Memphis Mom Found Dead At Rest Stop in Ohio

There are 20 comments on the WREG story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Memphis Mom Found Dead At Rest Stop in Ohio. In it, WREG reports that:

Joe Killebrew says not knowing is the hardest part. "Nobody really knows what happened to her, we don't know anything really just waiting on the autopsy," said Killebrew.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Depressing

Memphis, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2010
This is so sad, it breaks my heart. My deepest sympathies to her entire family.

Like her Aunt said, she may not have been an angel child, but no one deserves to just be dumped off.

May God bless and keep her. Maybe she will have it better than the struggles she endured here.
cutie

Tunica, MS

#2 Jul 12, 2010
how can you say she was a good mother when she wasnt even there for her kids. They were dumped off at their grandmothers who is now left to raise them when she should be enjoying her aging years. Give me a break. No, she did not deserve to be dumped on the side of the road. I feel for this lady but stop trying to sugar coat things.
tired of stupid people

Memphis, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2010
shut up bitch if you are from Memphis then you are no better than she were how do we know who is taking care of your kids you act like you are a great mom but that is what your mouth say,what she did do not mean that she was not a good mother stop being so dam stupid you probly live on state assistance so shut the hell up
DEATHWISH-2

Collierville, TN

#4 Jul 12, 2010
Sad tragedy for the mom and children. My prayers go out to the children left to journey this world without a mom.
Lauren

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2010
cutie wrote:
how can you say she was a good mother when she wasnt even there for her kids. They were dumped off at their grandmothers who is now left to raise them when she should be enjoying her aging years. Give me a break. No, she did not deserve to be dumped on the side of the road. I feel for this lady but stop trying to sugar coat things.
The marriage rate in the black community is very low and the out of wed lock births are very high. Blacks are not big on traditional families so this type of stuff is going to happen.
anonymous

Memphis, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Shouldn't it be Memphis Ho Found Murdered? The Mom part was obviously not at the top of her priority list.
sharon

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2010
i knew her and she was a very nice girl. not rude or anything. down to earth. i hope the best for her children my heart goes out to them.....she loved ya'll very much.
Baffled

Memphis, TN

#8 Jul 12, 2010
Why is no one talking about the rest of the story? It only takes simple investigation to determine she was working the truck stops, bedding down with the truckers. I'm sure drugs were in her system at the time of her death. I'm baffled (once again) that the local coroner cannot figure this out.

Deepest sympathies to the surviving children. Hoping you end up raised better. Alas... Darwinism is not far away for these poor children.
Baffled

Memphis, TN

#9 Jul 12, 2010
tired of stupid people wrote:
shut up **** if you are from Memphis then you are no better than she were how do we know who is taking care of your kids you act like you are a great mom but that is what your mouth say,what she did do not mean that she was not a good mother stop being so dam stupid you probly live on state assistance so shut the hell up
Huh? Pot, meet kettle.
Damon

Memphis, TN

#10 Jul 12, 2010
shut up **** if you are from Memphis then you are no better than she were how do we know who is taking care of your kids you act like you are a great mom but that is what your mouth say,what she did do not mean that she was not a good mother stop being so dam stupid you probly live on state assistance so shut the hell up
WOW! At the end of the day she was still a human being with transgressions. We have All sinned and come short of his goodness. FYI, next time check your grammar and spelling before posting such a ludicrous comment!
Moved Out of Memphrica

United States

#11 Jul 12, 2010
WOW!! Look at your name, then read your post and check for English/spelling.

It doesn't matter what she did, who she was, what she did/didn't do, this is a sad story. No human being deserves this. This country and especially Memphis no longer respects human life.
So sad

Memphis, TN

#13 Jul 12, 2010
"You're 36. Who do you have to explain yourself to? You don't have to," said Killebrew when asked if Vaughn's family knew where she was.

What? When you have three kids, you have plenty of explaining to do, your kids, or at least whoever is taking care of your kids, should know where you are. For so many reasons..
just sad

Trenton, TN

#14 Jul 12, 2010
Ok she might have been prostituting in Ohio but I believe that her boyfriend had something to do with this....This just don't sound right....
dhw

United States

#16 Jul 12, 2010
I am an avid watcher of true crime programs and on every one there is one thing the detectives always say, "It does not matter who the victim was. The victim did not deserve to be murdered and is a VICTIM." No matter what the findings of her autopsy, what she did in life should not be a reflection on her death. She didn't just walked to the rest area and lay down and die. Someone left her there either alive, partially alive, or dead. I send condolences to her family and hope they have answers to her death soon.
go 4 it

Jacksonville, AR

#17 Jul 12, 2010
people have to live and if all she knows is laying on her back so be it.that was still the kids mama!remember that
Mark

Memphis, TN

#18 Jul 12, 2010
I find it completely sad a person chooses drug addiction & prostitute in an educated society where the first 12 years of education are offered for free! People need to stop being selfish and learn a simple trait, pro-progress. Individually it is best to aspire to the positive, grow upon the creative and shy away from; wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

Too, my thoughts go to her children to aspire change.
Mike

United States

#19 Jul 12, 2010
Lauren wrote:
<quoted text>
The marriage rate in the black community is very low and the out of wed lock births are very high. Blacks are not big on traditional families so this type of stuff is going to happen.
What you posted are obviously undeniable truths. But I think the bigger problem is blacks unwillingness to admit or even discuss that these are real issues in their communities. It is much easier and more PC to blame everything and everybody else.
personal thought

Aubrey, TX

#20 Jul 12, 2010
Don't know about the victim, do not know if she was a A+ mom, or a F-reject. REGARDLESS, she did not deserve to be murdered. I hope who ever killed gets arrested, convicted, and gets the needle...
mee

United States

#22 Jul 12, 2010
everyone seems to be missing tha point this is a woman that is dead and she may not have been there for her kids but her children and family love her their grieving at this moment and all of you would be too if she was your family so stop being so judgemental and pray for her kids and the rest of her family!!!!!!!!!
mee

United States

#23 Jul 12, 2010
and to Mark GO SUCK A D*** B**** you copy 10-4!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 17 Indicted for Drug Trafficking in Pickaw... Apr 28 Mary 14
News Donald R. Shepard and Brent A. Cox have been ch... (Nov '11) Feb '15 strankoff 26
News Sheriff: Driver Dies After Car Strikes Ohio Bridge (Jul '14) Jul '14 who 1
News Harrisburg police may be out of bounds (Oct '07) May '14 Guitarz626 2
News Huge Meth Lab Bust in Pickaway County (Apr '14) Apr '14 seth Ferguson 8
News Brawling bikers draw 30 officers to Madison Cou... (Jun '12) Feb '14 what2know 2
News Man behind deadly prank wants out of prison (Nov '12) Jan '14 YoungRestless 188
More from around the web