Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickawa...

Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickaway County Crash | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 100 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Dec 2, 2010, titled Child Killed, Several Hurt In Pickaway County Crash | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 4-year-old boy was killed and several other people were injured when two vehicles collided on Wednesday evening along U.S. Route 62.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
seriously

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 2, 2010
Kant spel wrote:
The kid wasn't wearing a seat belt. Way to go responsible parent. You smell terrific.
How do you know he wasn't wearing a seat belt? Just curious. I didn't see it in the article.
Just a girl

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Dec 2, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
They are right. The little boy was ejected from the car!
How do you know he was ejected? The report didn't say that. Children can be killed while wearing a seat belt. I knew a child who died in an accident. He had his seat belt on...
Says me

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 2, 2010
My sincere condolences to all of those that knew and loved this child.
GeTrEaL

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2010
So sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. Accidents will always occur, some just hurt more than others.
BOO

Canal Winchester, OH

#9 Dec 2, 2010
Just a girl wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he was ejected? The report didn't say that. Children can be killed while wearing a seat belt. I knew a child who died in an accident. He had his seat belt on...
The news on the radio said the boy was thrown from the car.
Parent

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 2, 2010
Kant spel wrote:
The kid wasn't wearing a seat belt. Way to go responsible parent. You smell terrific.
Unless you know for a fact that that parent put that child into the car and didn't buckle the child up, you don't have right to say anything. As a parent of a 5 yr old and driving on icy roads I can't see everything my child does in the back seat expecially when it is dark. You need to think before you judge a person by what you just read in a an article.
Sally

United States

#11 Dec 2, 2010
The lady in the van was the head principal at the local centralized elementary school. I am not sure which vehicle the child died in but if it was hers, and i know she had a young child with her i'm sure she was responsible enough to have her grandson in a car seat. Maybe we should know the FACTS before we point a finger at someone. Instead maybe we should be offering prayers for all the people and families involved in this terrible accident.
knows it all

Apple Creek, OH

#12 Dec 2, 2010
Just a girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it did, dum as. the live report on tv last night said " killed when ejected from vehicle". you prolley think the guy in michigan is innocent too, huh?
Grandparent

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 2, 2010
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know for a fact that that parent put that child into the car and didn't buckle the child up, you don't have right to say anything. As a parent of a 5 yr old and driving on icy roads I can't see everything my child does in the back seat expecially when it is dark. You need to think before you judge a person by what you just read in a an article.
As a parent of 5 and grandparent of 4, I can tell you that if you decide to put a child in a car, it is your responsibility to KNOW what they are doing at all times. If they get out of the seatbelt, pull off the road and put them back in it. If you cant tell if they have taken off the seatbelt how will you know if they open the door and fall out ? It only takes a second for anything to happen. I dont know if that child was wearing one or not, but if you put your child in a car, you need to pay attention to what they are doing at all times.
WAITING FOR SNOW

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2010
Just a girl wrote:
<quoted text>
10 TV SAID The child was ejected from the car. My 3 is still in a carseat..
Misty Cruz

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Dec 2, 2010
REtired Deputy wrote:
4 yr old was THROWN from the car and died !!! Now what kind of parent or other adult does not make sure a small child is buckled in ????
Don't answer that because we know they would bleep it out.
he was belted in he undid his seatbelt while mom was driving. Don't judge unless you have all the facts. I know this because he is my nephew.
Gabby

Columbus, OH

#16 Dec 2, 2010
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this little boy. Regardless of whether or not the child was buckled in , the fact is an innocent child lost his life in an accident. NOBODY knows if it could have been prevented... I'm sure the mother is not only hysterical and grieving over this but is feeling very responsible for the loss of her child. If you were not in that car, you don't know the full story ,only hear say. Maybe the child unbuckled the seatbelt himself. So don't be so judgemental.
Jim

Carlisle, PA

#17 Dec 2, 2010
The accident did not happen after 7PM. It happened around 5:30PM, and traffic was backed up until well after 10:30PM.
Jim

