what ever happened to Doug Grant?
I was on the jury

Chandler, AZ

#3733 Apr 28, 2009
Daisy Duke wrote:
Jurist,
Did you also post this on the New Times website?
"Anonymous juror speaks up: I was [one of the jurors] who convicted Doug Grant. I found Paul Rubin's article to be very uninformative about the jury's deliberation process.
As there were many emotional women on the jury panel, I do believe their opinions and feelings about Grant played a role in the manner of murder that he could be charged with.
Doug Grant was found guilty of manslaughter based on "recklessness" in not aiding Faylene the morning that she was found unresponsive — not dead — in the bathtub.
Let me elaborate: Doug Grant never called 911 that morning. Doug Grant attempted to perform CPR on a bed (information provided by the defense). Doug Grant called [physician's assistant] Chad White on finding Faylene in the tub.
Chad White called 911 stating, "I believe that [Doug Grant] wasn't going to call 911.[Doug Grant] said that he's afraid, and [I'm] not sure why he would say something like that."
This was enough reason for me to find Doug Grant guilty of manslaughter. Final jury vote: six for first-degree murder, four for second-degree, two for manslaughter."
Name withheld
No - different juror.
Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Scottsdale, AZ

#3734 Apr 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Gale

Please note that the letter writer "Dorothy Gale" from Kansas is an obvious (and pretty clever) pseudonym. This person no doubt is a family member of poor Faylene Grant or someone very close to the family. Hey, you guys got your conviction. The Wicked Witch (Doug) has "melted." Enough already. Let's hope that Ms.(or Mr.) Gale quickly goes back to Oz, as Doug Grant goes to his own version of Oz (the HBO one) to serve his time. The Internet is pretty cool, huh, "Dorothy"? You can fingerpoint, call people vile names, spread your dirt and spew your BS, and don't even have to say your real name. Enjoy your big day on Friday or whenever the little fella gets sentenced, "Dorothy." It'll be better than you-know-what for you, I'm sure.
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3735 Apr 28, 2009
"As there were many emotional women on the jury panel, I do believe their opinions and feelings about Grant played a role in the manner of murder that he could be charged with."

I just thought this along with some of the other Juror comments floating around the web are very interesting as to this jury's mind-set and process for deliberating guilt or innocence.
Dorothy

Riverside, CA

#3736 Apr 28, 2009
Stupid Is As Stupid Does wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D orothy_Gale
Please note that the letter writer "Dorothy Gale" from Kansas is an obvious (and pretty clever) pseudonym. This person no doubt is a family member of poor Faylene Grant or someone very close to the family. Hey, you guys got your conviction. The Wicked Witch (Doug) has "melted." Enough already. Let's hope that Ms.(or Mr.) Gale quickly goes back to Oz, as Doug Grant goes to his own version of Oz (the HBO one) to serve his time. The Internet is pretty cool, huh, "Dorothy"? You can fingerpoint, call people vile names, spread your dirt and spew your BS, and don't even have to say your real name. Enjoy your big day on Friday or whenever the little fella gets sentenced, "Dorothy." It'll be better than you-know-what for you, I'm sure.
So "Stupid Is As Stupid Does", do you have another name you go by besides STUPID! or do you just get off on being a "Doug Hugger".
Dorothy

Riverside, CA

#3737 Apr 28, 2009
Stupid Is As Stupid Does wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D orothy_Gale
By the way Paul, the internet is great! How's David Saint doing?
Barney

Mesa, AZ

#3738 Apr 28, 2009
Daisy... Daisy... Daisy,
Lay off the jury bashing, already!!! What's with this?
They did what they had to do... worked with what they had to work with, and though we think he is guilty of pre-medatitated murder we'll settle for what he got without bellyachin' about it.

Can't you Doug Huggers do the same?

(Good phrase, Dorothy)
Jesus

United States

#3739 Apr 28, 2009
As I have loved you... love one another...
Dorothy

Riverside, CA

#3740 Apr 29, 2009
Jesus wrote:
As I have loved you... love one another...
Doug Huggers, Got a love em! If they can't win with logic and facts then they USE Jesus!
No perfect crime

United States

#3741 Apr 29, 2009
Daisy Duke wrote:
"As there were many emotional women on the jury panel, I do believe their opinions and feelings about Grant played a role in the manner of murder that he could be charged with."
I just thought this along with some of the other Juror comments floating around the web are very interesting as to this jury's mind-set and process for deliberating guilt or innocence.
Again, Dumb as a box of rocks. Maybe even dumber.
No perfect crime

United States

#3742 Apr 29, 2009
more to come wrote:
<quoted text> I am aware of at least one juror that was reading this blog all during the trial. I work with them and now I am not sure what to do with the information I have.
This blog has info FOR and AGAINST Doug, just get over it, you don't need to "DO" anything, because nobody CARES!!!!!
Denied

Safford, AZ

#3743 Apr 29, 2009
The court denied the defense's request for a new trial. On to the appeal I guess. Maybe they should wait until after sentencing. If he doesn't get too many years, he may just serve and be done. But, would Hilary still be waiting? Even 1 year is a long time to be lonely. I guess time will tell how this all ends.
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3745 Apr 29, 2009
Barney wrote:
... worked with what they had to work with...
Exactly they worked with zero logic and reasoning. What they had plenty of was estrogen.... LOL
Devil Dog

Mesa, AZ

#3746 Apr 29, 2009
Daisy Duke has to be one or more of Hilary's brothers-in-law.

Only a knuckle draggin' guy could get so ticky-tacky hung up on estogen. What do all you former "Dewitt Women" think when the men you married denigerate women, claiming that estrogen and logic and reason can't co-exist?

But I thought the story was that Doug is such a chick magnent that having women on the jury should have worked in his favor.
Wonder what happened.
Hmmmmm?
Dorothy

Riverside, CA

#3747 Apr 29, 2009
Daisy Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly they worked with zero logic and reasoning. What they had plenty of was estrogen.... LOL
Sorry, Dumb as a rock Duke, looks like the judge disagrees with you.

"The Court further finds that the transcript of some of the jurors’ comments to reporters
does not appear to be submitted as proof of any juror misconduct under Arizona Rules of
Criminal Procedure, Rule 24.1(c)(3). Rather, Defendant states the jurors’ answers are “offered
simply as an illustration”(Reply, p.3, line 1). Illustrating and criticizing the jurors’ mental
processes is precisely what Rule 24.1(d) prohibits."

Here's a link to the whole thing. Maybe you could get someone to read it to you.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JONamese...
No perfect crime

United States

#3748 Apr 29, 2009
Devil Dog wrote:
Daisy Duke has to be one or more of Hilary's brothers-in-law.
Only a knuckle draggin' guy could get so ticky-tacky hung up on estogen. What do all you former "Dewitt Women" think when the men you married denigerate women, claiming that estrogen and logic and reason can't co-exist?
But I thought the story was that Doug is such a chick magnent that having women on the jury should have worked in his favor.
Wonder what happened.
Hmmmmm?
What happened? I think it's that now days, Doug just looks like a little old troll.
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3749 Apr 29, 2009
Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Dumb as a rock Duke, looks like the judge disagrees with you.
"The Court further finds that the transcript of some of the jurors’ comments to reporters
does not appear to be submitted as proof of any juror misconduct under Arizona Rules of
Criminal Procedure, Rule 24.1(c)(3). Rather, Defendant states the jurors’ answers are “offered
simply as an illustration”(Reply, p.3, line 1). Illustrating and criticizing the jurors’ mental
processes is precisely what Rule 24.1(d) prohibits."
Here's a link to the whole thing. Maybe you could get someone to read it to you.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JONamese...
Tsk Tsk... Gale the Gash strikes again.

You realize you are cavorting with some turd-brain that doesn't know that "Aye" means yes and "I" means me, right? Of course your line of crap is equally, if not more sophomoric, so that just goes without saying.
As far as "The Court" goes, I am anxiously awaiting Doug's sentencing to see what will happen. Because depending on that, someone who is an officer of the Maricopa County Court system may just get their just comeuppance. The funny thing about it is, you even commented on the driving factor clear back in March. Obviously you and your band of flying monkeys had taken to gazing into your crystal ball again.
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3750 Apr 29, 2009
"claiming that estrogen and logic and reason can't co-exist"

Now THAT is some funny $hit.
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3751 Apr 29, 2009
Dorothy wrote:
...HMMM I wonder?
So Dave, Does Doug where orange, stripes or pink?
Someone who doesn't know that a person "WEARS" clothing, not "WHERES" clothing is calling me dumb? Well, at least you're consistent; consistently idiotic…
Dorothy

Riverside, CA

#3752 Apr 29, 2009
Daisy Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk Tsk... Gale the Gash strikes again.
You realize you are cavorting with some turd-brain that doesn't know that "Aye" means yes and "I" means me, right? Of course your line of crap is equally, if not more sophomoric, so that just goes without saying.
As far as "The Court" goes, I am anxiously awaiting Doug's sentencing to see what will happen. Because depending on that, someone who is an officer of the Maricopa County Court system may just get their just comeuppance. The funny thing about it is, you even commented on the driving factor clear back in March. Obviously you and your band of flying monkeys had taken to gazing into your crystal ball again.
Dumb as a rock Duke:

All yor rantin n ravn aint getng Dug out of Jale!
Daisy Duke

Gilbert, AZ

#3753 Apr 29, 2009
Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb as a rock Duke:
All yor rantin n ravn aint getng Dug out of Jale!
Nop Gash. N fer alla yers, Fayleen is still ded! Tho, Dug'l be outta jale one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pima County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's 'Obamacare' budget cuts leave Arizona's... Sep '17 Concave 2
News Arizona official: 'I am WHITE and proud of it!' Aug '17 Lori 1
News Man arrested after making threats outside senat... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Putins Glock Holster 3
News 1976 Homicide Case Dismissed (Sep '10) Mar '17 Stephen Clark 19
News Nanos retires as Pima County Sheriff (Dec '16) Mar '17 Sleepless In 2
Pima County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep '16 Owen 2
News Small Arizona schools vulnerable to measles, pe... (Aug '16) Sep '16 WAKEFIELD FRAMED 4
More from around the web