Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickawa...

Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickaway County Crash | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 100 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Dec 2, 2010, titled Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickaway County Crash | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 4-year-old boy was killed and several other people were injured when two vehicles collided on Wednesday evening along U.S. Route 62.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
4 sure

Columbus, OH

#92 Dec 3, 2010
knows it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it did, dum as. the live report on tv last night said " killed when ejected from vehicle". you prolley think the guy in michigan is innocent too, huh?
You need to learn how to spell.
Jessica

Solon, OH

#93 Dec 3, 2010
GeTrEaL wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wonder why I never thought of that. I have shown him videos and books. It's people like you who think that everyone thinks alike. My child has been spanked and left behind and nothing works. I've pulled over (luckily noone hit me in the process, because I'd be a murderer according to you people) and called the police, they've came and he takes it right back off. It's frustrating, what am I suppose to do, since you are a perfect parent?
I never said I was a perfect parent... My kids listen too me and know that they have to stay buckled. No one that I know has ever had this problem... Maybe it's because of you "leaving your kid behind" or you spank too much? Spanking doesn't really help. Do you want to be spanked when you do something wrong? Talk to children! They will listen. It may take you more time since their not use to it.:)
TLA

Lancaster, OH

#94 Dec 3, 2010
Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text> any parent who drives line an idiot and kills their own cild probably never should have had children in the first place. its winter time. slow down and drive like responsible adults.
WOW, I suppose you think it's a good thing the mother was killed by the "boyfrind" Thanksgiving Day, since she ALLOWED her childrend to be killed.
TLA

Lancaster, OH

#95 Dec 3, 2010
I am shocked at some of these posts. I can not imagine losing a child. No punishment would be any harsher than the pain the parents are going through now. Geesh people, be nice, be kind. Stop bashing the people involved in this tragedy. The mother didn't leave the house that day with any intention of losing her child. I hope nothing ever bad happens to some of you people, because if it does, according to some of you, you obviously will deserved it!
Joan

Columbus, OH

#96 Dec 3, 2010
That is so tragic! Were the kids in car seats or seat belts?
Nurse in the country

Warsaw, OH

#97 Dec 3, 2010
Just wanted to point out that, no matter how dedicated, devoted, and diligent a parent you are, young children can be ingenious at defeating even the most securely fastened child car-safety device. My husband and I transport our three young children (all under the ages of 8) from a rural location in Coshocton County into Columbus on a near-daily basis, in correctly fastened car safety devices. Our children are well-behaved, well-parented, and disciplined when the need arises...HOWEVER, they are CHILDREN, with no abstract concept of the consequences of trying to get out of a car seat.
My heartfelt prayers to this family, who have suffered a horrific loss.
A recent post stated that, sometimes, tragedy can occur in a split second. I believe that anyone with normal, active, and (sometimes) mischevious CHILDREN could probably relate to the truth in this statement. Without all of the information, it's irresponsible and ignorant to judge this mother. God be with them.
GeTrEaL

Columbus, OH

#98 Dec 3, 2010
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was a perfect parent... My kids listen too me and know that they have to stay buckled. No one that I know has ever had this problem... Maybe it's because of you "leaving your kid behind" or you spank too much? Spanking doesn't really help. Do you want to be spanked when you do something wrong? Talk to children! They will listen. It may take you more time since their not use to it.:)
Oh my god...I have a 15 year old that never did this. Do you honestly think that I didn't try to explain in the beginning?...it didn't work, it only got worse...then I moved onto other methods...it didn't work. Then eventually I had to get sitters because he would act out in the vehicle...than I spanked. What do you suggest I do? Please give some real advice other than talking, because it doesn't work with him. Even police officers cannot convince him of the importance...so what is you educated way of dealing with this? Seriously.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#99 Dec 3, 2010
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to set the record straight that I-in NO WAY was condemning the mother of this child. I do not know the whole story. I was simply stating to Parent in GC that said you dont know what your child is doing in the backseat, that they have to make it a priority to know what their child is doing. If they take off their seatbelt, and I know that it happens, pull off the road and put it back on. We are responsibile for keeping our children safe. My heart goes out to this family. I am sure that it is devastating to lose a child, no matter what the circumstances. I cannot imagine the pain. Regardless of who's fault the accident was, it is a tragedy.
Grandparent: I apologize, I thought I replied to a different poster that was basically saying the mother should be arrested and put to death.

Truly, some of these posts are dreadful and it is upsetting to think that we live in such a cold callous city. An accident can happen to anyone. Compassion needs to be shown to this family.
Duh

Westerville, OH

#100 Dec 3, 2010
Says me wrote:
My sincere condolences to all of those that knew and loved this child.
Re-read the article-he was ejected and sitting in the middle. Chances are he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Either way it's tragic.
Duh

Westerville, OH

#101 Dec 3, 2010
My previous comment was directed at "Seriously" and "just a girl" but seems to have replied to the wrong person.
Someone who cares

Bellevue, OH

#102 Dec 3, 2010
no more dead kids wrote:
<quoted text>
people comment because they are tired of idiots killing their kids. if people like us dont point out the stupidity that is killing all these babies, then noone will ever stop to think before they do something. If the parent or others in the car were responsible, i.e, stopping and buckling the kid back in, or driving a little safer for the conditions of the roads, then there would not be a need for a "stunned community, greiving friends and family, or any of it". too many idiot people who play parent have " it isnt going to happen to me " syndrome. Get real, and start holding people accountable when something like this happens. these dead babies all over the country need a voice to speak for them, and it defenitly isnt you. if i can save a kid by making someone understand they need to be a little more responsible, then myself nor anyone else here has anything to be ashamed of.
Sorry to brst your bubble but everyone on this earth has it could never happen to me attitudes. judging by your comment you do to. Odds are at one time or another everyone will be a victim in someway, question is when. And when it happens to all of you negative jackasses i hope you read every nasty comment people put online about you.....
DSC

