Pedestrian killed in Hwy. 176 crash

Jun 23, 2011 Full story: FOX Carolina

One man is dead after he was hit by a car on Highway 176 in Pickens County. Coroner Kandy Kelley said 69-year-old Buford Shelton of Pickens was pronounced dead on the scene after her was hit.

Full Story
VShelton

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2011
My heart goes out to the family. I'm actually his his daughter in law who lives in Columbus, Ohio. His son, Danny, is actually on his way back to Pickens to make sure that he receives a proper burial. I wondered if this was going to be ruled as an accident or homicide. How fast was the driver driving? Was Mr. Shelton walking where he was supposed to walk on Highway 176? More details would be greatly appreciated, as all the rest of the family is currently stricken and disraught emotionally. Will there be a follow up article regarding this issue? Thanks for the information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickens County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keith Thomasson II (Feb '14) Feb '14 jusbncurious 1
Case dropped against SC woman jailed over video (Feb '14) Feb '14 tallyho 23
This woman was arrested for failing to return a... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Le Jimbo 4
South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag To... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Vivek Golikeri 2
South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag To... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mandela 4
Pickens Sheriff Refuses to Lower Flag for Mandela (Dec '13) Dec '13 Vivek Golikeri 5
Congratulations and God Bless Roy Costner IV (Jun '13) Jun '13 Patriot 3

Pickens County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE