its all many have left of their heritage. You and the federal government have destroyed the tobacco heritage of this region and most of the markets closed --- ah, but now we have a Japanese tobacco market coming to the area and you go ape-poop over the thought. If you'd give incentives (less restrictions & economic penalties) to the farmers of this country they could feed this nation and all the third world nations of the world. Talk about a boost to the nation's economy!! But no --- you are too short-sighted to look that far ahead. It is always tax more and restrict more freedoms.
FedUP

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Time to smack some sense in the Commissioner of Revenue and remove him from office.
Dogomom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

I agree that this county could feed all of Virginia and much of the nation if the farms could produce crops. I do not understand why they do not? Tobacco is gone and grapes are for few so why not grow food??? Please explain it to me!!!! As far as the politicians go they are all looking for attention and are doing nothing. You make no gain by taxing people that have no money. You make no gain by hiring illegals (government subsided ) as you just create more unemployment. Also people I have run into do not want to work at jobs that are so called "menial". Get your hands dirty for a change and not with crime.
Dogomom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Addendum: Try helping your neighbor. You will be amazed at how much can happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsylvania County Discussions

Search the Pittsylvania County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsylvania board follows judge's order (Feb '12) Mar '14 B Krause 2
Governor seeks review of Tobacco Commission funds Feb '14 Lad ower 1
Jones vows to try to keep mining ban (Sep '13) Sep '13 clt 1
Pittsylvania Co. Officials Arrest Trio on Weapo... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dropout41 2
Johnny Calloway And Terry King Found Dead After... (Aug '11) Aug '13 UNKNOWN 9
339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized nea... (Jun '13) Jun '13 va_tazdad 1
Convicted murderer lunges at Danville Commonwea... (Dec '09) May '13 Dear god 11
•••
•••