Jackson, OH

#103 Dec 4, 2010
It saddens me that people can sit behind the safety of their computer screen and be so cruel. No one knows what really happened on that sad night. In addition, to those of who who have not travelled that particular stretch of 62, there is not really a safe place to pull over if the child has undone the safety belt, especially in poor conditions.
Moms against stupidity

Denver, CO

#104 Dec 5, 2010
OK, you are the mother and you are responsible for the death of your child.
If the child got out of the seat belt, pull over and get them back in.
If you did not put them in one, then you need to be charged with manslaughter.
This is so pathetically sad, and did not have to happen.
The word we heard is that this family are illegals.
Sorry, illegal is still illegal. Go back to the country you came from. You could have killed one of us on the streets and most likely do not have insurance.
Nurse in the country

Warsaw, OH

#105 Dec 5, 2010
DSC wrote:
It saddens me that people can sit behind the safety of their computer screen and be so cruel. No one knows what really happened on that sad night. In addition, to those of who who have not travelled that particular stretch of 62, there is not really a safe place to pull over if the child has undone the safety belt, especially in poor conditions.
Completely agree...too many posters would rather weigh in with ignorant comments and self-righteous judgements! I had to pull over on 270 two years ago, because my (securely!) fastened two-year old had somehow gotten the upper portion of the safety harness up near his neck...there was NO safety in being on the narrow shoulder in extremely heavy traffic, in fact, the moving lane was so close that I didn't dare open my door...I had to climb into the back seat to reposition him, praying the whole time that we would not be rear-ended and both be killed! Wish some people would think before they comment!
Nurse in the country

Warsaw, OH

#106 Dec 5, 2010
Moms against stupidity wrote:
Sorry, illegal is still illegal. Go back to the country you came from. You could have killed one of us on the streets and most likely do not have insurance.
With all due respect, you are cruel and ignorant. What does their immigration status or insurance matter-they have lost a child!You do not know the circumstances, and IMO it is mean-spirited and judgemental to post a comment like that. If you really are a mom too, how about a little compassion?
Donna

Chillicothe, OH

#107 Dec 5, 2010
The family is not on trial here and accidents happen everyday. I only wish they do not blame themselves so much they cannot live their lives again. Please do not make yourself suffer anymore. It is bad enough you lost a little one. I pray for you and if it's any comfort at all I know what it is like to lose someone and feel responsibility. God bless the family.
Misty

Salt Lake City, UT

#108 Dec 5, 2010
Moms against stupidity wrote:
None of this family are illegals. They were all born here. So until you get all the facts shut up. Have some compassion for this family. My brother and sister in law.
becky

Thermal, CA

#109 Dec 6, 2010
Misty Cruz wrote:
<quoted text> he was belted in he undid his seatbelt while mom was driving. Don't judge unless you have all the facts. I know this because he is my nephew.
i know when the roads are bad you need to pay attention to the roads, the child was 6, they do know how to unbuckle themselves, this was a horrible accident, we should all be praing for this family to get through this instead of making the mother feel even worse than she already does. you are intitled to your own opinion, i just dont feel you are intitled to attack a woman who has just lost her son in such a horrible way. really just who the hell do you think you are to sit there and judge other people? your judgement day will come!!
itz me

Bellevue, OH

#110 Dec 9, 2010
GeTrEaL wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wonder why I never thought of that. I have shown him videos and books. It's people like you who think that everyone thinks alike. My child has been spanked and left behind and nothing works. I've pulled over (luckily noone hit me in the process, because I'd be a murderer according to you people) and called the police, they've came and he takes it right back off. It's frustrating, what am I suppose to do, since you are a perfect parent?
You know what? young children do not have the capacity to grasp the concept that they could die. they don't no matter what you tell them or show them understand that. You can only do the best you can do in the moment. Don't listen to these people telling you how to take care of your kids they are morons and don't know shit. It's easy to make yourself sound perfect but I guarantee the ones that sound perfect on here are probably the ones you are behind on the freeway whose kids are hanging out of the car window throwing their shoes and sippy cups and whatever they can get ahold of at the cars behind them!!!! you take care of you and I'll do me
im a mom

United States

#111 Dec 20, 2010
most parents that dont want their children kill them they dont go out driving hoping that they will be in an accident.kids are very smart they say he took off his belt he must not have been jumping around making a fuss he was slick thinking nothing would happen. what kid does they are kids. bless the family who has to endure such ignorance from hateful people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Madison County employee stole from count... Apr 1 Motion 2
News Brent Cox now faces trial June 4th in Circleville. (Apr '12) Nov '16 Christie 61
News Ex-veterans official convicted of stealing from... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Voter 3
jason acker has a meth lab forsure on 56 (May '16) Jul '16 Caught 6
steves pizza in adelphi ohio (Jul '16) Jul '16 You know 1
News Community surprises Pickaway Co. deputy with ne... (May '16) May '16 Wonderful people ... 17
News Pickaway County woman found guilty in murder-fo... (Feb '16) Feb '16 peace 27
More from around the web