Carlisle, PA

#18 Dec 2, 2010
...but all the facts in the world really don't matter. Today the family of one small child faces a sudden and horrible loss. No matter what the cause, when it happened, or who is to blame, it is still tragic.
rnprayer

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Dec 2, 2010
Our Prayers are with the family. Such a sad thing that happened. Please everyone should keep rude comments to themselves b/c you would not want someone bashing you at a time like this. Be a better person and just say a prayer.
indy

Columbus, OH

#20 Dec 2, 2010
well before we pass judgement....the child was most likely ejected from the vehicle if they died in a car accident. But couldn't the child have unbuckled the seat? I am sure most parents are responsible enough to buckle a child securly in their seat before driving. I guess no one has all the details yet but I think before we start bashing the driver we should know a little more about the accident. Unfortunately most car deaths occur this way. I was just at a funeral on Monday from a friend who rolled their SUV over 2 weeks ago. Please everyone make sure you wear your belts. And talk to your children and teens about the importance of car safety
Well Read

Groveport, OH

#21 Dec 2, 2010
You people judging, should be ashamed of youreselves, a family is grieving, people are hurting, friends and classmates of injured are beside themselves, a community is stunned... and you all are throwing stones. SERIOUSLY... where's the compassion? No matter WHAT the circumstances at this moment in time... HAVE A HEART -My sympathies to ALL touched by this.
Bubba

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Dec 2, 2010
PARENT Grove City :: If you don't know what your 5 yr old is doing in the car whichich should be sitting safely strapped in with a safe toy etc then you have NO BUSINESS with that child in the car. We can all wait till your kid is a teen and out getting into trouble to hear your sick excuses then. If they live that long with you as a parent.
AngieinOhio

Columbus, OH

#23 Dec 2, 2010
Regardless of the details of HOW it happened, it HAPPENED!! The HOW of the matter is irrelivant. The fact of the matter is that there is a Mom and a Dad out there with severe broken hearts right now. I am QUITE certain that they did not wish for this no matter WHAT caused it!!!!!

Darn, y'all.. it's CHRISTMAS TIME! Get over yourselves, get on your knee's and pray for these poor family members that lost a child .. especially at this time of year.

Ever stop to think what kind of days and months they have ahead of them?? Chances are that they have purchased presents for this child that they have to go home and look at, a tree that they may have put up that they have to set and look at on Christmas morning... and probably will feel like they are having their hearts ripped out of their chest while doing so?

So you all go think about THAT while you are all warm and cozy adn watching your kids open their presents and you're all together! Don't you DARE think about the broken hearts of others or how fortunate you are that an accident has not plagued your family.

You all who have posted bad things about the parent driving the car...YOU MAKE ME ILL!!!
driving along the road

Columbus, OH

#24 Dec 2, 2010
Very sad that another life is gone because of not wearing a safety belt. Kids can find a way to undo things, so I am hoping the parents did not forget to fasten him in the car. If the child was ejected from the car, then the only thing it could have been was from not wearing a seat belt. As for what led up to that, I was not there, so I don't know. It is just so sad that these things happen all across the country. Those of us who were children in the days before seat belts in cars are fortunate that the same things did not happen to us. We now know better. Everyone just use common sense and be careful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason acker has a meth lab forsure on 56 Jul '16 Caught 6
steves pizza in adelphi ohio Jul '16 You know 1
News Community surprises Pickaway Co. deputy with ne... May '16 Wonderful people ... 17
News Pickaway County woman found guilty in murder-fo... (Feb '16) Feb '16 peace 27
Steven Roeder (Dec '15) Feb '16 Motion 5
News 17 Indicted for Drug Trafficking in Pickaw... (Mar '15) Jan '16 tom tom 15
a letter to my daddy cody moore where are you a... (Nov '15) Jan '16 Jennifer 4
More from around the web